The tale of two pandemics

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Here are the facts in regards to the H1N1 pandemic

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-pandemic.html

Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated.** Globally, 80 percent of (H1N1)pdm09 virus-related deaths were estimated to have occurred in people younger than 65 years of age. This differs greatly from typical seasonal influenza epidemics, during which about 70 percent to 90 percent of deaths are estimated to occur in people 65 years and older.

-------------

Here is obama giving a press conference in regards to it.

He is playing it down and I remember this. Thank.God he did, or else who knows? Panic may have happened if the beloved press told us every day, every hour, every minute of the deaths around the world. Right? What do you think? This pandemic totally different from that pandemic?

So, what I do know is I don't recall shutting down any borders or travel from places. Don't recall widespread mass testing being required. Do you?

I do remember cnn and msnbc and you guys praising the ever lving hell out of him though.

Huh.....

Last edited:

Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated.** Globally, 80 percent of (H1N1)pdm09 virus-related deaths were estimated to have occurred in people younger than 65 years of age. This differs greatly from typical seasonal influenza epidemics, during which about 70 percent to 90 percent of deaths are estimated to occur in people 65 years and older.

-------------

He is playing it down and I remember this. Thank.God he did, or else who knows? Panic may have happened if the beloved press told us every day, every hour, every minute of the deaths around the world. Right Alaska? What do you think? This pandemic totally different from that pandemic Alaska? You, are the expert Alaska.

So, what I do know is I don't recall shutting down any borders or travel from places. Don't recall widespread mass testing being required. Do you?

I do remember cnn and msnbc and you guys praising the ever lving hell out of him though.

Huh.....

I also remember that this thing is more contagious and a hell of a lot more deadly. Not something the press says but literally every infectious disease expert. As we speak this virus is completely overwhelming the healthcare system of Italy, a healthcare system that has more beds, more doctors and more ventilators per capita than the US. So this drumbeat of versions of " this is not serious" seems not only not helpful but actually dangerous.
I truly hope I'm wrong, but chances are this will hit the US as hard if not harder than Italy. At that point though I'm pretty sure you and people like you will claim that they didn't say anything like this or claim some conspiracy.

-------------

He is playing it down and I remember this. Thank.God he did, or else who knows? Panic may have happened if the beloved press told us every day, every hour, every minute of the deaths around the world. Right Alaska? What do you think? This pandemic totally different from that pandemic Alaska? You, are the expert Alaska.

Huh.....

I also remember that this thing is more contagious and a hell of a lot more deadly. Not something the press says but literally every infectious disease expert. As we speak this virus is completely overwhelming the healthcare system of Italy, a healthcare system that has more beds, more doctors and more ventilators per capita than the US. So this drumbeat of versions of " this is not serious" seems not only not helpful but actually dangerous.
I truly hope I'm wrong, but chances are this will hit the US as hard if not harder than Italy. At that point though I'm pretty sure you and people like you will claim that they didn't say anything like this or claim some conspiracy.

So.H1N1 was not "really a pandemic."

Got it.

No wonder we weren't told every minute, every hour and svery day of the number of deaths world wide.

No big deal.

Maybe they should do degrees of pandemics, cause that pandemic was obviously no big deal.

No mass testing demanded, no travel bans. I mean, it wasn't a pandemic even though 80 percent of (H1N1)pdm09 virus-related deaths were estimated to have occurred in people younger than 65 years of age. According to the cdc.

Oh boy. Wasn't a pandemic. Good to know.

-------------

Huh.....

Got it.

No wonder we weren't told every minute, every hour and svery day of the number of deaths world wide.

No big deal.

Maybe they should do degrees of pandemics, cause that pandemic was obviously no big deal.

No mass testing demanded, no travel bans. I mean, it wasn't a pandemic even though 80 percent of (H1N1)pdm09 virus-related deaths were estimated to have occurred in people younger than 65 years of age. According to the cdc.

There are degrees of pandemics. A pandemic of Ebola would be worse than this. H1N1 is less bad than Covid 19.

