The Right to Self-Defense

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Defending Ourselves
By Diana West, Washington Times
March 30, 2007

Quick -- somebody promote Lt. Cmdr. Erik Horner for good instincts. "We not only have a right to self-defense but also an obligation to self-defense," the second-in-command officer of the USS Underwood said, referring to the surrender by 15 British sailors in Iraqi waters to Iranian forces last week. "[The British] had every right to defend themselves rather than allow themselves to be taken. Our reaction was, 'Why didn't you guys defend yourselves?' "

for full article:
http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20070329-084338-3824r.htm

When Iranians took hostages back during the Carter adminstration and Raygun got them out by giving Iranians lots of weapons. The worst the hostages suffered was having their shorts snapped. Compare that to Abu Grahib.

These British soldiers will go home and the worst that will have happened to them is that they weren't allowed to watch Debbie Does Tehran. Compare that to Gitmo.

All Iran wants Britian to do is to eat it and admit they were in Iran's terroritory and the 15 can go home. But Blair has too much pride.

This little circus is nothing more than a battle of egos.

When Iranians took hostages back during the Carter adminstration and Raygun got them out by giving Iranians lots of weapons. The worst the hostages suffered was having their shorts snapped. Compare that to Abu Grahib.

These British soldiers will go home and the worst that will have happened to them is that they weren't allowed to watch Debbie Does Tehran. Compare that to Gitmo.

All Iran wants Britian to do is to eat it and admit they were in Iran's terroritory and the 15 can go home. But Blair has too much pride.

This little circus is nothing more than a battle of egos.

The 'UK' has to much fucking pride pal.If they harm one hair on any of our lads' heads we will obliterate the bastards, I sincerely hope.Fuck those idiots, they should know better than to fuck with us.

The 'UK' has to much fucking pride pal.If they harm one hair on any of our lads' heads we will obliterate the bastards, I sincerely hope.Fuck those idiots, they should know better than to fuck with us.

You Brits lost your pride when you kissed Bush's ass, one can't go any lower than except for Republicans and they are lower than a hooker; at least with a hooker you know what she's in it for.

You Brits lost your pride when you kissed Bush's ass, one can't go any lower than except for Republicans and they are lower than a hooker; at least with a hooker you know what she's in it for.

With that one post you have gone from 'I don't know who you are' to 'I couldn't give a fuck who you are'.

This sounds like a typical, knee-jerk reaction from somebody who has never actually had the pleasure himself of dodging and ducking enemy fire or of staring down the muzzles of enemy rifles.

Surrender is not always a form of weakness. If you die resisting when you could have stayed alive longer to possibly fight another day then you are useless.

You don't know all the circumstances here so your armchair warrior second guessing is cute but pointless.

Let me guess....you've watched your share of action movies where the hero disarms five of his captors of their locked and loaded automatic weapons and kicks all their asses without suffering even a scratch and then escapes!

Reality never works like that.

This sounds like a typical, knee-jerk reaction from somebody who has never actually had the pleasure himself of dodging and ducking enemy fire or of staring down the muzzles of enemy rifles.

Surrender is not always a form of weakness. If you die resisting when you could have stayed alive longer to possibly fight another day then you are useless.

You don't know all the circumstances here so your armchair warrior second guessing is cute but pointless.

Let me guess....you've watched your share of action movies where the hero disarms five of his captors of their locked and loaded automatic weapons and kicks all their asses without suffering even a scratch and then escapes!

An officer in that situation would be crucified (post-violent death) for needlessly sacrificing the lives of his sailors. The Brits were entirely out-gunned, out-manned with no escape options (they're at sea, DUH!). Further, operational gaps like the missing helo coverage are not the fault of the 15 smiling idiots (dealing with known sociopaths and religious zealots in the Iranian leadership, not rational actors like in the old Soviet Union or China), but the British Navy mid-grade and senior commanders.

Pride isn't a good thing. Humility is. Pride always comes before the fall.

BTW can you please actually contribute to the thread rather than just insulting people?

An officer in that situation would be crucified (post-violent death) for needlessly sacrificing the lives of his sailors. The Brits were entirely out-gunned, out-manned with no escape options (they're at sea, DUH!). Further, operational gaps like the missing helo coverage are not the fault of the 15 smiling idiots (dealing with known sociopaths and religious zealots in the Iranian leadership, not rational actors like in the old Soviet Union or China), but the British Navy mid-grade and senior commanders.

If I were the Brits Id seriously be considering ways to improve naval capabilities in case Iran tries to pull the same situation again.

Defending Ourselves
By Diana West, Washington Times
March 30, 2007

Quick -- somebody promote Lt. Cmdr. Erik Horner for good instincts. "We not only have a right to self-defense but also an obligation to self-defense," the second-in-command officer of the USS Underwood said, referring to the surrender by 15 British sailors in Iraqi waters to Iranian forces last week. "[The British] had every right to defend themselves rather than allow themselves to be taken. Our reaction was, 'Why didn't you guys defend yourselves?' "

for full article:
http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20070329-084338-3824r.htm

The right to self-defense pretty much depends on what the Jews will allow. Israel, of course, has a "right to defend herself." The U.S. and UK have a right to defend "themselves" against Arab/Muslims/etc. But Diana West and the Washington Times would never defend the right of whites to defend themselves as a people. So count me underwhelmed by this chest-thumping. I'm not threatened by the Iranian navy. I'm threatened by the blacks in the housing projects of the cities of the country I call home. I'm threatened by the Mexican invasion of illegals who loiter in the parking lots and file bogus lawsuits in my courts and march through the streets with Mexican flags telling me "gringo get out." But I can't defend myself against them. It would be called a 'hate crime,' and my own government would put ME in jail.

Some of you fucking idiots obviously have a problem distinguishing between self defense and suicide.

One of Hitlers main reasons for losing to the Russians is he wouldnt listen to his Generals and insisted that the Germans never retreat or surrender. It led to the needless massacre of many troops who could have lived to fight another day.

GEE dont WHIZ on me.....The Brits werent in Iranian territory.

The right to self-defense pretty much depends on what the Jews will allow. Israel, of course, has a "right to defend herself." The U.S. and UK have a right to defend "themselves" against Arab/Muslims/etc. But Diana West and the Washington Times would never defend the right of whites to defend themselves as a people. So count me underwhelmed by this chest-thumping. I'm not threatened by the Iranian navy. I'm threatened by the blacks in the housing projects of the cities of the country I call home. I'm threatened by the Mexican invasion of illegals who loiter in the parking lots and file bogus lawsuits in my courts and march through the streets with Mexican flags telling me "gringo get out." But I can't defend myself against them. It would be called a 'hate crime,' and my own government would put ME in jail.

I dont understand. Im a white guy, and always have been. I have never had a problem defending myself. It must be something else about you that prevents you from defending yourself.

New Topics

Forum List

Back