What is the State of Black America?

• Total voters

Publius1787

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2011
The State of the Black Union

The Black Family
72% of black family households are single parent households
72% Of Black Kids Raised In Single Parent Household, 25 Percent In U.S. | News One

Education

The Black High School Graduation Rate

The report finds that the 47 percent national graduation rate for black males is nearly 28 percentage points lower than that for white males. In 10 states, the report said the graduation rate gap exceeds 30 percentage points, led by Wisconsin, with a gap of 51 percentage points between the graduation rates of white males and black males. http://www.csg.org/pubs/capitolideas/enews/issue6_3.aspx

Black Test Scores

AFRICAN AMERICANS currently score lower than European Americans on vocabulary, reading, and mathematics tests, as well as on tests that claim to measure scholastic aptitude and intelligence. This gap appears before children enter kindergarten (figure 1-1), and it persists into adulthood. It has narrowed since 1970, but the typical American black still scores below 75 percent of American whites on most standardized tests. On some tests the typical American black scores below more than 85 percent of whites? The Black-White Test Score Gap

The Black College Graduation Rate

site_pics_med_graduation_rates_0.jpg

The Black IQ
iq-test_by_race_eu.png

Al Fin: Are Blacks a Criminal Race?

The Black Crime Rate

arrest_by_race_for_murder_rape_robbery_assault_autotheft.png

The Black Incarceration Rate

meninprisonorjail.jpg

" Approximately 12%-13% of the American population is African-American, but they make up 80.1% of the almost 2.1 million male inmates in jail or prison (U.S. Department of Justice, 2009)." Statistics of incarcerated African-American males - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Study: 49% of Black Men Are Arrested By Age 23 Study: 49% of Black Men Are Arrested By Age 23 - Law Blog - WSJ

Crime Rates
• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
• When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
• Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
• The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Interracial Crime
• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
• Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
• Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

Gangs
• Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
• Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.

Incarceration
• Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139 to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39 million.
• Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are three times more likely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD4tjDZTP_s

Color of Crime

Blacks on Welfare

Total number of Americans on welfare 12,800,000
Total number of Americans on food stamps 46,700,000
Total number of Americans on unemployment insurance 5,600,000
Percent of the US population on welfare 4.1 %
Total government spending on welfare annually (not including food stamps or unemployment) $131.9 billion
Welfare Demographics

Percent of recipients who are white 38.8 % ............... (Whites = 70% of the total U.S. population)
Percent of recipients who are black 39.8 % ............... (Blacks = 13% of the total U.S. population
Percent of recipients who are Hispanic 15.7 % .......... (Hispanics = 16 % of the total U.S. population)
Percent of recipients who are Asian 2.4 % ................ (Asians = 5% of the total U.S. population)
Percent of recipients who are Other 3.3 %

Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain

The Top 6 Most Dangerous Cities in the United States by Race(2013)

6 Detroit, MI (I just had to get Detroit in there)

82.7% Black
10.6% White (7.8% non-Hispanic whites, 2.8% Hispanic whites)

Per capita violent crime rate of 1348 per 100,000 citizens, and an overall crime rate of 8400 per 100,000 residents. 1 in 62 residents experiencing a car theft every year.

5 Saginaw, MI

43.5% White
46.1% Black
Hispanic or Latino of any race were 14.3% of the population.

Odds of falling victim to a violent crime: 1 in 43
Odds of falling victim to either a violent crime or a property-related crime: 1 in 16

4 West Memphis, AR

55.93% Black
42.16% White

Odds of falling victim to a violent crime: 1 in 42
Odds of falling victim to either a violent crime or a property-related crime: 1 in 8

3 Flint, MI

37.4% White
56.6% Black

Odds of falling victim to a violent crime: 1 in 42
Odds of falling victim to either a violent crime or a property-related crime: 1 in 11

2 Camden, NJ

17.59% (13,602) White
48.07% (37,180) Black
Hispanic or Latino of any race were 47.04% (36,379) of the population

Odds of falling victim to a violent crime: 1 in 36
Odds of falling victim to either a violent crime or a property-related crime: 1 in 11

1 East St. Louis, IL

1.23% White
97.74% Black

Odds of falling victim to a violent crime: 1 in 17
Odds of falling victim to either a violent crime or a property-related crime: 1 in 7

