The Song for a Mid-Life Crisis...Have You Ever Had One?

I accept checks. Shall I PM you my home addy? :lol:

Great idea!

I just wrote one and tucked it in the LEFT pocket of the shirt I'll have on at my funeral. In my will there'll be instructions to my executors to mail it to you at the address you'll be sending me shortly. They'll be told to do it immediately after my (fully clothed) cremation.

I bought some hair dye for men at fifty and at 59 I still don't need it.

My sideburns started turning grey so i started hitting 'em with Rudy Brand™ hair dye.
Then I discovered that most chicks love a little grey so I dumped it to Crumpit.
I am 56 today actually... not sure I really had a mid-life crises.
A little maybe. Growing older as a male is different than a female, for a woman it is primarily how they visually see themselves. For dudes, it is what we can't physically do anymore. How virile we are, or are not. And yes that certainly includes sex.
As a man, it is very difficult to deal with having to face physical limitations. Pisses you off.
Good example, just last weekend. The snow was melting everywhere and I noticed in the kitchen there was a small wet spot on the ceiling. Shit. So I go out and look at the roof, I see where it could be leaking. I get the ladder out, get on the roof...I fixed it.
But as I was making my way to the ladder, where you have to put one foot on the ladder and sort of spin yourself around... wasn't so fucking easy. I did it. But... I was fully aware that I lost my balance there for a moment, whoa nelly. Balance I once had in spades... I don't anymore.
That bothers me.

Happy Birthday!

I bought some hair dye for men at fifty and at 59 I still don't need it.

My sideburns started turning grey so i started hitting 'em with Rudy Brand™ hair dye.
Then I discovered that most chicks love a little grey so I dumped it to Crumpit.
A little maybe. Growing older as a male is different than a female, for a woman it is primarily how they visually see themselves. For dudes, it is what we can't physically do anymore. How virile we are, or are not. And yes that certainly includes sex.
As a man, it is very difficult to deal with having to face physical limitations. Pisses you off.
Good example, just last weekend. The snow was melting everywhere and I noticed in the kitchen there was a small wet spot on the ceiling. Shit. So I go out and look at the roof, I see where it could be leaking. I get the ladder out, get on the roof...I fixed it.
But as I was making my way to the ladder, where you have to put one foot on the ladder and sort of spin yourself around... wasn't so fucking easy. I did it. But... I was fully aware that I lost my balance there for a moment, whoa nelly. Balance I once had in spades... I don't anymore.
That bothers me.

Happy Birthday!
he said that because he wants you to spank him for his birthday...

That bothers me.
Happy Birthday!
1614631334789.png

I accept checks. Shall I PM you my home addy? :lol:

Great idea!

I just wrote one and tucked it in the LEFT pocket of the shirt I'll have on at my funeral. In my will there'll be instructions to my executors to mail it to you at the address you'll be sending me shortly. They'll be told to do it immediately after my (fully clothed) cremation.

You're a giver - Muy appreciado! :D

That bothers me.
Happy Birthday!
View attachment 463074
Oh that looks really yummy. I love sweets.

And yes, Happy BIRTHDAY!!! Enjoy the song!

Middle Age Crazy

Jerry Lee Lewis - Middle Age Crazy ( 1977 )
Jerry Lee Lewis - Middle Age Crazy ( 1977 ) - YouTube

YouTube › watch

Lyrics
Today he traded his big '98 Oldsmobile
He got a heck of a deal
On a new Porsche car
He ain't wearing his usual grey business suit
He's got jeans and high boots
With an embroidered star
And today he's forty years old going on twenty
Don't look for the grey in his hair
'Cause he ain't got any
He's got a young thing beside him
That just melts in his hand
He's middle aged crazy
Trying to prove he still can
He's gotta a woman that he's loved for a long long time at home
Ah but the thrill is all gone
When they cut down the lights
They've got a business that they spent a while coming by
Been a long uphill climb
But now the profits are high
But today he's forty years old going on twenty
And he hears of sordid affairs
And he ain't had any
And the young thing beside him
He knows she understands
That he's middle aged crazy
Trying to prove he still can
Oh, oh

That bothers me.
That you can fix.

That bothers me.
That you can fix.
Not really, I have CVI in both legs, especially the right leg. I had two surgeries that was supposed to improve things... it didn't.
I wear those lousy compression stockings, luckily there are a few companies that make cool looking ones rather than the white or nude color, which looks like I am wearing women hose... so yeah... glad I found the manly man ones :D
Plus I have arthritis in both knees... probably from 13 years working on concrete floors.

You Can Call Me Al« see all songs
Lyrics:
A man walks down the street
He says, “Why am I soft in the middle now?
Why am I soft in the middle?
The rest of my life is so hard
I need a photo opportunity
I want a shot at redemption
Don’t want to end up a cartoon
In a cartoon graveyard”
Bonedigger, bonedigger
Dogs in the moonlight
Far away my well-lit door
Mr. Beerbelly, Beerbelly
Get these mutts away from me
You know I don’t find this stuff
Amusing anymore
If you’ll be my bodyguard
I can be your long-lost pal
I can call you Betty
And Betty, when you call me
You can call me Al
He says, “Why am I short of attention?
Got a short little span of attention
And, woe my nights are so long
Where’s my wife and family?
What if I die here?
Who’ll be my role model
Now that my role model is
Gone gone?”
He ducked back down the alley
With some roly-poly little bat-faced girl
All along along
There were incidents and accidents
There were hints and allegations
I can be your long -ost pal
I can call you Betty
You can call me Al
Call me Al
It’s a street in a strange world
Maybe it’s the third world
Maybe it’s his first time around
He doesn’t speak the language
He holds no currency
He is a foreign man
He is surrounded by the sound, the sound
Cattle in the marketplace
Scatterlings and orphanages
YOU CAN CALL ME AL (CONT’D)
He looks around, around
He sees angels in the architecture
Spinning in infinity
He says, “Amen!” and “Hallelujah!”
I can be your long-lost pal
I can call you Betty
You can call me Al
Call me
Na na na na …
I can be your long lost pal
I can call you Betty
© 1986 Words and Music by Paul Simon
This song is available on:
Paul Simons '' You Can Call Me Al'' seems to fit the thread, I could'nt find a video. Not sure if I had a midlife crisis.

That bothers me.
Beautiful reply, thank-you.

New Topics

Forum List

Back