The Stone Cold Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's now time to look at the cold, hard, graphic reality of what racism by whites has entailed. The information used in this thread will come from the book, "White Rage," by Dr. Carol Anderson.

White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide
National Book Critics Circle Award Winner
New York Times Bestseller
A New York Times Notable Book of the Year
A Washington Post Notable Nonfiction Book of the Year
A Boston Globe Best Book of 2016
A Chicago Review of Books Best Nonfiction Book of 2016

From the end of the Civil War to our combustible present, an acclaimed historian reframes the conversation about race, chronicling the powerful forces opposed to black progress in America.

Since 1865 and the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment, every time African Americans have made advances towards full participation in our democracy, white reaction has fueled a deliberate, relentless rollback of their gains. The end of the Civil War and Reconstruction was greeted with the Black Codes and Jim Crow; the Supreme Court’s landmark 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision was met with the shutting down of public schools throughout the South; the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965 triggered a coded response, the so-called Southern Strategy and the War on Drugs that disenfranchised millions of African Americans.

White Rage — Carol Anderson

Starting with my next post, you will be shown in graphic detail the steps whites took to deprive blacks of equal rights and freedom after slavery ended up until our lifetimes. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. That's a fact and it's time people faced that fact.

973202258-tumblr_nkamg2vYZC1tfx1mao1_1280.jpg
We know blacks were denied rights IN THE PAST. Why do you find it necessary to hash old shit? It was wrong and thankfully times have changed. NO, racism has not ended, probably never will. But why whine about things of the past that cant be changed and nobody today has done?

This is my OPINION (so it is neither "right" nor "wrong").

1. In 2020, very few Americans of any ethnicity feel any sort of "racism" (i.e., "dislike") toward the ethnicity under consideration.

2. But it is accurate to say that some (of course, I do not know the percentage) of Americans have a sense of fear when interacting with the ethnicity under consideration.

3. Cutting to the chase, I cite the (in)famous statement in 1993 of the Rev. Jesse Jackson:

"To walk down the street and hear footsteps … then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved."
Actually it is wrong. But this thread is about all the things that have been done to blacks by whites that has hampered our progress. At least 31 percent of white Americans today hold racist views according to a IPSOS Poll for Thomson Reuters and the University of Virginia Center for Politics, that was conducted online from Aug. 21 to Sept. 5, 2017.

“Thirty-one percent of Americans polled strongly or somewhat agreed that ‘America must protect and preserve its White European heritage.”

White people are the majority of the U.S. population, totaling about 245,532,000 or 77.7% of the population as of 2017. Non-Hispanic whites are 62.6% of the country's population. According to this poll, we are looking at potentially 76 million whites that continue to share the views of white supremacists. These numbers equal approximately 1/5th of the American population at that time. It is safe to say these numbers have not reduced. In contrast, 0.0046% of Americans were murdered in 2017.
Whites wanting to preserve their heritage doesn't make them racist. Blacks want to preserve their African heritage, what is the difference? You are such a racist yourself. You don't just "point out white racism" like you say. You make up racism out of bullshit. there is NO PROOF or poll that shows 31% of whites are racist. Once again, you twist things and lie.

Moving on beyond the standard white racist infantility, let us resume the stone cold truth.

Blacks were supposed to have been given the right to vote by the fifteenth amendment.

The Fifteenth Amendment (Amendment XV) to the United States Constitution prohibits the federal government and each state from denying a citizen the right to vote based on that citizen's "race, color, or previous condition of servitude." It was ratified on February 3, 1870, as the third and last of the Reconstruction Amendments.

Fifteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

But alas, the constitution didn't matter to whites.

Minor v. Happersett, U.S. Supreme Court case in which the court ruled unanimously in 1874 that the right of suffrage was not protected by the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

In its decision the Supreme Court declared that the privileges and immunities of citizenship are not defined by the U.S. Constitution; thus, individual states’ enfranchisement of male citizens only was not necessarily a violation of the citizenship rights of women. This finding effectively put an end to attempts to win voting rights for women through court decree. Subsequent efforts in the woman suffrage movement in the United States focused on the revision of voting laws of individual states and on the ratification of a separate amendment to the Constitution.

Minor v. Happersett | law case

Now before the excuses start from the racists about how this only applied to women:

United States v. Reese, 92 U.S. 214 (1876), was a voting rights case in which the United States Supreme Court narrowly construed the 15th Amendment to the United States Constitution, which provides that suffrage for citizens can not be restricted due to race, color or the individual having previously been a slave.

