The Taliban close in on Afghan cities, pushing the country to the brink

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
The Taliban have been encroaching on key cities around Afghanistan for months, threatening to drive the country to its breaking point and push the Biden administration into a no-win situation just as the United States’ longest war is supposed to be coming to an end.

Around the northern city of Kunduz, despite the winter’s fierce cold, the Taliban have taken outposts and military bases, using small armed drones to terrorize Afghan troops. In neighbouring Pul-i-Khumri, they have seized important highways in a stranglehold of the city, threatening main lifelines to Kabul, the country’s capital.

So, we won't be leaving by May. This is stupid.

The Taliban have been encroaching on key cities around Afghanistan for months, threatening to drive the country to its breaking point and push the Biden administration into a no-win situation just as the United States’ longest war is supposed to be coming to an end.

Around the northern city of Kunduz, despite the winter’s fierce cold, the Taliban have taken outposts and military bases, using small armed drones to terrorize Afghan troops. In neighbouring Pul-i-Khumri, they have seized important highways in a stranglehold of the city, threatening main lifelines to Kabul, the country’s capital.

So, we won't be leaving by May. This is stupid.

No surprise.

I know almost nothing about that country.

But I remember reading that the British had troubles conquering that country.

I remember the old USSR was forced to leave that country.

And the Americans will fail, too, in trying to change that country.

I am sure that the Afghan people are absolutely lovely people.

Let them do their own thing. Not even one American life is worth losing there.

The Afghan people have fighting and repelling invaders for countless centuries.
America is just the latest country on that long list of the defeated. ... :cool:
No rather ... like the Soviets before us, trying to build up a backwater shithole city of the people trapped in the stone ages to even a minimally civilian country is a losing proposition and not worth the time, effort or money. They were fucked before we got their and they will be fucked when we leave. They are a lost cause!

No rather ... like the Soviets before us, trying to build up a backwater shithole city of the people trapped in the stone ages to even a minimally civilian country is a losing proposition and not worth the time, effort or money. They were fucked before we got their and they will be fucked when we leave. They are a lost cause!
Did it ever occur to anyone that the Afghan people are happy with their lifestyle and don't want the trappings and headaches that plague modern western society, and just want to be left alone? .... :cool:

OIP (8).jpeg

It's not hard to see that Afghanistan strategically completes the triangle surrounding Iran. And it's also a good place to keep an eye on Pakistan who oh by the way has nuclear weapons.

Did it ever occur to anyone that the Afghan people are happy with their lifestyle and don't want the trappings and headaches that plague modern western society, and just want to be left alone? .... :cool:

When they are as barbaric as the Taliban only a few are. Most are not. Sorry but they were left alone until they attacked us.

When they are as barbaric as the Taliban only a few are. Most are not. Sorry but they were left alone until they attacked us.
The Taliban only attacked when their country was invaded. ... :cool:
We didn't attack their country first; they attacked us unprovoked. In fact we spend money and resources helping them defeat the Soviets!

They were highly ungrateful...kinda like you leeching off the US.

Forum List

Back