The sharpest drops in abortion rates in America have been under Democratic presidents

I don't agree with abortions, with that being said I don't think a group of white men should say what a woman can and can't do.

Should men start having to pay child support as soon as that woman gets pregnant?
i don’t disagree…now the entire population of a state can vis elections

That is you Struth, you are the one who is afraid to tell that you love white men and have interracial children. It is nothing to be ashamed of.
go take your racist, racial jungle, views you got from your plantation boss elsewhere

Screenshot_20220706-081003_Samsung Internet.jpg

Some married women get abortions as well for birth defects discovered during pregnancy....

But today is the day of science fiction....so the Movie Gattica is a reality....(outer space rides aren't)

Are you holding up Israel as an example of abortion freedom?

I hope not, they are hardly that. From your link:

Under the new rules, Israeli women will now have access to abortion pills at their local health clinics. They will no longer need to physically appear before an abortion approval committee, and the application form will be shortened and simplified.

Abortion approval committees have been heavily criticised in Israel over the years. While most requests are approved, women have objected to being subject to bureaucracy and a humiliating and intrusive process. Women can face long wait times before they can be seen by a committee.
Instead, the process will be digitised, and a requirement to meet a social worker will become optional. The new regulations will take effect in three months.

Women will still need to get approval from a committee in order to have the abortion. I'm guessing that Arabic Muslim Israelis get instant approval, while Jewish Israelis face more questioning. Can't say I blame them for not wanting another mass slaughter of Jews.

If Israel had Roe V. Wade, those committees would not be allowed. You're bragging that they streamlined the process?

I can't see the United States having those kind of abortion panels either. The states will make their own laws, regulating abortion as they each see fit, just as the founders intended. On the other hand, we Americans are entitled to a committee called a jury if someone wants to give us the death penalty, so maybe . . .

Are you holding up Israel as an example of abortion freedom?

I hope not, they are hardly that. From your link:

Under the new rules, Israeli women will now have access to abortion pills at their local health clinics. They will no longer need to physically appear before an abortion approval committee, and the application form will be shortened and simplified.

Abortion approval committees have been heavily criticised in Israel over the years. While most requests are approved, women have objected to being subject to bureaucracy and a humiliating and intrusive process. Women can face long wait times before they can be seen by a committee.
Instead, the process will be digitised, and a requirement to meet a social worker will become optional. The new regulations will take effect in three months.

Women will still need to get approval from a committee in order to have the abortion. I'm guessing that Arabic Muslim Israelis get instant approval, while Jewish Israelis face more questioning. Can't say I blame them for not wanting another mass slaughter of Jews.

If Israel had Roe V. Wade, those committees would not be allowed. You're bragging that they streamlined the process?

I can't see the United States having those kind of abortion panels either. The states will make their own laws, regulating abortion as they each see fit, just as the founders intended. On the other hand, we Americans are entitled to a committee called a jury if someone wants to give us the death penalty, so maybe . . .

Such decisions belong to a woman and her doctors.. not you.

Abortion rates in the US (1980-2016)​

Ronald Reagan 1981 – 1989

Abortion rates hovered at 24-23 per every 1,000 women between the ages of 15-44, ending at 24 in 1989.

George H. W. Bush 1989 – 1993

Abortion rates fell from 24 to 23 per every 1,000 women.

Bill Clinton 1993 – 2001

Abortion rates fell from 23 to 16.2 per every 1,000 women.

George W. Bush 2001 – 2009

Abortion rates hovered at about 16 per every 1,000 women for most of Bush’s time in the White House, then dropped from 15.8 in 2008 to 15 in 2009.

Barack Obama 2009 – 2017

Abortion rates plunged from 15 per every 1,000 women in 2009 to 11.6 in 2016, the latest year for which official CDC data is available. The abortion rate is now the lowest on record since 1971, two years before Roe v. Wade established a woman’s right to choose. It is also half the rate in 1991.

The numbers prove the Democratic Party’s policies are more likely to limit abortions than those offered by Republicans. Unintended pregnancies account for over 90% of all abortions, according to a 2012 Brookings Institution report. Reducing that number through access to birth control leads to a sharp drop in abortion: according to research from the Guttmacher Institute, the steep drop in abortion rates between 2008 and 2011 was driven by a fall in unintended pregnancies, most likely driven by better contraceptive use.

If you disagree bring the information to back it up.
Abortion rates will really drop now, thanks to the Roe reversal. Will you be giving Biden the credit for that?

Abortion rates in the US (1980-2016)​

Ronald Reagan 1981 – 1989

Abortion rates hovered at 24-23 per every 1,000 women between the ages of 15-44, ending at 24 in 1989.

George H. W. Bush 1989 – 1993

Abortion rates fell from 24 to 23 per every 1,000 women.

Bill Clinton 1993 – 2001

Abortion rates fell from 23 to 16.2 per every 1,000 women.

George W. Bush 2001 – 2009

Abortion rates hovered at about 16 per every 1,000 women for most of Bush’s time in the White House, then dropped from 15.8 in 2008 to 15 in 2009.

Barack Obama 2009 – 2017

Abortion rates plunged from 15 per every 1,000 women in 2009 to 11.6 in 2016, the latest year for which official CDC data is available. The abortion rate is now the lowest on record since 1971, two years before Roe v. Wade established a woman’s right to choose. It is also half the rate in 1991.

The numbers prove the Democratic Party’s policies are more likely to limit abortions than those offered by Republicans. Unintended pregnancies account for over 90% of all abortions, according to a 2012 Brookings Institution report. Reducing that number through access to birth control leads to a sharp drop in abortion: according to research from the Guttmacher Institute, the steep drop in abortion rates between 2008 and 2011 was driven by a fall in unintended pregnancies, most likely driven by better contraceptive use.

If you disagree bring the information to back it up.
Then, apparently, your side has nothing to worry about.

Forum List

Back