The Stone Cold Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, those Democrats were real bastards, eh?
As a white person, I sometimes resent accusations of white rage because I have not been a part of the reasons for black discontent. But as a youth I 'went along' feeling helpless to change the current system. Then I read "Black Like Me" and realization of black reality crept in. Back in the 60's the intent of all those 'unraged whites' who fought things like school segregation and voter suppression was so clear, as several lost a lot, even lives, to fight for America's promise to ALL citizens.

But lack of following action created an anger that formed itself into gangs like the ones in LA and Chicago that forgot the dignity of those black protesters of the 60's who faced disgrace with class, and now everything is all messed up. Blacks had the gall to 'rage' back! And now both sides are equally guilty of disgusting and murderous actions. I can't sort it out anymore.

I vehemently disagree with you. I don’t think the gang life you referred to was caused by lack action. I believe it was caused by the action of most of the black leadership since MLK.

MLK did the heavy lifting. He advanced the black American’s cause immensely. Unfortunately the ensuing black leaders had a different agenda. People like Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, Farrakhan, etc created a victim hood mentality among blacks, especially young blacks. They have convinced many of them (like the OP, IM2) that they are victims who cannot succeed without government assistance. So rather than work to succeed, they ask for, and often times insist on, a special path for blacks only. All the while the black American life is not enhanced, but those leaders sure do get wealthy by trading on black vicrimhood.

This is my OPINION (so it is neither "right" nor "wrong").

1. In 2020, very few Americans of any ethnicity feel any sort of "racism" (i.e., "dislike") toward the ethnicity under consideration.

2. But it is accurate to say that some (of course, I do not know the percentage) of Americans have a sense of fear when interacting with the ethnicity under consideration.

3. Cutting to the chase, I cite the (in)famous statement in 1993 of the Rev. Jesse Jackson:

"To walk down the street and hear footsteps … then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved."
Actually it is wrong. But this thread is about all the things that have been done to blacks by whites that has hampered our progress. At least 31 percent of white Americans today hold racist views according to a IPSOS Poll for Thomson Reuters and the University of Virginia Center for Politics, that was conducted online from Aug. 21 to Sept. 5, 2017.

“Thirty-one percent of Americans polled strongly or somewhat agreed that ‘America must protect and preserve its White European heritage.”

White people are the majority of the U.S. population, totaling about 245,532,000 or 77.7% of the population as of 2017. Non-Hispanic whites are 62.6% of the country's population. According to this poll, we are looking at potentially 76 million whites that continue to share the views of white supremacists. These numbers equal approximately 1/5th of the American population at that time. It is safe to say these numbers have not reduced. In contrast, 0.0046% of Americans were murdered in 2017.

IM2 tries tyou lieo present himself as a black activist, yet he constantly sucks jackass party of slavery and Jim Crow dick. Just slurps up every drop.
Lol! Republicans owned slaves and republicans enforced Jim Crow. Just like the democrats.

It was a 7-1 decision that created Jim Crow. Four of the supreme court judges voting in favor of separate but equal were republicans.
You lie!

Go bend over and let the jackass party of slavery and Jim Crow fuck you hard up the ass some more, you stupid bitch.

You are by far the stupidest USMB member.
The truth is hard for you, but you're going to learn it.
You are so full of crap, IM. You are your own worst enemy.
Nah, you just can't handle the truth.

them whites are just plain EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whites aren’t evil, nor are blacks, browns, red, etc.
Do all colors, including white have some evil? Yes, but your blanket crap is just that crap.
So is IM’s.
I have nothing to do with a blanket. I am specifically talking about whites who are racist.

Lol! Republicans owned slaves and republicans enforced Jim Crow. Just like the democrats.

It was a 7-1 decision that created Jim Crow. Four of the supreme court judges voting in favor of separate but equal were republicans.
You do realize that 1 happened to be a Republican, right?
The vote was 7-1. 4 republicans voted for it. If todays republicans were on that court it would have been 8-0. Blacks with intelligence are not falling for this.
There was no supreme court decision that created Jim Crow.

Democrat politicians created Jim Crow laws and Republicans smacked them down.
Plessy vs. Ferguson created Jim Crow. 4 republicans voted for it.
One didn’t. All 3 Dems also voted for it.
So 4 republicans voted for it and 3 democrats voted for it. And until 1965 both republicans and democrats enforced it.

As a white person, I sometimes resent accusations of white rage because I have not been a part of the reasons for black discontent. But as a youth I 'went along' feeling helpless to change the current system. Then I read "Black Like Me" and realization of black reality crept in. Back in the 60's the intent of all those 'unraged whites' who fought things like school segregation and voter suppression was so clear, as several lost a lot, even lives, to fight for America's promise to ALL citizens.

But lack of following action created an anger that formed itself into gangs like the ones in LA and Chicago that forgot the dignity of those black protesters of the 60's who faced disgrace with class, and now everything is all messed up. Blacks had the gall to 'rage' back! And now both sides are equally guilty of disgusting and murderous actions. I can't sort it out anymore.

