The Song for a Mid-Life Crisis...Have You Ever Had One?

I bought some hair dye for men at fifty and at 59 I still don't need it.

My sideburns started turning grey so i started hitting 'em with Rudy Brand™ hair dye.
Then I discovered that most chicks love a little grey so I dumped it to Crumpit.
I am 56 today actually... not sure I really had a mid-life crises.
A little maybe. Growing older as a male is different than a female, for a woman it is primarily how they visually see themselves. For dudes, it is what we can't physically do anymore. How virile we are, or are not. And yes that certainly includes sex.
As a man, it is very difficult to deal with having to face physical limitations. Pisses you off.
Good example, just last weekend. The snow was melting everywhere and I noticed in the kitchen there was a small wet spot on the ceiling. Shit. So I go out and look at the roof, I see where it could be leaking. I get the ladder out, get on the roof...I fixed it.
But as I was making my way to the ladder, where you have to put one foot on the ladder and sort of spin yourself around... wasn't so fucking easy. I did it. But... I was fully aware that I lost my balance there for a moment, whoa nelly. Balance I once had in spades... I don't anymore.
That bothers me.

Happy Birthday!
he said that because he wants you to spank him for his birthday...
YIKES!

A little maybe. Growing older as a male is different than a female, for a woman it is primarily how they visually see themselves. For dudes, it is what we can't physically do anymore. How virile we are, or are not. And yes that certainly includes sex.
As a man, it is very difficult to deal with having to face physical limitations. Pisses you off.
Good example, just last weekend. The snow was melting everywhere and I noticed in the kitchen there was a small wet spot on the ceiling. Shit. So I go out and look at the roof, I see where it could be leaking. I get the ladder out, get on the roof...I fixed it.
But as I was making my way to the ladder, where you have to put one foot on the ladder and sort of spin yourself around... wasn't so fucking easy. I did it. But... I was fully aware that I lost my balance there for a moment, whoa nelly. Balance I once had in spades... I don't anymore.
That bothers me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

That bothers me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Yes, Happy Birthday, iamwhatiseem! I turn 60 in two days.................

Never had a mid life crisis. I always did what I wanted and chose quality of life over money in every case.

That bothers me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

HAPPY PRE-BIRTHDAY!!!

That bothers me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

HAPPY PRE-BIRTHDAY!!!
Thank-you!

Never had a mid life crisis. I always did what I wanted and chose quality of life over money in every case.
That is good dude, congrats. We don't always see eye-to-eye in our opinions...but I am glad to hear you live your life in a "Fuck the Man" kinda way and don't sell out for money.

I am a young looking 75 year old because I hated the corporate world and left it after 4 years.

I never looked back, and have enjoyed every minute of my life since.

That is good dude, congrats. We don't always see eye-to-eye in our opinions...but I am glad to hear you live your life in a "Fuck the Man" kinda way and don't sell out for money.

I am a young looking 75 year old because I hated the corporate world and left it after 4 years.

Congrats on being 75! I just turned 60 today, I look much younger than I am. I owe this mostly to the fact that I still have a full head of hair and because I have to watch my diet because of diabetes. Despite all of my problems, I STILL have a sense of humor AND my hair. :WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

I live in the corporate world, and although it pays my bills, it sucks my soul away and makes me sick.

The things you do to have a roof under your head I guess....

I live in the corporate world, and although it pays my bills, it sucks my soul away and makes me sick.

The things you do to have a roof under your head I guess....
At least :clap2: you're still ALIVE and kicking. :clap2:

Yeah, I guess.

Wish money could be made off of Gardening, cooking, and smoking weed. I'd just sit at home all day under the Sun.

Forum List

Back