This was the Supreme Court's first voting rights case under the Fifteenth Amendment and the Enforcement Act of 1870. A Kentucky electoral official had refused to register an African‐American's vote in a municipal election and was indicted under two sections of the 1871 act: section 1 required that administrative preliminaries to elections be conducted without regard to race, color, or previous condition of servitude; section 2 forbade wrongful refusal to register votes where a prerequisite step “required as foresaid” had been omitted.

The Court held that the Fifteenth Amendment did not confer the right of suffrage, but it prohibited exclusion from voting on racial grounds. The justices invalidated the operative section 3 of the Enforcement Act since it did not repeat the amendment's words about race, color, and servitude. They ruled that the section exceeded the scope of the Fifteenth Amendment. This ruling was the grounds for which the Ku Klux Klan was invented, as it provided white southerners with legal reassurance.

United States v. Reese - Wikipedia

This was an 8-1 SCOTUS decision whereby the court decided that,"the 15th amendment did not guarantee the right to vote but it just prevented states from giving preference to one citizen over another on account of race or color." Chief Justice Morrison Waite, a REPUBLICAN, decided that the right to vote was decided by the states.
Blacks have the right to vote now. Women were denied too, but not anymore. Get over it.

I have not been a part of the reasons for black discontent. But as a youth...

You sure?

How many mornings so far did you awake and say, as you exited your home, "Even tho I live in America that is controlled by us Caucasoid people, I think just for today, I am going to denounce my White Privilege in every place I go to. Just for today I am going to see what it is like for negroid people, everyday, navigating through a country which shits on their Rights & citizenry at every chance ---since 1863 and especially since 1964!" .... I would say, none. As in, I bet it has been zero times you awake on a morning to say that as you went out into a White-controlled society each day.

Now if you do, say that, then also live it each day? Everytime you exit your home as you go out into the world??--like a Rochelle Dolezal or Steph Curry or Jesse Williams or Jennifer Hoshchilds?? Then yes, you are correct that you are not any part of the reason for black discontent.
I am not black and I can't be black or the caricature of black you suggest as Rochelle or Steph or the rest. All I can do is speak against racism in an effort to get rid of it. My intent is to bring black people into real equality, not put white people down. And there are plenty of black persons who do that already, better than you or I.

what rights do "black people" not have in the US?
I have asked him again and again. He either has no answer or starts on another rant to divert the subject.

Let us continue with the years after slavery and what it meant for blacks.

Thus far we see that whites went on a killing spree that can only be described as attempted ethnic cleansing. After that, the supreme court pretty much killed the 13th,14th, and 15th amendments by saying that issues of racial discrimination was not a federal concern. So let us move forward with more of the stone cold truth.

The Colfax Massacre (1873)

The Colfax Massacre occurred on April 13, 1873. The battle-turned-massacre took place in the small town of Colfax, Louisiana as a clash between blacks and whites. Three whites and an estimated 150 blacks died in the conflict.

The massacre took place against the backdrop of racial tensions following the hotly contested Louisiana governor’s race of 1872. While the Republicans narrowly won the contest and retained control of the state, white Democrats, angry over the defeat, vowed revenge. In Colfax Parish (county) as in other areas of the state, they organized a white militia to directly challenge the mostly black state militia under the control of the governor.

One incident however, touched off the Colfax massacre. On March 28, local white Democratic leaders called for armed supporters to help them take the Colfax Parish Courthouse from the black and white GOP officeholders on April 1. The Republicans responded by urging their mostly black supporters to defend them. Although nothing happened on April 1, the next day fighting erupted between the two groups.

On April 13, Easter Sunday, more than 300 armed white men, including members of white supremacist organizations such as the Knights of White Camellia and the Ku Klux Klan, attacked the Courthouse building. When the militia maneuvered a cannon to fire on the Courthouse, some of the sixty black defenders fled while others surrendered. When the leader of the attackers, James Hadnot, was accidentally shot by one of his own men, the white militia responded by shooting the black prisoners. Those who were wounded in the earlier battle, particularly black militia members, were singled out for execution The indiscriminate killing spread to African Americans who had not been at the courthouse and continued into the night.

All told, approximately 150 African Americans were killed, including 48 who were murdered after the battle. Only three whites were killed, and few were injured in the largely one-sided battle of Colfax.

