satracialgapfigure.gif
and the gap persists and is widest even at the lowest income levels

can't blame it on poverty

Last edited:
satracialgapfigure.gif

ok, that is unexpected.

at higher incomes i expected any gap to be nominal b/c i assumed that inner city schools just sucked to much.

actually, thinking about it, what are the percent of people that try to move up at different income levels?

cuz I'm thinking the further down the money list, the less likely you are to try

African immigrants out-graduate American Caucasians and Asians

Deep in your heart-of-darkness it is likely you’ve noticed the well-publicized and continuous failure of African-American K-12 students to read and write as well as ‘real’ people. You may well have made note of black youths’ statistically undeniable proclivity for gun violence, unrepentant fashion, and bad TV. If so, you may have also ascribed these socially inconvenient attributes to some type of unspeakable genetic code. If that is the case, do be careful not to reflect on these matters in mixed company, that is unless, you are a Hell’s Angels biker babe or a neo-Nazi skinhead. In the unicorn world we live in, free thought is a luxury we cannot afford when the price is offending someone or a protected species. Nonetheless, there certainly seems to be some correlation between atrocious academic performance and skin color. If sub-par ACT and SAT test scores are not affected by skin pigmentation, then perhaps urban zip codes are the culprit. Those of you who secretly believe that black folk can’t learn too good, and I have encountered several K-12 teachers that do, take a look the data on true Africans, who’ve immigrated to the United States.

According to U.S. Census Bureau data, in an analysis performed by the Journal of Blacks in Higher Education, African immigrants here were more likely to be college educated than any other immigrant group. Not only that, but African immigrants are also more highly educated than any other native-born ethnic group including white Americans. (Gasp) The 48.9% of all African immigrants that have earned a college degree is slightly higher than the percentage of degreed Asian immigrants, twice the rate of native-born whites, and four times the rate of native-born African Americans.

Of the African-born population in the United States age 25 and older, 86.4% reported having a high school diploma or higher, compared with 78. 9% of Asian-born immigrants, and 76.5% of European-born immigrants, respectively. These figures contrast with 61.8% percent of the total foreign-born population. Immigrantgroups in general tend to have higher high school graduation rates than the native-born general American population which averages about 70%.

Africans from Ghana (96.9 percent), Zimbabwe (96.7 percent), Botswana (95.5 percent), and Malawi (95 percent) were the most likely to report having a high school degree or higher. Those born in Cape Verde (44.8 percent) and Mauritania (60.8 percent) were the least likely to report having completed a high school education.

Of the European-born those born in Bulgaria (92.6 percent), Switzerland (90.5 percent), and Ireland (90.4 percent) were the most likely to report having a high school degree or higher. Those born in Portugal (42.9 percent), Italy (53.7 percent), and Greece (59.9 percent) were the least likely to report having completed a high school education.

Of the Asian-born, Mongolia (94.8 percent), Kuwait (94.7 percent), the United Arab Emirates (94.5 percent), and Qatar (94.3 percent) were most likely to report having a high school degree or higher. Those born in Laos (48.1 percent), Cambodia (48.4 percent), and Yemen (49.9 percent) were the least likely to report having completed a high school education.

It stands to reason, as few things do anymore, that the personal incomes of African immigrants exceeds that of African-Americans. When stationed in East Africa, I found Kenyans, Ugandans, and Congolese to be both intellectually competitive and highly industrious. Unfortunately the economies of these countries provide little occupational opportunity for their citizens, and that is why nearly 900,000 have left the Dark Continent to settle in the States. There were times that it felt like half of that number personally asked me to help them secure a visa to America.

The actionable point I am making here is that this anecdotal evidence refutes the insinuations in the Bell Curve and suggests very strongly that skin color is not a causal factor in the perpetuation of the black-white academic achievement gap.

If not, then uh, what is?

Deep in your heart-of-darkness it is likely you’ve noticed the well-publicized and continuous failure of African-American K-12 students to read and write as well as ‘real’ people. You may well have made note of black youths’ statistically undeniable proclivity for gun violence, unrepentant fashion, and bad TV. If so, you may have also ascribed these socially inconvenient attributes to some type of unspeakable genetic code. If that is the case, do be careful not to reflect on these matters in mixed company, that is unless, you are a Hell’s Angels biker babe or a neo-Nazi skinhead. In the unicorn world we live in, free thought is a luxury we cannot afford when the price is offending someone or a protected species. Nonetheless, there certainly seems to be some correlation between atrocious academic performance and skin color. If sub-par ACT and SAT test scores are not affected by skin pigmentation, then perhaps urban zip codes are the culprit. Those of you who secretly believe that black folk can’t learn too good, and I have encountered several K-12 teachers that do, take a look the data on true Africans, who’ve immigrated to the United States.