I vehemently disagree with you. I don’t think the gang life you referred to was caused by lack action. I believe it was caused by the action of most of the black leadership since MLK.

MLK did the heavy lifting. He advanced the black American’s cause immensely. Unfortunately the ensuing black leaders had a different agenda. People like Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, Farrakhan, etc created a victim hood mentality among blacks, especially young blacks. They have convinced many of them (like the OP, IM2) that they are victims who cannot succeed without government assistance. So rather than work to succeed, they ask for, and often times insist on, a special path for blacks only. All the while the black American life is not enhanced, but those leaders sure do get wealthy by trading on black vicrimhood.

Funny how whites like you get everything wrong. Whites have always depended on government and blacks have always stressed self reliance. You're about to be shown just how much whites have depended on government.

It's now time to look at the cold, hard, graphic reality of what racism by whites has entailed. The information used in this thread will come from the book, "White Rage," by Dr. Carol Anderson.

White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide
National Book Critics Circle Award Winner
New York Times Bestseller
A New York Times Notable Book of the Year
A Washington Post Notable Nonfiction Book of the Year
A Boston Globe Best Book of 2016
A Chicago Review of Books Best Nonfiction Book of 2016

From the end of the Civil War to our combustible present, an acclaimed historian reframes the conversation about race, chronicling the powerful forces opposed to black progress in America.

Since 1865 and the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment, every time African Americans have made advances towards full participation in our democracy, white reaction has fueled a deliberate, relentless rollback of their gains. The end of the Civil War and Reconstruction was greeted with the Black Codes and Jim Crow; the Supreme Court’s landmark 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision was met with the shutting down of public schools throughout the South; the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965 triggered a coded response, the so-called Southern Strategy and the War on Drugs that disenfranchised millions of African Americans.

White Rage — Carol Anderson

Starting with my next post, you will be shown in graphic detail the steps whites took to deprive blacks of equal rights and freedom after slavery ended up until our lifetimes. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. That's a fact and it's time people faced that fact.

973202258-tumblr_nkamg2vYZC1tfx1mao1_1280.jpg
White conservatives opposed to black progress in America – it’s important to acknowledge that fact; not ‘all whites.’
Please stop that not all whites stuff because the rights blacks were denied all whites got. There were white liberals that were a part of this also. But as things stand today, white liberals stand with us against racism.

THEY ONLY WANT YOUR VOTE.

It's now time to look at the cold, hard, graphic reality of what racism by whites has entailed. The information used in this thread will come from the book, "White Rage," by Dr. Carol Anderson.

From the end of the Civil War to our combustible present, an acclaimed historian reframes the conversation about race, chronicling the powerful forces opposed to black progress in America.

Since 1865 and the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment, every time African Americans have made advances towards full participation in our democracy, white reaction has fueled a deliberate, relentless rollback of their gains. The end of the Civil War and Reconstruction was greeted with the Black Codes and Jim Crow; the Supreme Court’s landmark 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision was met with the shutting down of public schools throughout the South; the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965 triggered a coded response, the so-called Southern Strategy and the War on Drugs that disenfranchised millions of African Americans.

Starting with my next post, you will be shown in graphic detail the steps whites took to deprive blacks of equal rights and freedom after slavery ended up until our lifetimes. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. That's a fact and it's time people faced that fact.

White conservatives opposed to black progress in America – it’s important to acknowledge that fact; not ‘all whites.’
Please stop that not all whites stuff because the rights blacks were denied all whites got. There were white liberals that were a part of this also. But as things stand today, white liberals stand with us against racism.

THEY ONLY WANT YOUR VOTE.

That's more than republicans want.

Whites have always depended on government and blacks have always stressed self reliance.
Wow, IM2! I hadn't thought about it before, but you are right about whites being the folks depending on government. Over the years our government complied with every Jim Crow law and color barrier most of their voters wanted. And efforts to rectify that by government have been bitterly slandered. I have to do some re-thinking...for whatever THAT'S worth

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
We started at the end of slavery. After slavery ended whites went on a killing spree in an attempt at ethnic cleansing in the south. But that was not all.

The Slaughter-House Cases, 83 U.S. (16 Wall.) 36 (1873), was a U.S. Supreme Court decision that held that the Privileges or Immunities Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution only protects the legal rights that are associated with federal citizenship, not those that pertain to state citizenship. The decision consolidated two similar cases.

Seeking to improve sanitary conditions, the Louisiana legislature and the city of New Orleans had established a corporation charged with regulating the slaughterhouse industry. Members of the Butchers' Benevolent Association challenged the constitutionality of the corporation, claiming that it violated the Fourteenth Amendment. That amendment had been ratified in the aftermath of the American Civil War with the primary intention of protecting civil rights of millions of newly emancipated freedmen in the Southern United States, but the butchers argued that the amendment protected their right to "sustain their lives through labor."

