The sad truth about the Obama Presidency

jeffrockit

Nov 16, 2008
Don't know where this quote came from but IMO it sums things up pretty well:

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The public can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Reminds me of the following quote:

When the Supreme Ruler of the universe wishes to destroy a nation, he takes away their wisdom in the first place, and they become insensible to their own interests, and they are filled with wrath; they give way to their anger, and thus lay the foundation of their own destruction. To him who seeks to save, he gives wisdom, which enables any people, nation, or individual to lay the foundation for strength, increase, and power. When we look abroad upon the nations, we can see this truth verified; and when we look at home in our own nation, it is no less verified. We see that wisdom is actually departing from the lawgiver, and the knowledge and the discretion the judge possessed years ago have vanished. We discern that the very policy adopted by the nations to fortify them in strength is calculated to sap their foundations. The axe is laid at the root of the tree, and all nations are filling up the cup of their guilt. (Journal of Discourses, 26 vols., 7:, p.11)

You stole that one from the left, but instead of George Bush you put Obama. :eusa_naughty:

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The public can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Yup.........but the Democratic Party has always depended upon the vote of the stupids to get people elected. A huge % of their party is made up of dummy robots who only go vote because some even stupider idiot calls them and tells them to go. Lots and lots of people will go out and vote when they think they're gonna get free stuff so they can keep sitting on their asses.

Yes Republicans...

It was not your ill concieved policies that threw the country into massive recession

It was stupid voters

And I thought it was the Democrats who were supposed to be the elitists... I mean really calling Democrats, moderates, independents, and a select few Republicans a "multitude of fools."

If only we could have the same "common sense and good judgement" that had Bush elected twice we could most certainly have our nation cripled and ruined in another 8 years.

Last edited:
The respect for the representative democracy our founders left us is underwhelming on the right.

Yup.........but the Democratic Party has always depended upon the vote of the stupids to get people elected. A huge % of their party is made up of dummy robots who only go vote because some even stupider idiot calls them and tells them to go. Lots and lots of people will go out and vote when they think they're gonna get free stuff so they can keep sitting on their asses.

Yeah, except that no it hasn't. Intelligence and propensity toward conservatism are inversely related. The more intelligent one is, the higher the likelyhood towards liberalism. It's a fact; Not one that can be proven in any quantifiable way, but it's a long accepted truth in politics.

Don't get me wrong, there are some dumb ass liberals out there. But as a group, the conservatives are the dimmer bunch.

Well Cuyo.

If you support this HC bill. Your not to bright in my book and I'm an Indi.

The respect for the representative democracy our founders left us is underwhelming on the right.

And zero on the left unless a radical leftist is in charge .........

We have never had a radical leftist in the office you asswink.

Hell you Idiots called Libeman a radical leftist when he ran.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Americans vote, you dont have to like the results.

You see you are not the king.

You are one voter and your ideas FAILED.

The American people saw them fail and dont like them anymore.

This is why you and your party have nothing but lies left.

Obama is what the American people voted for and once the LIES you idiots spewed about EVERYTHING are beaten down for the lies they are your party will be dead.

Thanks to resorting to nothing but lies because lies are easy to proove false.

Well Cuyo.

If you support this HC bill. Your not to bright in my book and I'm an Indi.

Not to sound "elitist" or whatever term they're using these days to demonize education, but I'm actually exceedingly bright.

To state that anyone who supports the reform is not bright is ignorant and counter-productive. Do you think Barack is not bright? Say what you will about his politics, but I guarantee he's smarter than anyone on this board, you and myself included.

Yeah, except that no it hasn't. Intelligence and propensity toward conservatism are inversely related. The more intelligent one is, the higher the likelyhood towards liberalism. It's a fact; Not one that can be proven in any quantifiable way, but it's a long accepted truth in politics.

Don't get me wrong, there are some dumb ass liberals out there. But as a group, the conservatives are the dimmer bunch.
cant be measured? republican districts average lower levels of income and education than democrat districts. while the converse was the case in the 80s, it is a certainty now.

on to less measurable signals is the hysterical rhetoric of neo-conservative campaigning, their pundits, and political entertainment, compared to the more centrist position which liberal politics has moved in the last 20-25 years.

Obama is what the American people voted for and once the LIES you idiots spewed about EVERYTHING are beaten down for the lies they are your party will be dead.

LOL, "Radical Leftist." We never had anything close to that.

Barry is actually a very moderate Democrat, drawing jeers from a lot of his base for being too moderate.

Radical, puh-leeze. Kucinich was the most liberal candidate, and even he could not aptly be described as "Radical."

cant be measured? republican districts average lower levels of income and education than democrat districts. while the converse was the case in the 80s, it is a certainty now.

on to less measurable signals is the hysterical rhetoric of neo-conservative campaigning, their pundits, and political entertainment, compared to the more centrist position which liberal politics has moved in the last 20-25 years.

Meh, I was trying to show good faith. You're actually correct, it's quite measurable. But they'll never accept the measurement methodology, they'll claim it's biased and run by Academics and Academics are part of the vast left wing conspiracy or some such noise.

Excellent post.

I voted for Obama, my venom comes from his lies, not anyone elses. This administration and dem controlled congress are so outrageous, i'll never vote democrat again. With them having had a super majority, we now know what they REALLY are and stand for. The slaughter is coming in November, my vote included .......

Forum List

Back