The Supreme Court just took a case that could drastically limit — or even overrule — Roe v. Wade

behind every good thing comes pain!

That will truly get women out in 2022.

There is also an interesting possibility here - that Congress could pass a law legalizing abortion at the federal level. Might just be the way to go.
Legal murder in all 50 states?

God help us

If you support the death penalty it's already legal.
What fetus has ever murdered anyone?
When an innocent man gets the death penalty...who did he kill?

Other than that - until viability, my body has more rights than something growing in it. Period.

How many unwanted fetus' have you adopted or are you one of those who are all in for it pre-birth and post birth call the mothers sluts, welfare queens and the kids become spawn?
when an innocent child gets a death penalty who did he kill???

you should stop while youre ahead,,,

If you were never conscious, would you care?
thats a sad defense,,, once I woke up I would be glad someone didnt kill me while I slept,,

No, you are describing a person who was conscious before, and simply went to slee.
I am talking about someone never yet being conscious at all.
They don't know who they are or want anything.

There is also an interesting possibility here - that Congress could pass a law legalizing abortion at the federal level. Might just be the way to go.

God help us

Other than that - until viability, my body has more rights than something growing in it. Period.

How many unwanted fetus' have you adopted or are you one of those who are all in for it pre-birth and post birth call the mothers sluts, welfare queens and the kids become spawn?

You should just keep your hands out of a woman's private medical decision. You aren't going to adopt it, and you're going to slut shame her afterwards.
its the child she intends on killing I have the problem with,, the women can do what she wants with her own body,,

save your hyperbole for your therapy sessions,,
Save your sanctimoneous mewling for another audience.

Or better yet - adopt an unwanted fetus.

I actually respect those who oppose the death penalty AND abortion - they're consistent. You? Not so much.
when have I ever supported the death penalty?? I havent and think they should rot in jail,, without TV and the internet,,

I noticed you skipped over the biggest part of my comment and went for the personal stuff,,
I see a pattern,,
The pattern is eas

I noticed you went for the personal stuff in your post but are shocked that I respond in kind?

So shove it. Haven't ever heard you argue against the death penalty, so pardon my skepticism.
so because you havent heard me say something means I support it???

why are you ignoring my points about the topic???
What points? You're a liar if you are saying a woman can do what she wants with her body. She can't. You would force her to house a foreign entity she doesn't want, go through the risks of child birth, pay for the medical expenses etc etc.

And then you would insist that any government funding that could help her be cut, and if she asked for help you would slut shame her and call her a welfare queen and kids "spawn".

I don't interfere in YOUR medical decisions, stay out of mine.
is she killing her body or another persons body??

FYI
the reason I know abortion is killing a child , I know that to be a fact when I look at my two sons and realize if not for abortion there would be three of them there,,,
I am always interested in a serious discussion but I've learned, that with you, it doesn't usually happen. Is this time any different?

IMO - prior to viability - you, would have had two sons and a potential other.

If I go into anything personal here - I will be dog piled.

But one's rights to one's own body is pretty important, especially given the historical treatment of women in most cultures. A fetus has no conciousness or awareness of itself or what is happening - far less than a dolphin or a dog. An innocent man on death row knows every minute of every day what is going to happen and that he committed no crime. I'm not going to say a fetus is not human - of course it is - but until viability (or birth) - it has no rights of it's own and the process of giving it rights can only be accomplished by taking rights away from the mother. I don't think human life in and of itself is sacred - no more so than any other life.

Have a problem with it? Too bad. So does most of the rightwing.
Since when does a woman have authority over a man’s baby without his consent?
Wait does this man have a penis or a vagina?

God help us

thats a sad defense,,, once I woke up I would be glad someone didnt kill me while I slept,,

No, you are describing a person who was conscious before, and simply went to slee.
when I became conscious I would be happy someone didnt kill me,,,

the end result is still death of another person,,

you can make all the excuses you want to make so you feel better but that fact remains,,,

God help us

You should just keep your hands out of a woman's private medical decision. You aren't going to adopt it, and you're going to slut shame her afterwards.
its the child she intends on killing I have the problem with,, the women can do what she wants with her own body,,

I can see you have never given birth.
What I have heard is there is nothing more painful.
But that is not the main reason I support abortion.
It is more that there also is nothing more expensive than another child to feed and cloth, which can really keep families in deep poverty.
the solution is dont get pregnant,,

and adoption is always an option,,

Wrong.
Sex is natural, normal, and absolutely required in order for most people to be sane even.
So then pregnancy is going to still sometimes happen.
And no, adoption solves nothing, as the world would still be way over populated and approaching species extinction at some point.

God help us

It is more that there also is nothing more expensive than another child to feed and cloth, which can really keep families in deep poverty.

Wrong.
Sex is natural, normal, and absolutely required in order for most people to be sane even.
And no, adoption solves nothing, as the world would still be way over populated and approaching species extinction at some point.
did you support all the covid restrictions and lockdowns??

God help us

you can make all the excuses you want to make so you feel better but that fact remains,,,

No, life or death does not yet have meaning until a much older age.

God help us

as I said,, you can make what ever excuse you want to make you feel better,,

but in the end it results in death of a person,,

God help us

Wrong.

Absolutely not.
But I did not feel there was any way to really do anything about them, so complied.

God help us

No more than the death of unused sperm.