In the majority opinion written by Associate Justice Samuel Freeman Miller, the Court held to a narrower interpretation of the Fourteenth Amendment than the plaintiffs urged, ruling that it did not restrict the police powers exercised by Louisiana because the Privileges or Immunities Clause protected only those rights guaranteed by the United States, not individual states. In effect, the clause was interpreted to convey limited protection pertinent to a small minority of rights, such as the right to seek federal office.

In a dissenting opinion, Associate Justice Stephen J. Field wrote that Miller's opinion effectively rendered the Fourteenth Amendment a "vain and idle enactment." Though the decision in the Slaughter-House Cases minimized the impact of the Privileges or Immunities Clause on state law, the Supreme Court would later strike down state laws on the basis of other clauses in the Fourteenth Amendment, including the Due Process Clause and the Equal Protection Clause.

Slaughter-House Cases - Wikipedia

Basically this was the beginning of states rights. States rights allowed whites to nullify or ignore federal laws such as the 13th and 14th amendments.

I have not been a part of the reasons for black discontent. But as a youth...

You sure?

How many mornings so far did you awake and say, as you exited your home, "Even tho I live in America that is controlled by us Caucasoid people, I think just for today, I am going to denounce my White Privilege in every place I go to. Just for today I am going to see what it is like for negroid people, everyday, navigating through a country which shits on their Rights & citizenry at every chance ---since 1863 and especially since 1964!" .... I would say, none. As in, I bet it has been zero times you awake on a morning to say that as you went out into a White-controlled society each day.

Now if you do, say that, then also live it each day? Everytime you exit your home as you go out into the world??--like a Rochelle Dolezal or Steph Curry or Jesse Williams or Jennifer Hoshchilds?? Then yes, you are correct that you are not any part of the reason for black discontent.

Stopped reading One Note Samba boys OP at the first "racism"

You are not even human.

Except there has been TONS of "follow on actions", ranging from massive social programs and government oversight,
You are right, Correll. To some, there is no such thing as 'enough', and at the same time, every one of the programs you cite are begrudged by folks like you and me who are weary of being blamed for things we didn't do. Conundrum
You are being blamed not only for continuing doing the same shit, but that you live off the interest from the things that were done.

There have not been tons of follow on actions. You're getting ready to learn this.

Learn what...you are a tired bitter piece of racist shit.

Nah. I'm a black man telling truth that whites like you don't have the maturity to deal with.

Moving on beyond the standard white racist infantility, let us resume the stone cold truth.

Blacks were supposed to have been given the right to vote by the fifteenth amendment.

The Fifteenth Amendment (Amendment XV) to the United States Constitution prohibits the federal government and each state from denying a citizen the right to vote based on that citizen's "race, color, or previous condition of servitude." It was ratified on February 3, 1870, as the third and last of the Reconstruction Amendments.

Fifteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

But alas, the constitution didn't matter to whites.

Minor v. Happersett, U.S. Supreme Court case in which the court ruled unanimously in 1874 that the right of suffrage was not protected by the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

In its decision the Supreme Court declared that the privileges and immunities of citizenship are not defined by the U.S. Constitution; thus, individual states’ enfranchisement of male citizens only was not necessarily a violation of the citizenship rights of women. This finding effectively put an end to attempts to win voting rights for women through court decree. Subsequent efforts in the woman suffrage movement in the United States focused on the revision of voting laws of individual states and on the ratification of a separate amendment to the Constitution.

Minor v. Happersett | law case

Now before the excuses start from the racists about how this only applied to women:

United States v. Reese, 92 U.S. 214 (1876), was a voting rights case in which the United States Supreme Court narrowly construed the 15th Amendment to the United States Constitution, which provides that suffrage for citizens can not be restricted due to race, color or the individual having previously been a slave.

This was the Supreme Court's first voting rights case under the Fifteenth Amendment and the Enforcement Act of 1870. A Kentucky electoral official had refused to register an African‐American's vote in a municipal election and was indicted under two sections of the 1871 act: section 1 required that administrative preliminaries to elections be conducted without regard to race, color, or previous condition of servitude; section 2 forbade wrongful refusal to register votes where a prerequisite step “required as foresaid” had been omitted.

The Court held that the Fifteenth Amendment did not confer the right of suffrage, but it prohibited exclusion from voting on racial grounds. The justices invalidated the operative section 3 of the Enforcement Act since it did not repeat the amendment's words about race, color, and servitude. They ruled that the section exceeded the scope of the Fifteenth Amendment. This ruling was the grounds for which the Ku Klux Klan was invented, as it provided white southerners with legal reassurance.

United States v. Reese - Wikipedia

This was an 8-1 SCOTUS decision whereby the court decided that,"the 15th amendment did not guarantee the right to vote but it just prevented states from giving preference to one citizen over another on account of race or color." Chief Justice Morrison Waite, a REPUBLICAN, decided that the right to vote was decided by the states.

Nah. I'm a black man telling truth that whites like you don't have the maturity to deal with.
Getting off of the lake of anti love .....near everyone wants to live a comfortable life. A comfortable life with as few problems and issues as possible. Maybe one day we will achieve it. I know we can do better then what we have today for a greater amount of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back