The Colfax Massacre (1873) •

So what did the US government do to provide equal protection to newly freed blacks?

U.S. v. Cruikshank

March 27, 1876
The Cruikshank case arose from the 1873 Colfax Massacre, in which a group of armed whites killed more than a hundred African American men as a result of a political dispute. Three men convicted of violating the 1870 Enforcement Act – a law aimed primarily at curbing Ku Klux Klan violence that forbade conspiracies to deny the constitutional rights of any citizen – appealed on the grounds that their indictments were insufficient. When the case reached the Supreme Court, the Court sided with the defendants, holding that the rights they were alleged to have violated were not enforceable in this case. The First and Second Amendment rights to assembly and the bearing of arms were, according to the Court’s ruling, intended only to restrict the actions of the federal government and did not apply to the states or private citizens, and the Fourteenth Amendment rights to due process and equal protection applied only to state action and again, not to the actions of individuals.

https://www.fjc.gov/history/timeline/us-v-cruikshank

Once again Chief Justice Waite, a REPUBLICAN:

Chief Justice Morrison Waite overturned the convictions of the defendants, holding that the plaintiffs had to rely on state courts for protection. Waite ruled that neither the First Amendment nor the Second Amendment applied to the actions of state governments or to individuals. He further ruled that the Due Process Clause and the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment applied to the actions of state governments, but not to individuals. The decision left African Americans in the South at the mercy of increasingly hostile state governments dominated by white Democratic legislatures, and allowed groups such as the Ku Klux Klan to continue to use paramilitary force to suppress black voting.

United States v. Cruikshank - Wikipedia

You made a mistake....this says 1876.

I suspect you are not still butthurt over something that happened 150 years ago.

Are you ?

No there is no mistake. You still celebrate something that happened in 1776, hold men and their ideas as sacred who have been dead 200 years. So this review of how blacks have been treated from the end of slavery until this moment is going to be done.
Oh the irony!!!! LOL!!! Have you been burying your head in a sand dune? Blacks also celebrate 1776 (4th of July). They not only get off work like whites do, they have picnics, bbqs, and watch fireworks, just like whites do.

It's now time to look at the cold, hard, graphic reality of what racism by whites has entailed. The information used in this thread will come from the book, "White Rage," by Dr. Carol Anderson.

From the end of the Civil War to our combustible present, an acclaimed historian reframes the conversation about race, chronicling the powerful forces opposed to black progress in America.

Since 1865 and the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment, every time African Americans have made advances towards full participation in our democracy, white reaction has fueled a deliberate, relentless rollback of their gains. The end of the Civil War and Reconstruction was greeted with the Black Codes and Jim Crow; the Supreme Court’s landmark 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision was met with the shutting down of public schools throughout the South; the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965 triggered a coded response, the so-called Southern Strategy and the War on Drugs that disenfranchised millions of African Americans.

Starting with my next post, you will be shown in graphic detail the steps whites took to deprive blacks of equal rights and freedom after slavery ended up until our lifetimes. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. That's a fact and it's time people faced that fact.

White conservatives opposed to black progress in America – it’s important to acknowledge that fact; not ‘all whites.’

Oh HELL no... Where's your White rage White guilt absolution card buster????

But of course you're right.. Most of this historical recap and continuing rage is really political NOW -- isn't it?

Especially with the OP who just feasts on this stuff..

It's REALLY REALLY REALLY hard to have empathy with a guy who tells me to "shut up" constantly because I don't support his POLITICS... Although I TRULY support the causes that he does....

Politics are only part of this.

You have assumed things that are incorrect about me and you bring no logical solutions or opinion to this discussion. I am doing this in an attempt to close the age old racism based opinion of everybody had it just as tough as blacks but blacks are just too dumb to make it. I am also doing this to show how government created the problem therefore government is responsible for creating suitable solutions which is a belief you don't like because you live in a conservative delusion whereby you tell yourselves that the government has never done anything for you.
Stop blaming others, including the government, for your woes or anyone else's. The solution to most of the problems you whine about is stop whining, get off your ass and make something of yourself. But since you claim to be so successful, why are you whining in the first place? If you can be successful, why can't everyone else?

The usual suspects cannot deal with the truth.

