CDZ The serious gun crime fighting proposals...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I had a thread on my idea.....now here is another article on serious gun crime ideas...

Texas Shooting -- Gun-Control Proposals That Would Not Reduce Gun Crime | National Review

The failings of our prosecutorial, probation, parole, and mental-health systems are fundamental and in some cases catastrophic. In spite of that, the U.S. homicide rate today is about what it was in the Eisenhower years. There is not very much cause for panic, and there is not very much cause for a panicked crackdown on the legal sale of firearms through firearms dealers. But demagogues benefit from panic.
----------

What’s missing is ordinary, unglamorous, labor-intensive law-enforcement and public-health work — i.e., the one thing no one employed by government will seriously contemplate and no politician answering to government workers and their unions will seriously consider.

Instead: We complain about “straw buyers” but rarely prosecute them; some federal prosecutors refuse as a matter of publicly stated policy to take a straw-buyer case unless it is part of a larger (sexier) organized-crime investigation. Chicago manages to convict fewer than one in five of those arrested on weapons charges. A New York Times investigation found that about 90 percent of the killers identified in New York murder cases had prior criminal histories, often histories of violent crime. (About 70 percent of New York’s homicide victims also had prior criminal arrests.) On and on it goes: Ordinary crime and ordinary criminals, ordinary bureaucratic failure, and the occasional act of armed histrionics to keep the headlines churning.

The dentist laying down eight grand for a Wilson .45 down at the local gun shop, checking his email on his iPhone as he waits for his background check to be processed, is not likely to be a very important contributor to our national problem of criminal violence. But he is easy to police, and the licensed businesses (with fixed addresses, operating hours, business records, etc.) catering to him are easy to police, inasmuch as they largely police themselves.

The actual criminals? Chasing those troublesome scamps around the block is a lot of work. And expensive: By the end of the first quarter of 2018, the Philadelphia police department had used up all of its $57 million allotment of overtime pay for the year. The Philadelphia police department pays actual police officers substantial compensation to do things like act as program managers at the Police Athletic League. Philadelphia being Philadelphia, they manage even to do that corruptly.

I had a thread on my idea.....now here is another article on serious gun crime ideas...

Texas Shooting -- Gun-Control Proposals That Would Not Reduce Gun Crime | National Review

The failings of our prosecutorial, probation, parole, and mental-health systems are fundamental and in some cases catastrophic. In spite of that, the U.S. homicide rate today is about what it was in the Eisenhower years. There is not very much cause for panic, and there is not very much cause for a panicked crackdown on the legal sale of firearms through firearms dealers. But demagogues benefit from panic.
----------

What’s missing is ordinary, unglamorous, labor-intensive law-enforcement and public-health work — i.e., the one thing no one employed by government will seriously contemplate and no politician answering to government workers and their unions will seriously consider.

Instead: We complain about “straw buyers” but rarely prosecute them; some federal prosecutors refuse as a matter of publicly stated policy to take a straw-buyer case unless it is part of a larger (sexier) organized-crime investigation. Chicago manages to convict fewer than one in five of those arrested on weapons charges. A New York Times investigation found that about 90 percent of the killers identified in New York murder cases had prior criminal histories, often histories of violent crime. (About 70 percent of New York’s homicide victims also had prior criminal arrests.) On and on it goes: Ordinary crime and ordinary criminals, ordinary bureaucratic failure, and the occasional act of armed histrionics to keep the headlines churning.

The dentist laying down eight grand for a Wilson .45 down at the local gun shop, checking his email on his iPhone as he waits for his background check to be processed, is not likely to be a very important contributor to our national problem of criminal violence. But he is easy to police, and the licensed businesses (with fixed addresses, operating hours, business records, etc.) catering to him are easy to police, inasmuch as they largely police themselves.

The actual criminals? Chasing those troublesome scamps around the block is a lot of work. And expensive: By the end of the first quarter of 2018, the Philadelphia police department had used up all of its $57 million allotment of overtime pay for the year. The Philadelphia police department pays actual police officers substantial compensation to do things like act as program managers at the Police Athletic League. Philadelphia being Philadelphia, they manage even to do that corruptly.

Dammit man! There you go spreading falsehoods! My Wison Combat Supergrade was only 5 thousand and some change!

----------

Are you saying we should keep folks in jail longer? I love the death penalty so I'm not against stricter punishments.

----------

Are you saying we should keep folks in jail longer? I love the death penalty so I'm not against stricter punishments.

If it were up to me, murder would be the death penalty....outside of that...

Here are my plans...

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.

This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

You implement this with two other things...

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

That is how you stop gun crime over night.

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....
Mass shooters

1) end gun free zones

2) get the media to stop covering mass shootings like it is the Oscars.....

3) We are already seeing this...get people who know these nuts to report these nuts....

4) Make sure the police who know these nuts arrest these nuts when they have the chance so they will pop on background checks....
What does each do to stop mass shooters....

1) keeps shooters from targeting people, since they target gun free zones.

2) The media not covering it like they are the criminal oscars deters copycats...just like they stopped covering teen suicides to stop the copycat effect

3) The only way to stop mass shooters, since they commit no other crime, is for family, coworkers and neighbors to report their violent behavior....the Odessa shooter should have felonies for the crimes he was committing but they didn't report his shooting his weapon from his front porch....

4) The Parkland shooter had 33 contacts with police and numerous contacts with police at his school.....due to Obama's "Promise Program" the police never arrested him for the felonies he committed....so he didn't pop on the background check..

----------

Here are my plans...

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.

This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....
Mass shooters

1) end gun free zones

3) We are already seeing this...get people who know these nuts to report these nuts....