A pandemic is simply a word that describes a virus that infects people over multiple regions. The infection rate and mortality rate determines the required response to it.

-------------

Huh.....

Lie Motherfucker lie.

H1N1 killed 12,469 Americans. The press buried to protect Obama, just as the same press is hyping the holy fuck out of the Wuhan virus to hurt Trump. So far, 90 days in on the virus, H1N1 was 700% MORE LETHAL than the Wuhan virus.

2009 H1N1 Pandemic

-------------

Huh.....

Got it.

No big deal.

You act like being afraid of a virus that kills 1 in 50 and puts 1 in 5 in the hospital is unreasonable while you seem to be afraid of a word.

-------------

Huh.....

Got it.

No big deal.

There are degrees of pandemics. A pandemic of Ebola would be worse than this. H1N1 is less bad than Covid 19.

A pandemic is simply a word that describes a virus that infects people over multiple regions. The infection rate and mortality rate determines the required response to it.

Lie motherfucker, lie.

2009 H1N1 Pandemic

The only 2 Coronaviruses I'm aware of is the Democratic one where everyone is celebrating and hoping for the worst, thinking that will help them beat Trump, and the Republican one where we are in a life or death battle, trying to defeat it.

-------------

He is playing it down and I remember this. Thank.God he did, or else who knows? Panic may have happened if the beloved press told us every day, every hour, every minute of the deaths around the world. Right? What do you think? This pandemic totally different from that pandemic?

Huh.....

I posted those figures in another thread

-------------

Huh.....

Got it.

No big deal.

You act like being afraid of a virus that kills 1 in 50 and puts 1 in 5 in the hospital is unreasonable while you seem to be afraid of a word.

That rate is NOT CONFIRMED........too many aren't recorded........the rate will probably be more like 1%....on the ship where they were isolated.........the rate was 1.2% and so far the best unbiased test on this virus.

-------------

Huh.....

Got it.

No big deal.

1 in 5? You’re nuts

-------------

Huh.....

What is it that y’all aren’t getting about this? NO ONE HAS IMMUNITY TO THIS. Unless you’ve already contracted it. This is also worse than Influenza. It’s also highly contagious, with carriers walking around infecting others for a week before showing symptoms. EVERYONE is going to catch this. 1-2% death rate out of a few billion people...is a lot of fucking people. The goal isn’t to contain this, China and the EU fucked any chances of that. The goal is to slow the spread to buy time so our hospitals (who usually run at 90% capacity without a fucking pandemic) don’t get overrun, and have to start denying treatment to thousands who need it. Remember, strokes, cancer complications, kidney failure, and heart attacks aren’t going to be self quarantining while this happening either. Are you getting it now? China committed Probably the biggest crime against humanity in our lifetimes by trying to cover this up.
Here’s A Timeline Of The Coronavirus Outbreak And China’s Coverup
And then the EU also royally fucked up by not banning air travel from China because they were worried about what the fucktards who equate quarantines with racism would think of them. They did eventually ban travel anyway but a month too late. Then the EU became the pathway for this virus into the US as well as the rest of the world.

-------------

Huh.....

Because Boomers. Boomers by and large are at the helm of all financial seats, and seats of political power. Couple that with a virus that, while merely an inconvenience to most; seems tailor made to eliminate them personally. Invisible, seemingly unstoppable, no cure, and it can reach you no matter who you are. Except it only kills your kind (Boomers) for the most part...
Now Suddenly there’s global peace, even the most staunch leftist politic fatcats demand sealing of the borders, and the dried up old boomers at the helm are prepared to tank world economies and put entire nations on lock down in their efforts to avoid a date with the reaper. Typical Boomer M.O. “Whatever it takes to get mine; keep mine, and fuck everyone else”.

-------------

Huh.....

