The Serious Stock Market Crash Thread

can someone tells us what's really going on?!

We are Japan 20 years ago. We also have Boomer's retiring cashing in on their investments & demanding their entitlements. Oh & Europe is screwing everyone.

That is certainly part of it.
The world went through a significant liberal phase from the late 1950's - 1980.
During this phase countries built up very large entitlement programs during this same period the population exploded. Unreal isn't it? That no one back then had the honesty to realize what this would do.
Take the above scenario and now add their children - Gen X's. Self absorbed and spoiled rotten and wanting everything their parents have and a helluva lot more - all this before they have their first child! When their income wouldn't hack it - fine - they borrowed their future earnings, counting on raises and promotions years before they MIGHT happen.
Insanity.
And now we have a government who is STILL trying to pretend the problem isn't as big as it is.
We should pray they do and not continue to make it worse.

Somewhat disagree. There are numerous AAA countries with higher CDS rates than the US. By that measure France is no better BBB, the UK as well. Those downgrades are coming soon my guess is 1-2 weeks from this Friday.

What's going on? Europe is in terrible debt, America is in terrible debt. We are all in debt because of low taxes and high spending. If we cut spending and raised taxes, we would be much better off. However, the Tea Party morons who each deserve to be tried for treason, held the House of Representatives Hostage on this debt deal and would not back any bill that raised taxes for the wealthy. In other words, if you take home 1 million dollars a year after all deductions and before taxes, the Tea Party morons don't want you to lose out on an additional 5% of your income because they fear you won't create jobs. Of course the taxes were lowered under Bush and our economy was sluggish at best during Bush's terms so tax cuts have really done nothing good for us.

What's going on? Europe is in terrible debt, America is in terrible debt. We are all in debt because of low taxes and high spending. If we cut spending and raised taxes, we would be much better off. However, the Tea Party morons who each deserve to be tried for treason, held the House of Representatives Hostage on this debt deal and would not back any bill that raised taxes for the wealthy. In other words, if you take home 1 million dollars a year after all deductions and before taxes, the Tea Party morons don't want you to lose out on an additional 5% of your income because they fear you won't create jobs. Of course the taxes were lowered under Bush and our economy was sluggish at best during Bush's terms so tax cuts have really done nothing good for us.

Please show me where the treason is in not wanting to increase the debt limit, or not increasing it without massive spending cuts in return, while not increasing taxes.

I'll be waiting.

It wont work.

You have to spurn the economy on and raise taxes to get the revenue you need to fix this mess.

The market goes *inexplicably down hundreds of points one day, then it goes inexplicably up hundreds of points the next day.

SOMEBODY is making a whole lotta money on these radical moves of the markets, folks.

The sheep are getting sheared again.

* (oh I know people always have explainations after the fact. Of course usally their explainations make no sense because what they claim is the cause was in effect the day before the rapid drip or climb in the market, too).

Animal spirits, folks.

The herd gets stampeded once in while, and I do not think that everybody is surprised when that happens.

Not everybody is surprised, just most investors.

Last edited:
My account is growing. I expect we will be back near 12200 in about three weeks. The market will all your problem at that point. I'll be back in cash.

Europe discovered they had a serious economic slowdown. Even Europe's economic engine Germany has slowed to a crawl. I got in & made $5,000 on on this 3 day bear market bounce but I am pulling my money back out of the market soon & going back into Gold.

There is now a greater risk than not of a double dip recession.

Last edited:
I have been buying stock over the past few days. I think this is a bear market bounce and we will go back and eventually retest the lows but I think we have more to go on the upside. The market is acting pretty well despite the lousy numbers from Germany.

FTR the RSI of the Russell 2000 went lower last week than at any time during the Financial Crisis.

Look out below!

The Fed can keep it propped up for a while, no doubt. But the EU is in total shambles and the USA still has an Economic Jihadist in the WH for at least the next 16 months and that's without the Middle East throwing a match in the dynamite shed. Obama's got us in 6 wars, how do you this plays out?

US Treasuries will continue to rise because there's no other place on the planet where you have a chance of actually getting your money back

Investing in the market as a whole right now is far too risky. At best, select a few individual companies that are performing well.

And buying Gold @ this Price, and towards the Middle to End of this Generational Correction, is not Wise either...

See how Gold did after Peaking @ $800 an oz at the End of the Last Generational Correction in 1983...

Dumped to 300ish and sat there for Decades.

Careful with that Gold Axe, Ugene...

:)

peace...

I have been buying stock over the past few days. I think this is a bear market bounce and we will go back and eventually retest the lows but I think we have more to go on the upside. The market is acting pretty well despite the lousy numbers from Germany.

FTR the RSI of the Russell 2000 went lower last week than at any time during the Financial Crisis.

I am to affraid to ride this bounce any further despite the RSI. The RSI was below 50 just before we had the largest point drop in history. Gold is safer than the markets or dollars. I just closed out my short on the DXD at $19.27

The Dow to Gold ratio is headed somewhere between 1:1 & 5:1.

dj-au-ratio-lt.gif

Last edited:

I am to affraid to ride this bounce any further despite the RSI. The RSI was below 50 just before we had the largest point drop in history. Gold is safer than the markets or dollars. I just closed out my short on the DXD at $19.27

The Dow to Gold ratio is headed somewhere between 1:1 & 5:1.

dj-au-ratio-lt.gif

That's looking good now.

Near as I can tell, the press conference was a complete waste. Worse, they talked about a transaction tax. Europe is even more clueless than us.

Watch for a European bank to fail.

That's looking good now.

Near as I can tell, the press conference was a complete waste. Worse, they talked about a transaction tax. Europe is even more clueless than us.

Watch for a European bank to fail.

If I had any balls right now I would short the DDM.

Forum List

Back