According to U.S. Census Bureau data, in an analysis performed by the Journal of Blacks in Higher Education, African immigrants here were more likely to be college educated than any other immigrant group. Not only that, but African immigrants are also more highly educated than any other native-born ethnic group including white Americans. (Gasp) The 48.9% of all African immigrants that have earned a college degree is slightly higher than the percentage of degreed Asian immigrants, twice the rate of native-born whites, and four times the rate of native-born African Americans.

Of the African-born population in the United States age 25 and older, 86.4% reported having a high school diploma or higher, compared with 78. 9% of Asian-born immigrants, and 76.5% of European-born immigrants, respectively. These figures contrast with 61.8% percent of the total foreign-born population. Immigrantgroups in general tend to have higher high school graduation rates than the native-born general American population which averages about 70%.

Africans from Ghana (96.9 percent), Zimbabwe (96.7 percent), Botswana (95.5 percent), and Malawi (95 percent) were the most likely to report having a high school degree or higher. Those born in Cape Verde (44.8 percent) and Mauritania (60.8 percent) were the least likely to report having completed a high school education.

Of the European-born those born in Bulgaria (92.6 percent), Switzerland (90.5 percent), and Ireland (90.4 percent) were the most likely to report having a high school degree or higher. Those born in Portugal (42.9 percent), Italy (53.7 percent), and Greece (59.9 percent) were the least likely to report having completed a high school education.

Of the Asian-born, Mongolia (94.8 percent), Kuwait (94.7 percent), the United Arab Emirates (94.5 percent), and Qatar (94.3 percent) were most likely to report having a high school degree or higher. Those born in Laos (48.1 percent), Cambodia (48.4 percent), and Yemen (49.9 percent) were the least likely to report having completed a high school education.

It stands to reason, as few things do anymore, that the personal incomes of African immigrants exceeds that of African-Americans. When stationed in East Africa, I found Kenyans, Ugandans, and Congolese to be both intellectually competitive and highly industrious. Unfortunately the economies of these countries provide little occupational opportunity for their citizens, and that is why nearly 900,000 have left the Dark Continent to settle in the States. There were times that it felt like half of that number personally asked me to help them secure a visa to America.

The actionable point I am making here is that this anecdotal evidence refutes the insinuations in the Bell Curve and suggests very strongly that skin color is not a causal factor in the perpetuation of the black-white academic achievement gap.

you would think they would build a paradise in africa instead of coming to the paradise the white man built for them

satracialgapfigure.gif

ok, that is unexpected.

at higher incomes i expected any gap to be nominal b/c i assumed that inner city schools just sucked to much.

actually, thinking about it, what are the percent of people that try to move up at different income levels?

cuz I'm thinking the further down the money list, the less likely you are to try

or...
the less you are able to move up b/c of low IQ

you would think they would build a paradise in africa instead of coming to the paradise the white man built for them
Wow! That bit of news must have stung huh? You totally changed the subject. :laugh:

satracialgapfigure.gif

ok, that is unexpected.

or...
Maybe its the admixture of european blood? African immigrants do better than everyone else.

satracialgapfigure.gif

ok, that is unexpected.

or...
Maybe its the admixture of european blood? African immigrants do better than everyone else.

they are part of your failing sub-group in this country.

are you saying african americans drag them down?

satracialgapfigure.gif

ok, that is unexpected.

or...

You said it was IQ.. African immigrants dont have white blood in them and we do. African immigrants outperform everyone. There is your only correlation. So is it the white boy in us?

satracialgapfigure.gif

ok, that is unexpected.

or...

You said it was IQ.. African immigrants dont have white blood in them and we do. African immigrants outperform everyone. There is your only correlation. So is it the white boy in us?

so you have nothing

thanks.......

ok, that is unexpected.

or...

so you have nothing

thanks.......
Cat got your tongue? :laugh:

Wow, the "paradise the white man built for them?" Really? Do me a favor and kindly never thank or agree with one of my posts. I'd just as soon not have my name associated with this level of ignorance...

Wow, the "paradise the white man built for them?" Really? Do me a favor and kindly never thank or agree with one of my posts. I'd just as soon not have my name associated with this level of ignorance...

request denied

thank you for your sanctimonious hypocrisy

satracialgapfigure.gif

I have been trying to trace that diagram to its source. I have not been able to. I have only found it on ideological websites with axes to grind. Do you have a website created by the College Board that includes that diagram? I suspect that it is accurate. Nevertheless, if I am going to be using it I want to be sure that it is authentic.

The Census Bureau study on African Immigrants out-graduating American Caucasians, Asians points to income as the main causal factor. Furthermore if you study the extraordinary success rate of Nigerians in college it points to strong cultural and familial influences. Asian Tiger Moms have nothing on the Nigerians! So it isn't about skin color, it's the color of money, your culture and your family that are the biggest determining factors. And of course my favorite statistic is a disadvantaged youth that just decides he or she is going to make it, and does.

John McCain graduated from the Naval Academy.

That's 894th of 899

That's liberals who are smart. Right wingers? Not so much.

Forum List

Back