What is it that y’all aren’t getting about this? NO ONE HAS IMMUNITY TO THIS. Unless you’ve already contracted it. This is also worse than Influenza. It’s also highly contagious, with carriers walking around infecting others for a week before showing symptoms. EVERYONE is going to catch this. 1-2% death rate out of a few billion people...is a lot of fucking people. The goal isn’t to contain this, China and the EU fucked any chances of that. The goal is to slow the spread to buy time so our hospitals (who usually run at 90% capacity without a fucking pandemic) don’t get overrun, and have to start denying treatment to thousands who need it. Remember, strokes, cancer complications, kidney failure, and heart attacks aren’t going to be self quarantining while this happening either. Are you getting it now? China committed Probably the biggest crime against humanity in our lifetimes by trying to cover this up.
And then the EU also royally fucked up by not banning air travel from China because they were worried about what the fucktards who equate quarantines with racism would think of them. They did eventually ban travel anyway but a month too late. Then the EU became the pathway for this virus into the US as well as the rest of the world.

Never said anything about influenza.

Did I?

... H1N1 killed 12,469 Americans [in the 2009-10 flu season] ...

Added text in brackets mine

The CDC is reporting 21,000 flu deaths in the USA this year ... and this is considered a moderate if not mild outbreak ... certainly less than the 61,000 dead just two years ago ... Corvus-19 has killed almost 300 so far ... wow, we should be worried, shelter-in-place folks ... and vote your fears ...

-------------

Huh.....

Got it.

No big deal.

That rate is NOT CONFIRMED........too many aren't recorded........the rate will probably be more like 1%....on the ship where they were isolated.........the rate was 1.2% and so far the best unbiased test on this virus.

1.2% Is nothing to scoff at. It's also not even the full story. A much higher percentage needs hospitalization. Let's put it like this. It's from a meme but illustrates it perfectly. If I give you a hundred skittles and tell you that 1 will kill you and 5 will put you in the hospital will you eat any of them?

-------------

Huh.....

Got it.

No big deal.

1.2% Is nothing to scoff at. It's also not even the full story. A much higher percentage needs hospitalization. Let's put it like this. It's from a meme but illustrates it perfectly. If I give you a hundred skittles and tell you that 1 will kill you and 5 will put you in the hospital will you eat any of them?

And yet it is lower than 2 %...........What percentage change is that on deaths for a million people.....hmm.....or 50 million.......

In South Korea the rate was 0.7%..........even lower........the cruise ship so far was the only MANAGED LAB TEST so to say..........They couldn't leave and it spread throught the ventillation.......Bad move to leave them onboard...........

What is it that y’all aren’t getting about this? NO ONE HAS IMMUNITY TO THIS.

We don't know that. This is a claim from Communist China that is not confirmed and can't be confirmed. Remember, the ChiCom's also lied about reinfection.

Why does lying about reinfection matter? Well, IF a person who had the Wuhan virus and recovered, only to be reinfected, then a vaccine would be impossible. You see, the infected develop antibodies which prevent reinfection. Vaccines work on the principle of antibodies. If there are no antibodies, their can be no vaccine and the spread cannot be contained.

Thankfully, China was lying. Victims do develop antibodies.

Unless you’ve already contracted it. This is also worse than Influenza. It’s also highly contagious, with carriers walking around infecting others for a week before showing symptoms. EVERYONE is going to catch this. 1-2% death rate out of a few billion people...is a lot of fucking people. The goal isn’t to contain this, China and the EU fucked any chances of that. The goal is to slow the spread to buy time so our hospitals (who usually run at 90% capacity without a fucking pandemic) don’t get overrun, and have to start denying treatment to thousands who need it. Remember, strokes, cancer complications, kidney failure, and heart attacks aren’t going to be self quarantining while this happening either. Are you getting it now? China committed Probably the biggest crime against humanity in our lifetimes by trying to cover this up.

No, everyone is not going to catch this and the 1-2% mortality is unlikely as treatments are developed, including hydroxychloroquine which has shown early signs of improving symptoms.

You take the worst case scenario, then assume a static model and make predictions that only serve to create hysteria.

Forum List

Back