The Secular Apocalypse

Green and Blue - you posted in post 38:

"All the wars have been won by the strict followers of scripture .." Also you refer to the laws of Christianity. So, how do you reconcile going to war with Jesus Christ's teaching to love our enemies in his sermon on the mount? (Matthew 5:44)

Also, so called Christians fought on both sides of World War II - so why would you think Christianity won that war?

Revelations is not about the end of times. It is about the end of the Roman Empire.

And where do you get your understanding of the book of Revelation? Can you post a link to what you consider a reliable source on this?

Revelation is prophetic and not limited to the fall of the Roman Empire which was the 6th head of the symbolic wild beast in Revelation 17:9,10 - the prophecy goes on to describe the 7th world power - the anglo-American world power and the 8 th king - do you know who/what the 8th king is?

Understanding the symbolism in Revelation requires in depth Bible study/research but the fact that Revelation 6:8 has been fulfilled concerning war and pestilence/plague has been fulfilled since 1914 (World War I) and the Spanish influenza pandemic in 1918.

Much simpler is the fact that man is ruining the earth in many ways and that God will soon bring to ruin those ruining the earth as foretold in Revelation I(Apocalypse) 11:18.
Can’t you google that for yourself?

I’m not trying to convince you. That would be impossible.

I am countering you.

Revelations is not about the end of times. It is about the end of the Roman Empire.

And where do you get your understanding of the book of Revelation? Can you post a link to what you consider a reliable source on this?

Revelation is prophetic and not limited to the fall of the Roman Empire which was the 6th head of the symbolic wild beast in Revelation 17:9,10 - the prophecy goes on to describe the 7th world power - the anglo-American world power and the 8 th king - do you know who/what the 8th king is?

Understanding the symbolism in Revelation requires in depth Bible study/research but the fact that Revelation 6:8 has been fulfilled concerning war and pestilence/plague has been fulfilled since 1914 (World War I) and the Spanish influenza pandemic in 1918.

Much simpler is the fact that man is ruining the earth in many ways and that God will soon bring to ruin those ruining the earth as foretold in Revelation I(Apocalypse) 11:18.

I am countering you.

Yes, and I am encountering you! I am a doubting Thomas type - I do not change my mind without proof - 1 Thess. 5:21 - Prove all things - KJV.

You may be correct - it might be impossible for you. I will not be convinced without proof - or "convincing evidence" as in Hebrews 11:1.

I am countering you.

Yes, and I am encountering you! I am a doubting Thomas type - I do not change my mind without proof - 1 Thess. 5:21 - Prove all things - KJV.

You may be correct - it might be impossible for you. I will not be convinced without proof - or "convincing evidence" as in Hebrews 11:1.
It’s not my job to convince you anymore than it is your job to convince me.

I have reasons for my beliefs. You have reasons for your beliefs.

You can share yours and I can share mine. I’m not a big fan of critical theory. I much prefer traditional theory. Arguing what something isn’t to validate what one believes without ever evaluating what one believes is no way to describe what something is. So I don’t do it. Now if you tell me what you believe and I am curious about the basis for that belief I may ask a few questions to understand your position.

That’s how I roll.

Forum List

Back