The Right’s Violence Problem

They didn’t make a big deal about it being a hate crime when Muslims shoot people because they don’t want you guys attacking Muslims in retaliation.

Blacks won’t retaliate for the ten dead this weekend. Maybe.
'Cause everyone is better than white people
The early would be at peace if only there were no whites

You are the THIRD fool to conflate everday murders with murders motivated by political extremism.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Did you actually think the ADL is saying there have only been 450 murders in the US in the past ten years? You are actually THAT retarded?!?!?

Nothing is wrong with them. They understand exactly what you are saying and resorting to their well practiced set of deflection tactics.

Hence, this thread?
This thread is specific, and that's one thing. I haven't read every post, but if the OP says that there is no violence from the Left, then I'll have a problem with that. If I start a thread criticizing one side about something specific, I'm not automatically asserting that the other side is blameless.

What I see (here and elsewhere) all the time is a specific point made by Side A about Side B, and Side B's response being a deflection, a pivot, and an attack -- rather than just focusing on the point. "Gee, I don't see a thing, but what about YOU" is a pretty common tactic.

I can't think of one issue on which either end is pristine, and I don't get why we're so afraid to just admit that.

'Cause everyone is better than white people
The early would be at peace if only there were no whites
Nonsense. I'm white. I'm just a pure bred Greek so I'm not as white as most of you. Most of you are mutts mixed between everything from Arabs to Mexicans.

That's what you idiots don't realize. Mexicans will never take over America. They will assimilate in with the rest of us. When a Mexican marries a German, their kid is white. And will become part of the white population. When an Arab American marries a Mexican, their kid becomes a white American.

Look at most of you right wing conservative Republicans. So many of you are SOOOO proud you have a little indian in your lineage. God if I had a nickle for every Republican who told me they had some Souix in them. LOL. What are those people with some indian in them called today? They're whites you dumb fuck.

The Right’s Violence Problem​

Over the past decade, the Anti-Defamation League has counted about 450 U.S. murders committed by political extremists.

Of these 450 killings, right-wing extremists committed about 75 percent. Islamic extremists were responsible for about 20 percent, and left-wing extremists were responsible for 4 percent.

Nearly half of the murders were specifically tied to white supremacists.

[snip]

It’s important to emphasize that not all extremist violence comes from the right — and that the precise explanation for any one attack can be murky, involving a mixture of ideology, mental illness, gun access and more. In the immediate aftermath of an attack, people are sometimes too quick to claim a direct cause and effect. But it is also incorrect to pretend that right-wing violence and left-wing violence are equivalent problems.

[snip]

If you talk to members of Congress and their aides these days — especially off the record — you will often hear them mention their fears of violence being committed against them.

Some Republican members of Congress have said that they were reluctant to vote for Trump’s impeachment or conviction partly because of the threats against other members who had already denounced him. House Republicans who voted for President Biden’s infrastructure bill also received threats. Democrats say their offices receive a spike in phone calls and online messages threatening violence after they are criticized on conservative social media or cable television shows.

People who oversee elections report similar problems. “One in six election officials have experienced threats because of their job,” the Brennan Center, a research group, reported this year. “Ranging from death threats that name officials’ young children to racist and gendered harassment, these attacks have forced election officials across the country to take steps like hiring personal security, fleeing their homes, and putting their children into counseling.”

[snip]

At the rally that preceded the Jan. 6 attack, Representative Mo Brooks suggested the crowd should “start taking down names and kicking ass.” Before she was elected to Congress, Marjorie Taylor Greene supported the idea of executing Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi and other top Democrats. Representative Paul Gosar once posted an animated video altered to depict himself killing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and swinging swords at Biden.

[snip]

There is often overlap between these violent threats and white supremacist beliefs. White supremacy tends to treat people of color as un-American or even less than fully human, views that can make violence seem justifiable. The suspect in the Buffalo massacre evidently posted an online manifesto that discussed replacement theory, a racial conspiracy theory that Tucker Carlson promotes on his Fox News show.

It is far past time for Republican leadership to shut down the violent and ignorant rhetoric coming from their ranks. As Liz Cheney says, "“History has taught us that what begins with words ends in far worse."
You people are crazy . Go burn a flag , throw rocks at a cop , smash a statue , or punch a whitey.and you lie about everything.

According to Cons no one died during the insurrection. Maybe these 25 people also committed suicide, died of natural causes or had heart attacks too. Prove they were murdered by lefties.

You do know Quanon was at every BLM event right? You guys pretended ANTIFA started the insurrection but that was a lie. What isn't a lie is the right murdered a lot of people during those BLM rallies.

I can't think of one issue on which either end is pristine, and I don't get why we're so afraid to just admit that.