God help us

Wrong.

Absolutely not.
But I did not feel there was any way to really do anything about them, so complied.
another excuse to justify your POV,,,

God help us

another excuse,,, lacking in context,,

God help us

I actually respect those who oppose the death penalty AND abortion - they're consistent. You? Not so much.
when have I ever supported the death penalty?? I havent and think they should rot in jail,, without TV and the internet,,

I noticed you skipped over the biggest part of my comment and went for the personal stuff,,
I see a pattern,,
The pattern is eas

I noticed you went for the personal stuff in your post but are shocked that I respond in kind?

So shove it. Haven't ever heard you argue against the death penalty, so pardon my skepticism.

What points? You're a liar if you are saying a woman can do what she wants with her body. She can't. You would force her to house a foreign entity she doesn't want, go through the risks of child birth, pay for the medical expenses etc etc.

And then you would insist that any government funding that could help her be cut, and if she asked for help you would slut shame her and call her a welfare queen and kids "spawn".

FYI
the reason I know abortion is killing a child , I know that to be a fact when I look at my two sons and realize if not for abortion there would be three of them there,,,
Choice. You wanted to be FORCED to carry a child?
if she needs an abortion she is already carrying the child,,
I want to stop her from killing it,,,
Fun...you want to control a woman's body. Can we do the same to you? It's only fair.

All the non Christian women I suppose, btw isn't it great to live not in a democracy?
There are lots and lots of Christian women who get abortions, sweetie. I can't think of a better way to fire up the Left and women in 2022.

I could easily be motivated to want to kill anyone who tried to make abortion illegal.

God help us

I see a pattern,,
The pattern is eas

FYI
Fun...you want to control a woman's body. Can we do the same to you? It's only fair.
its her body her choice,, its the body inside her I am protecting,,

God help us

I see a pattern,,
The pattern is eas

FYI
And then what?
A child is born,,,
And then what? Wait...I thought you said it was a child beforehand.

God help us

I see a pattern,,
The pattern is eas

FYI
I am always interested in a serious discussion but I've learned, that with you, it doesn't usually happen. Is this time any different?

IMO - prior to viability - you, would have had two sons and a potential other.

If I go into anything personal here - I will be dog piled.

But one's rights to one's own body is pretty important, especially given the historical treatment of women in most cultures. A fetus has no conciousness or awareness of itself or what is happening - far less than a dolphin or a dog. An innocent man on death row knows every minute of every day what is going to happen and that he committed no crime. I'm not going to say a fetus is not human - of course it is - but until viability (or birth) - it has no rights of it's own and the process of giving it rights can only be accomplished by taking rights away from the mother. I don't think human life in and of itself is sacred - no more so than any other life.

Have a problem with it? Too bad. So does most of the rightwing.
Since when does a woman have authority over a man’s baby without his consent?
He consented when he unzipped his pants. Time to have government control that part.

God help us

I see a pattern,,
The pattern is eas

FYI
And then what?
A child is born,,,
And then what? Wait...I thought you said it was a child beforehand.
its born!!!

still a child before birth,,

God help us

Wrong.

Absolutely not.

God help us

Lacking context?
Not true.
The POINT is sperm is not sentient even though it is alive.
And neither is a fetus.
It has more cells, but is not yet aware of anything at all.

This drive to allow worthless cults to force their opinions on the American population has got to stop. And the people behind this are gun-toting sex nuts whose hatred of women is obvious. The right-wingers will stop at nothing to relieve us of all of our freedoms.
Flee while you still can. I heard Gaza is nice this time of year.

Why flee from one's own country? I oppose any attempt to impose an authoritarian theocracy from any religion on the nation. Neither you nor the cheap politicians can know whether a woman, or a couple, who seek an abortion are followers of the sects that condemn abortion. She/they probably aren't.

Interestingly, a very, very close friend of mine is a Type I Diabetic. She had decided to quit the Christian faith years before she and her husband found themselves pregnant when an IUD failed, the doctors warned her not to go ahead, but she decided to according to her beliefs and almost lost her life despite months in bed. As she has said numerous times: this was her decision to make and she made it. Later, her daughter got pregnant as a result of a teenage romance, and she, too, decided to go ahead.

No government has the right to interfere with such a decision in order to push sectarian beliefs on others. This is not a matter for politicians nor anyone else who buys in to some fantasy about what happens in the real world to real people.

BTW: my friend's husband (now decesased) did not meet his responsibilities toward her, their child, and their common household, and she basically handled the full responsibility of raising the baby herself while holding a full-time job, all of which her husband neglected.
I wish they’d discover a gene linked to homosexuality. Then we can abort all defective homosexuals.

That does not really make a lot of sense because homosexuals do not pass on genes.
So then it can't be genetic really, unless all people have the trait and it is only something like overpopulation that activates it?
Shhhhh...that poster isn't very bright. He/she forgets that gay people come from straight people.

God help us

Wrong.

Absolutely not.

God help us

Lacking context?
Not true.
The POINT is sperm is not sentient even though it is alive.
And neither is a fetus.
It has more cells, but is not yet aware of anything at all.
we arent talking about sperm,,,

God help us

Wrong.
For living breathing con-scious people to avoid a worse pandemic? Absolutely. It will be really really really funny if you try to compare legalized abortion with that. :heehee:

Forum List

Back