The Stone Cold Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last, there is no confusing economic disparity with racial bias because economic disparity in non white communities is a result of racial bias.

That's funny.... See what ya did there?? Ya think there's not a ton more of predominantly WHITE poor communities and people getting the same shitty treatment from their justice system? In a mixed race trailer park, people largely have much the SAME issues with the law dude...

I am also doing this to show how government created the problem therefore government is responsible for creating suitable solutions which is a belief you don't like because you live in a conservative delusion whereby you tell yourselves that the government has never done anything for you.

Get off my cloud.. I've written articles about GOVERNMENT racism.. I've even had convos with YOU about the fact that a lot of racial tension is STILL CAUSED by inept, uncompassionate, MORONIC govt and the piss poor "customer service" they use at local, state, federal levels..

THAT'S my bandwagon.. And you think I'm working AGAINST YOU.... The very BASIS of disparate statistics on arrests, convictions, and warrants STEM from the fact that govt STILL does "one size fits all" justice at the town and city levels... And that's not SOLELY a racial issue unless you're a partisan whore that purposely CONFUSES economic disparity with racial bias..

In fact, the pitches I've made are making a difference. Justice reform is gaining traction.. It's just getting RUINED by leftist govt leaders who confuse fairness with totally decriminalizing shoplifting and speeding tickets... THAT'S POLITICAL PANDERING -- not actually getting govt to redesign the justice interface that the economically vulnerable fall prey to DAILY....

You'd THINK that to avoid getting warrants to arrest people who didn't pay the ticket for a broken tail light -- they MIGHT

1) Allow payment plans for those who qualify...

2) Allow zoning and licensing waivers for "convenience shops" that can REPAIR a broken taillight or other car safety issues using parts donated from Auto supply companies and volunteer labor...

THOSE kind of solutions... Instead, the city of Ferguson issued an average of 3.5 WARRANTS for every fucking household... With almost half of those INACCURATE OR BOGUS... And no way for person on the ledge of economic collapse to get the warrant changed or withdrawn without days off and a lot of wasted time...

More than 1/2 of "racial bias" identified in the "Ferguson Report" from the DOJ would disappear IMMEDIATELY if the town had a smarter more compassionate "customer service" and justice interface....

And this is what I am talking about when I said:

"The government is the people who formulate and carry out policy. The government by law must enact race neutral policy. But the people carrying out the policy can use race colored thinking in service delivery."

The 94 Crime Bill was in no way race neutral.. That's a fantasy.. It came simultaneously with minimum sentencing and disparities in drug crimes and a shitload of other defects...

But I guess you're STUMPED at how "people carrying out the policy" in Philly or Baltimore are STILL RACIST and predominantly black... Aren't you???

Yeah, those Democrats were real bastards, eh?
As a white person, I sometimes resent accusations of white rage because I have not been a part of the reasons for black discontent. But as a youth I 'went along' feeling helpless to change the current system. Then I read "Black Like Me" and realization of black reality crept in. Back in the 60's the intent of all those 'unraged whites' who fought things like school segregation and voter suppression was so clear, as several lost a lot, even lives, to fight for America's promise to ALL citizens.

But lack of following action created an anger that formed itself into gangs like the ones in LA and Chicago that forgot the dignity of those black protesters of the 60's who faced disgrace with class, and now everything is all messed up. Blacks had the gall to 'rage' back! And now both sides are equally guilty of disgusting and murderous actions. I can't sort it out anymore.

Except there has been TONS of "follow on actions", ranging from massive social programs and government oversight, to massive spending, to massive and widespread discrimination in favor of blacks.

So, that "rage" is bullshit, and the rejection of it, is totally called for.

And sometimes those actions actually did more damage than good, I think. The idea of putting black families into large "towers" projects might have been one of the worst mistakes ever even though it may have been well intended. I think a lot of it was ignorance to how it would affect society and they actually sped up poverty and dysfunction in neighborhoods. They also slowed down and set back integration of whites and blacks and probably reinforced stereotypes.

It's now time to look at the cold, hard, graphic reality of what racism by whites has entailed. The information used in this thread will come from the book, "White Rage," by Dr. Carol Anderson.