What is a racially restricted covenant?
A covenant is a legally enforceable “contract” imposed in a deed upon the buyer of property. Owners who violate the terms of the covenant risk forfeiting the property. Most covenants “run with the land” and are legally enforceable on future buyers of the property.

Racially restrictive covenants refer to contractual agreements that prohibit the purchase, lease, or occupation of a piece of property by a particular group of people, usually African Americans. Racially restrictive covenants were not only mutual agreements between property owners in a neighborhood not to sell to certain people, but were also agreements enforced through the cooperation of real estate boards and neighborhood associations. Racially restrictive covenants became common after 1926 after the U.S. Supreme Court decision, Corrigan v. Buckley, which validated their use.

How did racial covenants originate?
The practice of private, racially restrictive covenants evolved as a reaction to the Great Migration of Southern blacks and in response to the 1917 Court ruling (see Buchanan v. Warley) which declared municipally mandated racial zoning unconstitutional. Buchanan dealt only with legal statutes, thus leaving the door open for private agreements, such as restrictive covenants, to continue to perpetuate residential segregation.

A typical covenant included the following:

“…hereafter no part of said property or any portion thereof shall be…occupied by ay person not of the Caucasian race, it being intended hereby to restrict the use of said property…against occupancy as owners or tenants of any portion of said property for resident or other purposes by people of the Negro or Mongolian race.”
The practice of using racial covenants became so socially acceptable that in “1937 a leading magazine of nationwide circulation awarded 10 communities a ‘shield of honor’ for an umbrella of restrictions against the ‘wrong kind of people’.1 The practice was so widespread that by 1940, 80% of property in Chicago and Los Angeles carried restrictive covenants barring black families.2

1. “Understanding Fair Housing,” U.S. Commission on Civil Rights Clearinghouse Publication 42, February 1973

Corrigan v. Buckley, 271 U.S. 323 (1926), was a U.S. Supreme Court case in 1926 that ruled that the racially restrictive covenant of multiple residents on S Street NW, between 18th Street and New Hampshire Avenue in Washington, D.C., was a legally binding document which made the selling of a house to a black family a void contract.[1] This ruling set the precedent upholding racially restrictive covenants in Washington; soon after this ruling, racially restrictive covenants flourished around the nation.

This is America AFTER slavery. And these covenants are still in effect in some places right now.

The stone cold truth is hard for racists to accept. But that is what they will do.

These two definitions must be understood for there to be a discussion on race.

De facto segregation. noun. racial, ethnic, or other segregation resulting from societal differences between groups, as socioeconomic or political disparity, without institutionalized legislation intended to segregate.

De jure segregation 1: racial, ethnic, or other segregation resulting from racially-motivated public policy.

The problems that plague black people are not the result of happenstance whereby blacks just couldn’t get things right.

What is a racially restricted covenant?
A covenant is a legally enforceable “contract” imposed in a deed upon the buyer of property. Owners who violate the terms of the covenant risk forfeiting the property. Most covenants “run with the land” and are legally enforceable on future buyers of the property.

Racially restrictive covenants refer to contractual agreements that prohibit the purchase, lease, or occupation of a piece of property by a particular group of people, usually African Americans. Racially restrictive covenants were not only mutual agreements between property owners in a neighborhood not to sell to certain people, but were also agreements enforced through the cooperation of real estate boards and neighborhood associations. Racially restrictive covenants became common after 1926 after the U.S. Supreme Court decision, Corrigan v. Buckley, which validated their use.

How did racial covenants originate?
The practice of private, racially restrictive covenants evolved as a reaction to the Great Migration of Southern blacks and in response to the 1917 Court ruling (see Buchanan v. Warley) which declared municipally mandated racial zoning unconstitutional. Buchanan dealt only with legal statutes, thus leaving the door open for private agreements, such as restrictive covenants, to continue to perpetuate residential segregation.

A typical covenant included the following:

“…hereafter no part of said property or any portion thereof shall be…occupied by ay person not of the Caucasian race, it being intended hereby to restrict the use of said property…against occupancy as owners or tenants of any portion of said property for resident or other purposes by people of the Negro or Mongolian race.”
The practice of using racial covenants became so socially acceptable that in “1937 a leading magazine of nationwide circulation awarded 10 communities a ‘shield of honor’ for an umbrella of restrictions against the ‘wrong kind of people’.1 The practice was so widespread that by 1940, 80% of property in Chicago and Los Angeles carried restrictive covenants barring black families.2

1. “Understanding Fair Housing,” U.S. Commission on Civil Rights Clearinghouse Publication 42, February 1973

Corrigan v. Buckley, 271 U.S. 323 (1926), was a U.S. Supreme Court case in 1926 that ruled that the racially restrictive covenant of multiple residents on S Street NW, between 18th Street and New Hampshire Avenue in Washington, D.C., was a legally binding document which made the selling of a house to a black family a void contract.[1] This ruling set the precedent upholding racially restrictive covenants in Washington; soon after this ruling, racially restrictive covenants flourished around the nation.