The first time I read Thus Spoke Zarasthrustra, I thought of the Ultimate-man as representing the drudgery of having no accomplishment left to achieve. But as time went on I began to understand that Nietszche's real condemnation was against the abandonment of ambition. That seems to be the problem in my view. Too many people would rather spend their day blinking, enjoy their little dose of poison for a pleasant night, and finally their large dose for a pleasant end.

This thread is specific, and that's one thing. I haven't read every post, but if the OP says that there is no violence from the Left, then I'll have a problem with that. If I start a thread criticizing one side about something specific, I'm not automatically asserting that the other side is blameless.

What I see (here and elsewhere) all the time is a specific point made by Side A about Side B, and Side B's response being a deflection, a pivot, and an attack -- rather than just focusing on the point. "Gee, I don't see a thing, but what about YOU" is a pretty common tactic.

We are pristine on abortion. A woman should have the right. The Supreme's are imposing their religious bullshit on the rest of us. There are good reasons women get late term abortions. No one gets them just because. If they did, then outlaw that. But 99.9% of the late term abortions I've heard of, I'd do it too. I shouldn't have to raise and take care of a really really retarded baby.

The Right’s Violence Problem

Over the past decade, the Anti-Defamation League has counted about 450 U.S. murders committed by political extremists.

Of these 450 killings, right-wing extremists committed about 75 percent. Islamic extremists were responsible for about 20 percent, and left-wing extremists were responsible for 4 percent.

Nearly half of the murders were specifically tied to white supremacists.

[snip]

It’s important to emphasize that not all extremist violence comes from the right — and that the precise explanation for any one attack can be murky, involving a mixture of ideology, mental illness, gun access and more. In the immediate aftermath of an attack, people are sometimes too quick to claim a direct cause and effect. But it is also incorrect to pretend that right-wing violence and left-wing violence are equivalent problems.

[snip]

If you talk to members of Congress and their aides these days — especially off the record — you will often hear them mention their fears of violence being committed against them.

Some Republican members of Congress have said that they were reluctant to vote for Trump’s impeachment or conviction partly because of the threats against other members who had already denounced him. House Republicans who voted for President Biden’s infrastructure bill also received threats. Democrats say their offices receive a spike in phone calls and online messages threatening violence after they are criticized on conservative social media or cable television shows.

People who oversee elections report similar problems. “One in six election officials have experienced threats because of their job,” the Brennan Center, a research group, reported this year. “Ranging from death threats that name officials’ young children to racist and gendered harassment, these attacks have forced election officials across the country to take steps like hiring personal security, fleeing their homes, and putting their children into counseling.”

[snip]

At the rally that preceded the Jan. 6 attack, Representative Mo Brooks suggested the crowd should “start taking down names and kicking ass.” Before she was elected to Congress, Marjorie Taylor Greene supported the idea of executing Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi and other top Democrats. Representative Paul Gosar once posted an animated video altered to depict himself killing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and swinging swords at Biden.

[snip]

There is often overlap between these violent threats and white supremacist beliefs. White supremacy tends to treat people of color as un-American or even less than fully human, views that can make violence seem justifiable. The suspect in the Buffalo massacre evidently posted an online manifesto that discussed replacement theory, a racial conspiracy theory that Tucker Carlson promotes on his Fox News show.

It is far past time for Republican leadership to shut down the violent and ignorant rhetoric coming from their ranks. As Liz Cheney says, "“History has taught us that what begins with words ends in far worse."
True.

Its not a surprise, or shouldn't be anyway, that one of the gun nuts asks during a town hall, "when do we get to shoot people" (or something close to that anyway).

It says very plainly in the OP: Of these 450 killings, right-wing extremists committed about 75 percent. Islamic extremists were responsible for about 20 percent, and left-wing extremists were responsible for 4 percent.

lsnip]

In one post, from January 2019, Greene liked a comment that said "a bullet to the head would be quicker" to remove House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. In other posts, Greene liked comments about executing FBI agents who, in her eyes, were part of the "deep state" working against Trump.

In one Facebook post from April 2018, Greene wrote conspiratorially about the Iran Deal, one of former President Barack Obama's signature foreign policy achievements. A commenter asked Greene, "Now do we get to hang them ?? Meaning H & O ???," referring to Obama and Hillary Clinton.

Greene replied, "Stage is being set. Players are being put in place. We must be patient. This must be done perfectly or liberal judges would let them off."

Among other comments made by Greene before she was elected unopposed in Georgia’s 14th district last year include: the 9/11 attacks were a US government operation; the Parkland school shooting was staged; and Clinton and her aide Huma Abedin sexually assaulted and murdered a child, drank their blood, cut their face off and wore it as a mask.

There is something in the water in Georgia which is severely retarding the voters.

Forum List

Back