White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide
National Book Critics Circle Award Winner
New York Times Bestseller
A New York Times Notable Book of the Year
A Washington Post Notable Nonfiction Book of the Year
A Boston Globe Best Book of 2016
A Chicago Review of Books Best Nonfiction Book of 2016

From the end of the Civil War to our combustible present, an acclaimed historian reframes the conversation about race, chronicling the powerful forces opposed to black progress in America.

Since 1865 and the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment, every time African Americans have made advances towards full participation in our democracy, white reaction has fueled a deliberate, relentless rollback of their gains. The end of the Civil War and Reconstruction was greeted with the Black Codes and Jim Crow; the Supreme Court’s landmark 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision was met with the shutting down of public schools throughout the South; the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965 triggered a coded response, the so-called Southern Strategy and the War on Drugs that disenfranchised millions of African Americans.

White Rage — Carol Anderson

Starting with my next post, you will be shown in graphic detail the steps whites took to deprive blacks of equal rights and freedom after slavery ended up until our lifetimes. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. That's a fact and it's time people faced that fact.

973202258-tumblr_nkamg2vYZC1tfx1mao1_1280.jpg

I know you don't agree that advances for black people in America have been great and that you don't agree whites have opposed slavery and racism and thought that black people should have better lives but I would dissagree. There have been setbacks of course, part of which comes down to the fact that we had a civil war which dissrupted U.S. society as a whole... in a huge way. most of the other countries which shook off slavery did not go through such a war... yet, today wherever you look this is a time of great opportunity for African Americans in America to be whatever they want to be in life. How did we get there? It got there for many reasons. Struggle but also the fact that on the ground level people have been rejecting racism.

We gotta live with this shit, it's totally woven into the fabric of society.
More important is to level the field, so EVERYONE has the same opportunities.
Bernie Sanders, an 'old white guy', is the man who can get this happening.

Last, there is no confusing economic disparity with racial bias because economic disparity in non white communities is a result of racial bias.

That's funny.... See what ya did there?? Ya think there's not a ton more of predominantly WHITE poor communities and people getting the same shitty treatment from their justice system? In a mixed race trailer park, people largely have much the SAME issues with the law dude...

No they don't. Again you want to ignore race as a factor when it is a major factor. In that same mixed race trailer park whites will call the police on black residents for things they don't on whites. If race didn't play a role in economic disparity the average white family would not have 15 times the wealth. Numerous studies show there is such a correlation.

“It will end up costing the U.S. economy as much as $1 trillion between now and 2028 for the nation to maintain its longstanding black-white racial wealth gap, according to a report released this month from the global consultancy firm McKinsey & Company. That will be roughly 4 percent of the United States GDP in 2028—just the conservative view, assuming that the wealth growth rates of African Americans will outpace white wealth growth at its current clip of 3 percent to .8 percent annually, said McKinsey. If the gap widens, however, with white wealth growing at a faster rate than black wealth instead, it could end up costing the U.S. $1.5 trillion or 6 percent of GDP according to the firm.”

You might want to read this report.

It's now time to look at the cold, hard, graphic reality of what racism by whites has entailed. The information used in this thread will come from the book, "White Rage," by Dr. Carol Anderson.

From the end of the Civil War to our combustible present, an acclaimed historian reframes the conversation about race, chronicling the powerful forces opposed to black progress in America.

Since 1865 and the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment, every time African Americans have made advances towards full participation in our democracy, white reaction has fueled a deliberate, relentless rollback of their gains. The end of the Civil War and Reconstruction was greeted with the Black Codes and Jim Crow; the Supreme Court’s landmark 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision was met with the shutting down of public schools throughout the South; the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965 triggered a coded response, the so-called Southern Strategy and the War on Drugs that disenfranchised millions of African Americans.

Starting with my next post, you will be shown in graphic detail the steps whites took to deprive blacks of equal rights and freedom after slavery ended up until our lifetimes. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. That's a fact and it's time people faced that fact.