This is America AFTER slavery. And these covenants are still in effect in some places right now.

The stone cold truth is hard for racists to accept. But that is what they will do.

1. I've never denied that American of 1926 had serious and legally backed anti-black racist discrimination institutionalized and practiced. I think in all my years on this site, I might have seen ONE poster claim something like that.

2. Show me one place in America, where such anti-black covenants are still legally enforced, today, as you claim.

3. Why so wordy? You could have made that point is like two, or three sentences.

I am going to take a time out from posting about how whites have continued to work since slavery to deny blacks of complete equality for a short time. But the Stone Cold Truth will bow address another issue- WHITE CRIME.

Seems that we have some whites around here who just don't seem to understand their racial record on violence and crime. No other race in this country has attempted genocide and ethnic cleansing on other groups of people in America but whites. That is a historical fact and for whites to talk this bullshit about everybody elses violence and murder is an example of both psychosis and amnesia.

America Has a Long Tradition of Racist Mob Violence
Charlottesville was just one in a long line of incidents of large-scale, organized white terrorism.

The Civil Rights movement made outright, avowed beliefs in white supremacy socially unacceptable. But racist mob violence has a long and robust history in the U.S., both before the 1960s and after. It forms a part of America’s political sediment, a foundation upon which our contemporary politics are built. Understanding what happened in Charlottesville requires that we contextualize the Unite the Right rally in a genealogy of post-Civil War racist violence intended to intimidate anyone who challenges white supremacy’s logic.

wasnt the last potus a half black guy?
Yeah, but not American black. Commie white and African Muslim black he was.

I wanted the black American, but he got falsely accused of some things and they probably threatened his grandkids or something.

He would have made a good president at that time. 10x better than Obama or Romney.
He was clearly the best choice.
Who am I talking about IM2?
Do you know? Would you have voted for him?

If all blacks are like you, no wonder no one wants to be around their sorry asses.

I am going to take a time out from posting about how whites have continued to work since slavery to deny blacks of complete equality for a short time.

I am shocked. I understand how hard that is for you.

But the Stone Cold Truth will bow address another issue- WHITE CRIME.

Seems that we have some whites around here who just don't seem to understand their racial record on violence and crime. No other race in this country has attempted genocide and ethnic cleansing on other groups of people in America but whites. That is a historical fact and for whites to talk this bullshit about everybody elses violence and murder is an example of both psychosis and amnesia.

Cute the way you limit the discussion to a place and time where whites were completely dominate.

If I was a lib, I would pretend to be too stupid to understand what you said, and make a response pointing out how Indian Tribes and nations did such shit to each other all the time.

And then, when you pointed out that I was being stupid in not understanding your clear and simple words,

I would act like you were being an asshole for that, and accuse you of being an Evul Wacist, for ignoring brown people history and shit like that.

AND, a chorus of slack jawed retards would join in, calling you an Evul Wacist, and why are you getting so mad, what is wrong with you?

For starters.

Im2 is right.

But the thing is black degradation is essential in a system of white supremacy.

White ppl measure their own worth by how badly black ppl are doing.

Harming black ppl is what whites love. Or more to the point, harming innocent black ppl, that's how you REALLY flex your muscles in white society.

Criminal black ppl are too easy. But killing a Tamir Rice ? Trayvon ? Mike Brown?

That's the best thing ever. This is why whites love the police bcoz they harm black ppl.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Correll said
"Cute the way you limit the discussion to a place and time where whites were completely dominate"

They still are.

And by the way. You need to look bk at Gallup polls from the era IM2 is talking about.

Whites thought blk ppl were just as likely to have a job, go to a good school like whites. They thought MLK was a trouble maker and didnt understand the civil rights movement or thought it had gone too far.

Whites have always denied racism, or shifted the blame onto blk ppl "blks r no good"

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back