The shooting of Isaiah Brown is another case of unfair media coverage against cops

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
A CNN headline says that the black man was unarmed, only with a phone in hand.
But many paragraphs into the body (after the clickbait has already generated chicks clicks), we learn that Brown threatened to kill his brother and told a dispatcher that he had a gun, and also that he did not.
So the cop who shot him was in a mindset of both protecting Brown's brother and himself. The cop mistook the phone for a gun. That's Brown's fault for inexplicably claiming he had a gun.
This kind of fake outrage doesn't help in fighting true, valid cases of police abuse.

hell i cant keep up with the latest cop killed back person news....right now in n.c. we have a case where they wont release body cams and 10 police have been placed on leave or retired or resigned...

this is on the coast...protests are underway and the longer the police refuse to release the cam footage the worse it will get...

hubby and i are in total disagreement about the cop killing the black chick with the knife...he thinks they should have taser her or leg shoot..what bs...a friend was stabbed 17 times at a party..didnt kill her but sure fucked her up for a long time

hell i cant keep up with the latest cop killed back person news....right now in n.c. we have a case where they wont release body cams and 10 police have been placed on leave or retired or resigned...

this is on the coast...protests are underway and the longer the police refuse to release the cam footage the worse it will get...
Some shootings were justified. Like the black girl trying to stab people.
And yes, you can keep up.

hubby and i are in total disagreement about the cop killing the black chick with the knife...he thinks they should have taser her or leg shoot..what bs...a friend was stabbed 17 times at a party..didnt kill her but sure fucked her up for a long time

There is a reason why cops are trained not to shoot people in the leg, or the hand, or the head, or the foot.

If you shoot at someone, you aren't shooting to kill. You are shooting to stop them doing whatever it is that verbal commands aren't stopping. Anywhere you shoot someone in the body, there is a chance of hitting an artery and causing a massive hemorrhage. So, unlike we see on movies and TV, there is no 'safe place' to shoot a human.

On the other hand, if you shoot and miss, that bullet will remain lethal for up to 1,000 yards. That means, every nun, every school teacher, every mother with a baby carriage in that bullet's path is a potential victim.

So, police are trained to shoot for the center mass of a human body, chest and abdomen. That is the most stationary part of a human body and the target you're least likely to miss.

As for TASERS, again, unlike TV and movies, a TASER or CED doesn't knock someone out. It will temporarily incapacitate someone's muscle movement for as long as the power is applied 5 to 7 seconds. Give another officer a very tiny window to run in and handcuff the suspect.

For the TASER to be effective, both projectiles must connect with the suspect and they cannot be too close or too far away from each other to be effective. If the suspect is wearing heavy clothing or is very mobile, the TASER won't be effective. Not every officer carries a TASER. They are not always immediately available in a situation.

you see the white man or person....play stupid games win stupid prizes...justification

the the black man...regardless of causation is willing to protest and riot...which is odd that they destroy their own areas...take it to the streets is one thing...take it to the suburb and a total different reaction

with the ramping up of violence on both sides the cycle continues....

why should i keep up? this doesnt really concern me at all...i live in a white zone...my chances of being killed by a bear are greater than being killed by a black person...and just like yall dont care what blacks are doing to blacks...i dont get a damn about yalls problems with blacks...and each other...

fncceo hubby has totally different back ground....i was brought up you pull a gun on a man you kill him...period...(dad was hard core about this shit) wounding shots are simply a waste of bullets...

people who hesitate bout knife threats learn quickly..in the gut and up

A CNN headline says that the black man was unarmed, only with a phone in hand.
But many paragraphs into the body (after the clickbait has already generated chicks clicks), we learn that Brown threatened to kill his brother and told a dispatcher that he had a gun, and also that he did not.
So the cop who shot him was in a mindset of both protecting Brown's brother and himself. The cop mistook the phone for a gun. That's Brown's fault for inexplicably claiming he had a gun.
This kind of fake outrage doesn't help in fighting true, valid cases of police abuse.
They are not looking for the truth , they are purposely painting every cop as a racist killer. Only taking the job so they can hunt down the poor black kid on his way from the book store .

fncceo hubby has totally different back ground....i was brought up you pull a gun on a man you kill him...period...(dad was hard core about this shit) wounding shots are simply a waste of bullets...

people who hesitate bout knife threats learn quickly..in the gut and up

It's not the job of police to kill people. It is about stopping a violent offender from hurting police or a citizen. 80% of gunshot victims survive so even when police use deadly force, it's not likely to be deadly.

Bullets have been found to be the most effective method of stopping someone's violent behaviors.

One would have to be an idiot or a racist to think all these cop killings are justified. Some are and some aren’t. The ones that aren’t need to be prosecuted.

The standard for USE OF LETHAL FORCE has been the same for about a hundred years.

Police are authorized to use lethal force when confronted by a perpetrator who is about to assault another person in a manner likely to cause death or critical injury. Usually that is a person pointing a gun at a would-be victim, but the same principle applies to a knife or any other object that is likely to cause serious bodily harm...e.g., a brick or hammer.

The fat chick stabber situation has been distorted incredibly by self-serving race pimps and Leftist Media sources. Where is the interview with the mother of the girl who would have been stabbed to death had the police not intervened? Didn't her life "matter"? It's all bullshit.

Forum List

Back