The Supreme Court’s Dobbs decision

I'm not talking about the "natural biological process," I'm talking about caretaking. If the State defines 'personhood' absolutely as the moment the egg is fertilized, that means that the zygote or embryo or fetus must be guaranteed the same Constitutional protections as the rest of us; that's your whole argument, right? As they are also helpless (or even unformed), they rely on their mother as their sole caretaker, meaning the end of their life carries with it at least an investigation.

Of course, I'm not arguing for persecution of miscarriages. I brought this up to make a point: There are reasons why the society shouldn't simply adopt the absolute "spark of life" idea for the 5th and 14th Amendment definitions of "life." Each person should have the freedom to make that judgment for themselves as much as possible.

I also notice you both avoided the precedent it sets, of removing Constitutional rights. It puts us down a very, very dark path.

I'm not talking about the "natural biological process," I'm talking about caretaking. If the State defines 'personhood' absolutely as the moment the egg is fertilized, that means that the zygote or embryo or fetus must be guaranteed the same Constitutional protections as the rest of us
And they should be.

meaning the end of their life carries with it at least an investigation”

Not every death requires a detective be called out or even an autopsy. If foul play is suspected, yes.

I also notice you both avoided the precedent it sets, of removing Constitutional rights. It puts us down a very, very dark path.
If the Supreme Court today handed down a ruling today that, under some cockamamie blend of 9th Amendment, 14th Amendment, doctrine of incorporation against the states and just ideological nonsense…

… that anyone can bash the US Message Board member named Pellinore in the face with a baseball bat to their hearts content as a Constitutional right…

… would it be a dark day for some later SCOTUS to overturn that?

It couldn’t ever be an actual right for someone to just attack you with a baseball bat. And yet this violence is much less dark and evil than the utter bullshit of letting any mother just kill their kid whenever they want just because.

M14 Shooter said:
FAKE NEWS

Your fake claim can only be substantiated by credible, contradictory surveys that you are obviously impotent in contriving.

Americans, overwhelmingly, are a freedom-loving people who find your authoritarian statism repugnant.

CarsomyPlusSix said:
Fake News, Fake,News! Fake News! Fake News!...

OGC-3.gif

Forum List

Back