The 10 Most Dangerous Cities In America In 2013 | Curiosity Aroused

Black Income

US_Race_Household_Income.png

Black Unemployment

Black Unemployment
FT_13.08.202_BlackWhiteUnemployment.png

Black Youth Employment 36% Unemployment Among Black Youth 393% Higher Than National Rate | CNS News

Black Labor Participation Rate

“The drop in labor force participation was sharpest for African Americans, who saw a decline of 0.3 percentage points to 60.2 percent, the lowest rate since December of 1977. The rate for African American men fell 0.7 percentage points to 65.6 percent, the lowest on record. The decline in labor force participation was associated with a drop in the overall African American unemployment rate of 0.5 percentage points to 11.9, and a drop of 0.6 percentage points to 11.6 percent for African American men.”

Unemployment Falls to 6.7 Percent Due to Workers Leaving the Labor Force | Jobs Bytes

Last edited:
Nothing will ever be done in the black community until they stop playing the victim card and start admitting there's a problem and start looking for solutions.

If that is the case then I wouldn't get my hopes up. If the trend of black self ascribed victimhood has gone anywhere, it has certainly gone up.

The state of the black community has to be because of our Republican war on blacks, in consort of course with our war on women, the poor, children, etc.

Do explain. Considering that blacks vote for Democrats at a 90%+ rate to represent them in their electoral districts I am curious of how the fault belongs to Republicans. Or were you being sarcastic?

Where's the stats for the Native Americans aka American Indians?

Does anyone notice a correlation here?

Two race groups exceeded the national poverty rate of 14.3 percent by more than 10 percentage points: American Indian and Alaska Natives at 27 percent and black or African-American at 25.8 percent.
Read more at Poverty Affects American Indians and Alaska Native Population More Than All Races - ICTMN.com

Nationwide, African-American women reported the highest rate of out-of-wedlock births, at 67.8 percent. American Indian or Alaska Native women reported a 64 percent rate, while Hispanics reported 43 percent .

The state of the black community has to be because of our Republican war on blacks, in consort of course with our war on women, the poor, children, etc.

Do explain. Considering that blacks vote for Democrats at a 90%+ rate to represent them in their electoral districts I am curious of how the fault belongs to Republicans. Or were you being sarcastic?

The Democratic party has come to the realization that you can actually enslave an entire race of people and not call it slavery? Liberal Democrats have reintroduced slavery to the African American Community through so called social welfare programs.

Even .... when slaves often weren't permitted to wed, most black children lived with a biological mother and father. During Reconstruction and up until the 1940s, 75% to 85% of black children lived in two-parent families. Today, more than 70% of black children are born to single women. The welfare state has done to black Americans what slavery couldn't do, what Jim Crow couldn't do, what the harshest racism couldn't do,.... And that is to destroy the black family.

Blacks and the Democratic Party

Nothing will ever be done in the black community until they stop playing the victim card and start admitting there's a problem and start looking for solutions.

If that is the case then I wouldn't get my hopes up. If the trend of black self ascribed victimhood has gone anywhere, it has certainly gone up.

To be candid, why would certain individuals who post here have any "hope" for what transpires in the black community?

As a kid, when I was about 13, my father wanted in the worst way to take me to see the first Godfather movie with Marlon Brando, because of this quote:

Near the end of the movie, as i sat there mezmerized by the bloodshed these people inflicted upon one another,a truce was proposed by one of the family heads to stop the violence. One of them, named Don Zaluchi, had something to say:

“I don’t believe in drugs. For years I paid my people extra so they wouldn’t do that kind of business. Somebody comes to them and says, ‘I have powders. If you put up a three, four thousand dollar investment, we can make fifty thousand distributing.’ So they can’t resist. I want to control it as a business, to keep it respectable.”

He then slams his hand on the table and raises his voice and says:

“But I don’t want it near schools! I don’t want it sold to children! That’s an infamia. In my city, we would keep the traffic to the dark people, the coloreds. They’re animals anyway, so let them lose their souls.”

After [/B]the movie on the ride home, my father looked at me and said:
[[/B][/B]

"How about that?! They say WE are animals and although it was a movie, a lot was based on truth.This took place less than 30 years ago, and I recall reading about snd hearing about how they romanticized these type of criminals.

