The Rise and Fall of Conservatism in Michigan

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
This is another of those essays where I debated which forum to place it in- it references, race, education, ethnicity, politics and religion-
It leads to Current Events-

Personally, I'm a little surprised at what the essay describes about Hillsdale College- I can't say what the truth is one way or another having never been there-

There are many passages in the essay (7100 words) to entice reading- but, I know how reading is detesting to everyone who knows everything about everything there is to know about everything feeling they know everything about anything- so, I'll just post this little snippet

Thirty years ago, almost to the day, I spoke at Hillsdale College, the bastion of conservative academic thought nestled in the woods and hills of southern Michigan. My speech took place one year after the fall of the Berlin Wall and one year before the collapse of the Soviet Union, at what we can say with hindsight was the high noon of the conservative era in American history. As the English conservative William Wordsworth put it when he was a young and enthusiastic supporter of the French Revolution: “Bliss it was in that dawn to be alive, but to be young was very heaven.”

The Rise and Fall of Conservatism in Michigan

As is my wont, I like reading comments- a lot can be gained from informed people- unlike the many here who are like the previously mentioned.

Conservatism is gone in Michigan, but I wouldn’t call the existing animal ‘liberal’ either.

Both conservatism and liberalism failed. Nothing is conserved, and there is less and less liberty.

There is only controllism, commandism, decreeism, and concentrationism.

And instead of ideology, which demands consistency in thought flowing from a certain premise, there is only idolatry of the holy three: Jews, blacks, and homos.

After all, if indeed ‘leftist egalitarianism’ beat ‘hierarchical conservatism’, something should be done about the concentration of wealth and power in Jewish Hands. But nothing is done. Also, one of the most suppressed movements in the US is BDS, which calls for justice for Palestinian underdogs. So much for leftism!

It’s all just gangster-fascism now. For truth and justice, we need honest humanist fascism.

It’s all just gangster-fascism now. For truth and justice, we need honest humanist fascism.
People are fascists, and fascism is the solution to the problem of fascism? How is that?
Don't tell me staunch Christian conserative Michiganders went in for an abortion and they aren't conservative anymore. Sauce for the goose and all that. But guns are banned, and it’s cruelty to animals.

• Banned
People are fascists, and fascism is the solution to the problem of fascism? How is that?
Don't tell me staunch Christian conserative Michiganders went in for an abortion and they aren't conservative anymore. Sauce for the goose and all that. But guns are banned, and it’s cruelty to animals.
Did you read the article? Looks like you're only questioning a commenter I posted- and I don't see how you arrived at your questions-

Replacing democracy with emergency managers was what the GOP was all about in Michigan

Let's not forget that an "emergency manager" is just another word for DICTATOR, and that anyone who supports such a form of government is 100% a worthless traitor

Forum List

Back