The State of US Liberal Arts education.

Better be careful not to cling to that piece of paper too tightly. It could be damaged, and then what would you be? Pretty much nothing according to your own attitude.

In itself, a piece of paper means nothing. However, it represents my exposure to mental and social growth. .....

And people without your piece of paper don't have exposure to mental and social growth? Surely such a cosmopolitan fellow wouldn't have such a "narrow view"?

I wonder if Dr. bobob majored in "Social and Mental Growth." It certainly seems he at least minored in "Pretentious Douche Bag."

I wonder if Dr. bobob majored in "Social and Mental Growth." It certainly seems he at least minored in "Pretentious Douche Bag."
You don't major in social or mental growth, lambchop. And what did Dr. Unkotare major in? Beer drinking?

... I am more knowledgeable about Trump's past since I did my homework on him.

And no one else did? And you know this how?
I can tell by your blogs and responses that you are relatively clueless.

I wasn't aware of having a blog. To what are you referring? While you're at it, could you quote some of these "relatively clueless" responses?
All of 'em

How about a few, just for example? And where is this blog you claim I have?

It needs to be considered felony child abuse to allow anyone to allow an infant (a liberal under age 30) to even see any document in which the terms "liberal" and "education" are used the same sentence.

But don't burn the books....burn the abuser!

Seems ol' bobobo couldn't find more paper. He's gonna run out of social and mental development if he's not careful.

The state of American education can be aptly summed up by this statement from Whoopi Goldberg: “I hope Dr. Jill Biden becomes the next Surgeon General, she’s a hell of a doctor”. Unfortunately, Goldberg’s IQ is probably at the mid-point of most of today’s Liberal Arts college graduates. Long ago, a college education was important because it prepared the best and brightest for positions of professionalism and leadership. Then the government got involved in guaranteeing student loans and suddenly people like Jill Biden who could barely cobble together anything that qualifies as a respectable grocery list were running around with PhDs.

If you are going to pull off election fraud and blame it on the Russians you need a really stupid educated population. The technical name for this phenomenon is an Idiocracy. Sadly, the state of American education has retrogressed to something very similar to third world countries where everything is for sale. IF you need a driver’s license in the Philippines, you bribe someone for it. If you want a Liberal Arts degree in America you go to a bank, borrow money, and hand it to a college administrator.

Someone in officialdom sees you coming, takes your money, and you depart just as qualified in your field of study as that person in the Philippines is to operate an automobile. This is how an Idiocracy works. You get yourself a credential that supports a huge racket of professional educators lined up at the public trough hijacking tax money in a revenue-grabbing enterprise that makes Bernie Madoff look like a philanthropist. Then you finish deeply in debt for your trouble and end up in the same spot on the Bell curve as Whoopi Goldberg. Voila, a fully functioning Idiocracy.

Without this system in place, it is doubtful that US leadership and corporate America could have pulled off the scams that wiped out American industry, took away affordable employee health insurance, and gave the Chinese control of our pharmaceutical industry leaving us so weakened that we cannot hold the Reds responsible for Covid-19.

Rome’s Idiocracy took a thousand years, ours happened overnight. This is a sparkling testament to American Liberal Arts education. When you can dismantle a democracy by sending people to school to become stupid you have accomplished something that historical oppressors could only dream of.

Now put on your mask because these people are not going away.

Long ago, professionalism and leadership hinged on a liberal arts education. That's because the latter took on a classical form, and what was needed for one's profession involved professional school, with liberal arts (which involved both the arts and the sciences) providing the foundation.

Today, political correct has affected both types of school and media.

Forum List

Back