THAT same mentality that many of them have of YOU because of your skin color will hold true until you're an old adult, because to many of them, we are all alike.

Imagine if they were judged as all being the same based on the actions and morally degenerate behavior of some like the characters in that movie".
[/B][/B]

That being said, whatever transpires in the so called black community will be accomplished by black citizens. This thread is nothing but fodder for those who for the most part harbor a wish that the black citizens of this nation extinguish themselves.

Last edited:

To be candid, why would certain individuals who post here have any "hope" for what transpires in the black community?

As a kid, when I was about 13, my father wanted in the worst way to take me to see the first Godfather movie with Marlon Brando, because of this quote:

Near the end of the movie, as i sat there mezmerized by the bloodshed these people inflicted upon one another,a truce was proposed by one of the family heads to stop the violence. One of them, named Don Zaluchi, had something to say:

“I don’t believe in drugs. For years I paid my people extra so they wouldn’t do that kind of business. Somebody comes to them and says, ‘I have powders. If you put up a three, four thousand dollar investment, we can make fifty thousand distributing.’ So they can’t resist. I want to control it as a business, to keep it respectable.”

“But I don’t want it near schools! I don’t want it sold to children! That’s an infamia. In my city, we would keep the traffic to the dark people, the coloreds. They’re animals anyway, so let them lose their souls.”

After
the movie on the ride home, my father looked at me and said:
[
[/B]

"How about that?! They say WE are animals and although it was a movie, a lot was based on truth.This took place less than 30 years ago, and I recall reading about hearing about how they romanticized these type of criminals.

THAT same view that they have of YOU because of your race will hold true until you're an old adult, because to many of them, we are all alike.

Imagine if they were judged as all being the same based on the actions and morally degenerate behavior of some like the characters in that movie".
[/B][/B]

Why shouldn't there be hope for what transpires in the black community?

As for the movie quote and what your father said could be based on what you see in the news every day, i.e. young black woman punches 70 year old Walmart greeter, flash mobs, knock-out games, the fact that 50 percent of violent crimes are committed by blacks who make up only about 12 percent of the total population and then you wonder why blacks may be considered "animals" to some people?

What is being done to destroy the stereotype? Nothing. As a matter of fact it's being glorified in the rap industry and it's being justified by blaming it on slavery and "the white man keeping me down" mantra.

If the majority of blacks are honest, hard working law abiding citizens, then it's up to them to start reversing the stereotype.

After
the movie on the ride home, my father looked at me and said:
[
[/B]

"How about that?! They say WE are animals and although it was a movie, a lot was based on truth.This took place less than 30 years ago, and I recall reading about hearing about how they romanticized these type of criminals.

THAT same view that they have of YOU because of your race will hold true until you're an old adult, because to many of them, we are all alike.

[/B][/B]

Why shouldn't there be hope for what transpires in the black community?

As for the movie quote and what your father said could be based on what you see in the news every day, i.e. young black woman punches 70 year old Walmart greeter, flash mobs, knock-out games, the fact that 50 percent of violent crimes are committed by blacks who make up only about 12 percent of the total population and then you wonder why blacks may be considered "animals" to some people?

What is being done to destroy the stereotype? Nothing. As a matter of fact it's being glorified in the rap industry and it's being justified by blaming it on slavery and "the white man keeping me down" mantra.

If the majority of blacks are honest, hard working law abiding citizens, then it's up to them to start reversing the stereotype.

No, I don't "wonder why" there are stereotypes. The operative word in your statement is "some" people.

It is a fact that "some" people are ignorant and apply stereotypes to masses of other people because it is easier and much safer to read a newspaper or selectively focus on certain news articles from a distance as opposed to basing opinions on day to day interactions with ALL types of people.

The news networks would not attract the ratings needed to stay on the air if it led with positive stories as opposed to the sordid stories that appeal to the human need for peeking at the macabre from a safe distance.

When was the last time you spent an entire day in a predominately black community?

Although I do not live in one, I came from one, and I come back to a different one every week to do work as a board member for a non profit organization which sponsors various programs that are based on self improvement through self reliance.

So no, I can attest to the fact through what I SEE daily, that there is no mass buy in to glorifying by the majority of the black population the stereotypes that you "believe" to be true.

However, they are YOUR beliefs, which you are certainly entitled to.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back