The Supreme Court just took a case that could drastically limit — or even overrule — Roe v. Wade

The Supreme Court just took a case that could drastically limit — or even overrule — Roe v. Wade​

Or it could not do anything but reinforce current federal rulings.

Overturning RvW would create a significant number of new Democratic votes.

The leaders of the right know that. They also know that much of their fundraising depends on RvW being there. Hence, it's not going to happen. They're going to keep making empty promises to their base, forever.
I agree. They are not overturning RvW.

It's the biggest go-nowhere issue in politics.

Let's all agree to let people kill their worthless idiot spawn and be done with it.

I am a right-to-lifer myself, especially in this day and age where contraception is easy and you can get morning after pills. So, it's hard to see why a woman should wait until her baby is about to be born to say, "nope, kill it". You change use different words to assuage the guilt, but that's what it amounts to. End a life that exists but hasn't been born yet, the distinction between 5 minutes before birth and 5 minutes after is one I'll ever understand.

There are many people who say that an abortion should be okay up to a certain point, say the date the fetus becomes viable. After which, no. There may be some time before a woman realizes or discovers that she is pregnant, past the time when a morning after pill would work. (?) So, a chemical abortion becomes the only option left if she isn't ready to be a mom. I can see that as a concession to her reproductive rights, especially in cases of rape or incest but even if not that. Yes, she should've kept her legs together but done is done. I see no need for her to wait until a medical procedure has to be done.

Each state ought (IMHO) to have the authority to decide where that point is to allow or deny an abortion, as long as an individual still as a reasonable time frame to do it. Past that point, an abortion procedure should be approved by a judge if unusual circumstances warrant it.

People talk all the time about a woman's right to choose, but they don't talk about the baby's right to live. And they don't talk about the woman's choice to have unprotected sex; sometimes she didn't have that choice, I get that and there should be exceptions allowed. But in this world you ought to be responsible for your decisions.

This drive to allow worthless cults to force their opinions on the American population has got to stop. And the people behind this are gun-toting sex nuts whose hatred of women is obvious. The right-wingers will stop at nothing to relieve us of all of our freedoms.

This drive to allow worthless cults to force their opinions on the American population has got to stop. And the people behind this are gun-toting sex nuts whose hatred of women is obvious. The right-wingers will stop at nothing to relieve us of all of our freedoms.
Flee while you still can. I heard Gaza is nice this time of year.

The choice to deprive another living human being of their life should never be considered a "freedom"

The leaders of the right know that. They also know that much of their fundraising depends on RvW being there. Hence, it's not going to happen. They're going to keep making empty promises to their base, forever.
But those new voters won’t vote. They’ll be dead from gun violence and drug overdoses before they reach 18.

I could see a five person majority overruling Roe. Abortion will not end, but will remove a wedge issue from the GOP.

Flee while you still can. I heard Gaza is nice this time of year.

Why flee from one's own country? I oppose any attempt to impose an authoritarian theocracy from any religion on the nation. Neither you nor the cheap politicians can know whether a woman, or a couple, who seek an abortion are followers of the sects that condemn abortion. She/they probably aren't.

Interestingly, a very, very close friend of mine is a Type I Diabetic. She had decided to quit the Christian faith years before she and her husband found themselves pregnant when an IUD failed, the doctors warned her not to go ahead, but she decided to according to her beliefs and almost lost her life despite months in bed. As she has said numerous times: this was her decision to make and she made it. Later, her daughter got pregnant as a result of a teenage romance, and she, too, decided to go ahead.

No government has the right to interfere with such a decision in order to push sectarian beliefs on others. This is not a matter for politicians nor anyone else who buys in to some fantasy about what happens in the real world to real people.

BTW: my friend's husband (now decesased) did not meet his responsibilities toward her, their child, and their common household, and she basically handled the full responsibility of raising the baby herself while holding a full-time job, all of which her husband neglected.

No one is forcing, murder is wrong plain and simple

This is a belief of your sect. It is not a universally held belief or people would not schedule abortions. If you believe that abortion is murder, no one is forcing you to have one.

I wouldn't be so sure if I were you. Just today the SC ruled on a case that puts one hell of a dent in the red flag laws and warrant-less search and seizure of firearms. The ruling was 9-0

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/20pdf/20-157_8mjp.pdf

This is a belief of your sect. It is not a universally held belief or people would not schedule abortions. If you believe that abortion is murder, no one is forcing you to have one.
Its no belief it's the law in most jurisdiction's if you kill a pregnant woman it's double homicide.

Its no belief it's the law in most jurisdiction's if you kill a pregnant woman it's double homicide.
Who passed these laws? Should they have been passed? Look at the "laws" the openly sectarian prostitutes and pimps who run Texas are capable of passing. Like I said, you can obey the rules of your sect if you wish, but don't force them on the public. You are free to put on a prairie dress, a bonnet, and spread your legs for your husband when he clicks his fingers, too, if these are the rules of your sect.

Forum List

Back