I know you don't agree that advances for black people in America have been great and that you don't agree whites have opposed slavery and racism and thought that black people should have better lives but I would dissagree. There have been setbacks of course, part of which comes down to the fact that we had a civil war which dissrupted U.S. society as a whole... in a huge way. most of the other countries which shook off slavery did not go through such a war... yet, today wherever you look this is a time of great opportunity for African Americans in America to be whatever they want to be in life. How did we get there? It got there for many reasons. Struggle but also the fact that on the ground level people have been rejecting racism.

What I don't agree with is this attitude that somehow I am to be satisfied with an undone job. These opportunities do not exist at the level you claim. This is what blacks here are telling you. Today is the time for whites to start listening instead of always trying to instruct us on how times are for black people.

I am also doing this to show how government created the problem therefore government is responsible for creating suitable solutions which is a belief you don't like because you live in a conservative delusion whereby you tell yourselves that the government has never done anything for you.

Get off my cloud.. I've written articles about GOVERNMENT racism.. I've even had convos with YOU about the fact that a lot of racial tension is STILL CAUSED by inept, uncompassionate, MORONIC govt and the piss poor "customer service" they use at local, state, federal levels..

THAT'S my bandwagon.. And you think I'm working AGAINST YOU.... The very BASIS of disparate statistics on arrests, convictions, and warrants STEM from the fact that govt STILL does "one size fits all" justice at the town and city levels... And that's not SOLELY a racial issue unless you're a partisan whore that purposely CONFUSES economic disparity with racial bias..

In fact, the pitches I've made are making a difference. Justice reform is gaining traction.. It's just getting RUINED by leftist govt leaders who confuse fairness with totally decriminalizing shoplifting and speeding tickets... THAT'S POLITICAL PANDERING -- not actually getting govt to redesign the justice interface that the economically vulnerable fall prey to DAILY....

You'd THINK that to avoid getting warrants to arrest people who didn't pay the ticket for a broken tail light -- they MIGHT

1) Allow payment plans for those who qualify...

2) Allow zoning and licensing waivers for "convenience shops" that can REPAIR a broken taillight or other car safety issues using parts donated from Auto supply companies and volunteer labor...

THOSE kind of solutions... Instead, the city of Ferguson issued an average of 3.5 WARRANTS for every fucking household... With almost half of those INACCURATE OR BOGUS... And no way for person on the ledge of economic collapse to get the warrant changed or withdrawn without days off and a lot of wasted time...

More than 1/2 of "racial bias" identified in the "Ferguson Report" from the DOJ would disappear IMMEDIATELY if the town had a smarter more compassionate "customer service" and justice interface....

And this is what I am talking about when I said:

"The government is the people who formulate and carry out policy. The government by law must enact race neutral policy. But the people carrying out the policy can use race colored thinking in service delivery."

The 94 Crime Bill was in no way race neutral.. That's a fantasy.. It came simultaneously with minimum sentencing and disparities in drug crimes and a shitload of other defects...

But I guess you're STUMPED at how "people carrying out the policy" in Philly or Baltimore are STILL RACIST and predominantly black... Aren't you???

What I am stumped about is your attempt to name two cities when all over the country the majority of the towns and cities are majority white and were carrying out these policies in a much more extreme manner.

Those damn WOKE dude's got rid of all the minorities running for president this year.
I believe the way you hate is because your Visceral Fat is above 17 which is way to high.

Anecdotally, I live in a dualopoly on the skibunny superhighway , we're a two class system of poor white trash making a living off ultra $$$ tourists

That's our entire economy, so everything follows suit

And a few black billionaires @ the top would tank that report
disparity has little to do with race, and everything to do with greed
you might want to watch this>>>

~S~

Anecdotally, I live in a dualopoly on the skibunny superhighway , we're a two class system of poor white trash making a living off ultra $$$ tourists

~S~

No sparky that's not the case since the few black billionaires are included in the study. I won't be watching any videos that deny the impact racism has on wealth. Blacks have 2.6 percent of the wealth In this country despite being 13 percent of the population and that includes the four black billionaires that you think somehow disproves the fact that race plays a huge role in wealth inequality.