4) Make sure the police who know these nuts arrest these nuts when they have the chance so they will pop on background checks....

2) The media not covering it like they are the criminal oscars deters copycats...just like they stopped covering teen suicides to stop the copycat effect

3) The only way to stop mass shooters, since they commit no other crime, is for family, coworkers and neighbors to report their violent behavior....the Odessa shooter should have felonies for the crimes he was committing but they didn't report his shooting his weapon from his front porch....

4) The Parkland shooter had 33 contacts with police and numerous contacts with police at his school.....due to Obama's "Promise Program" the police never arrested him for the felonies he committed....so he didn't pop on the background check..

Thats pretty darned well written out. We may bicker about the finer points, and I do love the death penalty, but we have very much common ground there.

I THINK cops accidentally lose paperwork on sympathetic auspects or it just falls through the cracks. Someday soon common law enforcement will get with the 1990's with body cams and the paperwork unification thing and they'll be no more drunks with licenses in state A despite 34 DUI's in B and C, much less the gun violations you mentioned, right?

Finding SOMETHING to debate:

-I'm ok with private organizations and their right to be gun free. They'll get sued eventually when something goes wrong there and someone had to turn in the gun. For a ridiculous example, White House tours are probably gonna be gun free forever.

-Can we throw in no deals and convictions for ppl who loose guns into the hands of those who aren't supposed to have them? Its already against the law in general in most states but there seem to be some private transaction holes.

-yeah, 3d printers are gonna make that less of a thing, I know. We still need speeding laws though.

-for partisan bickering I'll just ad Obama bought that kinder gentler christian nation lie and the thousand points of reabilitation.

As long as we pretend political parties don't exist I suspect you and I could come to an agreement here if only the masses would elect us.

America had to become a nation of very weak people and very deranged people to become so pussified over guns.
Liberalism has worked wonders at creating such people.

These are people who scream and jump on the bed if a bug crawls on the floor.
These are people who think true hardship means not having 100 Mbps internet or driving less than a BWM or Mercedes
These are people who demand everything from their country....but offer nothing in return

So I dunno about these "Serious Gun Fighting Proposals" when you're dealing with such waste product people

Until the cushy rug truly gets pulled out from under these idiots and they learn what REAL hardship means, it's a lost cause.

----------

Here are my plans...

Mass shooters

1) end gun free zones

Thats pretty darned well written out. We may bicker about the finer points, and I do love the death penalty, but we have very much common ground there.

I THINK cops accidentally lose paperwork on sympathetic auspects or it just falls through the cracks. Someday soon common law enforcement will get with the 1990's with body cams and the paperwork unification thing and they'll be no more drunks with licenses in state A despite 34 DUI's in B and C, much less the gun violations you mentioned, right?

Finding SOMETHING to debate:

-I'm ok with private organizations and their right to be gun free. They'll get sued eventually when something goes wrong there and someone had to turn in the gun. For a ridiculous example, White House tours are probably gonna be gun free forever.

-Can we throw in no deals and convictions for ppl who loose guns into the hands of those who aren't supposed to have them? Its already against the law in general in most states but there seem to be some private transaction holes.

-yeah, 3d printers are gonna make that less of a thing, I know. We still need speeding laws though.

-for partisan bickering I'll just ad Obama bought that kinder gentler christian nation lie and the thousand points of reabilitation.

As long as we pretend political parties don't exist I suspect you and I could come to an agreement here if only the masses would elect us.

We already have police techniques to catch actual criminals who provide guns to other criminals....as long as it didn't target normal people who innocently sell their private guns my plan would send actual straw buyers to prison for 30 years......no bargaining away the gun charge.

The police currently use sting operations on information gained by captured criminals to arrest straw buyers.....so the gun show loophole is just a myth the anti-gunners use to scare uninformed Americans into giving them the power to limit gun rights.

Who waits for a background check? I haven't had one in 4 years.

1) Specify no guns for violent gangs by law and use red flags to find and imprison gang members with guns. - *poof* goes 90% of murders.

2) nothing else is needed.

I haven't hade one in 20.

I haven't hade one in 20.
Me neither, but my wife has had a bunch.

:)

If you brandish a weapon during a crime, you should go away for a very long time. Sounds good to me.

Whether you use it or not. That takes care of the end of the pipeline of firearms. We need to limit the inflow of firearms at the beginning of the pipeline however. Otherwise, it's meaningless. Like increasing the size of the bucket while taking water out of your rowboat without addressing the hole in the side of the hull letting more water in.

We need to limit the inflow of firearms at the beginning of the pipeline however.
You cannot demonstrate the necessity or efficacy of this.
But, you know this.
Other nations do and they don’t have monthly massacres.

We don’t and we have The massacres.

Necessity is demonstrated unless you just crave violence like most blob supporters

We need to limit the inflow of firearms at the beginning of the pipeline however.
But, you know this.
:lol:
Those are nice post-hoc fallacies you have there - as such, they do nothing to demonstrate the necessity and efficacy of what you claim we "need".
Try again?

But, you know this.
Those are nice post-hoc fallacies you have there - as such, they do nothing to demonstrate the necessity and efficacy of what you claim we "need".
Try again?

I call it truth. Because it is the truth

But, you know this.
Try again?
Ah. You don't know what "post hoc fallacy" means.
Or you do, and you don't care.

But, you know this.
Try again?
Ah. You don't know what "post hoc fallacy" means.
Or you do, and you don't care.

You seem fuzzy on the recent history so you throw some latin on the screen and think that will make up for your ignorance. It is funny.

Forum List

Back