America’s Black Billionaires: The Richest African Americans in 2019 - Black Enterprise

1 in 7 white families are now millionaires. For black families, it’s 1 in 50.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ikely-to-be-millionaires-as-a-generation-ago/

~S~

No sparky that's not the case since the few black billionaires are included in the study. I won't be watching any videos that deny the impact racism has on wealth. Blacks have 2.6 percent of the wealth In this country despite being 13 percent of the population and that includes the four black billionaires that you think somehow disproves the fact that race plays a huge role in wealth inequality.

America’s Black Billionaires: The Richest African Americans in 2019 - Black Enterprise

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ikely-to-be-millionaires-as-a-generation-ago/

Methinks you're missing my , as well as others point IM2

Racial stats are all fine & well, yet the underlying motivator of racism is classism

Two distinctions you see, one often being used to mask the other's presence

Even MLK realized this, toward the end of his reign....

Remembering Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Solution to Poverty

~S~

~S~

Methinks you're missing my , as well as others point IM2

Racial stats are all fine & well, yet the underlying motivator of racism is classism

Two distinctions you see, one often being used to mask the other's presence

Even MLK realized this, toward the end of his reign....

Remembering Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Solution to Poverty

~S~

Please stop trying to tell me how King didn't think race was a factor in anything. Because race factored into his being murdered by a white man. I am missing no points, racism happens to blacks regardless of class. The wealth inequality that exists between whites and blacks are a result of racism.

Please stop trying to tell me how King didn't think race was a factor in anything.

I don't feel the need to address what i didn't say here IM2

however....

what i did say is MLK realized what the root of racism was

~S~

Please stop trying to tell me how King didn't think race was a factor in anything.

I don't feel the need to address what i didn't say here IM2

however....

what i did say is MLK realized what the root of racism was

~S~

You guys need to start understanding how things are different for blacks and whites. Racism created poor blacks, the blacks who did not object to racism were raised above other blacks and still are today. Martin Luther King did not name class as one of the three evils of American society. Certainly he recognized class but he didn't downplay racism by saying it was rooted in class. Rich blacks, famous blacks, the president was black 3 years ago and he faced racism. So racism is not rooted in class.

You guys need to start understanding how things are different for blacks and whites. Racism created poor blacks, the blacks who did not object to racism were raised above other blacks and still are today

Well you're free to 'splain it to us IM2

For starters, despite all my white privilege ......how is it i worked all my life ,almost 1/2 century now....., some weeks 7 days , and am still living so far below the poverty line i qualify for every hand out available?

You've the floor sir.....

~S~

So once again we see the infestation of white supremacists who are allowed to freely post off topic bullshit, troll thread after thread with no deletions, admonishment or penalty.

That's right!! How dare those white supremacists be allowed to login then infest threads with their trolling.

They should cease that nonsense! And become more like us negro-embracing Caucasoids on USM who like to post, on topic, just like how I did in this thread here. When my earlier post here did exactly address the OP words and the threadstarter's emo-badge here:

... "White Rage," by Dr. Carol Anderson.

...chronicling the powerful forces opposed to black progress in America.
... every time African Americans have made advances towards full participation in our democracy, white reaction has fueled a deliberate, relentless rollback of their gains..

You guys need to start understanding how things are different for blacks and whites. Racism created poor blacks, the blacks who did not object to racism were raised above other blacks and still are today

For starters, despite all my white privilege ......how is it i worked all my life ,almost 1/2 century now....., some weeks 7 days , and am still living so far below the poverty line i qualify for every hand out available?

~S~
Sine white privilege has nothing to do with class or income... You want to discount racism and you are able to do that because you don't face it. White privilege is a term created by white people. So every time you try dissing it with snark, I have to laugh.

White privilege is an institutional (rather than personal) set of benefits granted to those of us who, by race, resemble the people who dominate the powerful positions in our institutions. One of the primary privileges is that of having greater access to power and resources than people of color do; in other words, purely on the basis of our skin color doors are open to us that are not open to other people.

Francis E. Kendall, Ph.D.

~S~

He not only doesn't care about your plight, he wants to actively make it worse, to serve his political agenda.

YOu are white. You are the "oppressor", and he believes it is right and proper to fuck you over, to benefit his people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back