"The Right Stuff"

fncceo

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2016
Released in 1983, a semi-accurate portrayal of both the Bell X-1 Supersonic Project with Chuck Yeager and the Mercury Space Program ... this movie bleeds testosterone. If your wife sits to close to the DVD she will get pregnant.

This movie makes "Top Gun" look like a chick-flick.

It should have won best picture.

Siskel and Ebert thought it was one of the best pictures of the decade.

The men were competing against each other as this was a very dangerous undertaking into a new area for piloting this time basically riding a missile thus strong brave men were needed.

===

"....this movie bleeds testosterone. If your wife sits to close to the DVD she will get pregnant."

:auiqs.jpg:

Released in 1983, a semi-accurate portrayal of both the Bell X-1 Supersonic Project with Chuck Yeager and the Mercury Space Program ... this movie bleeds testosterone. If your wife sits to close to the DVD she will get pregnant.

This movie makes "Top Gun" look like a chick-flick.

Great book by Tom Wolfe, who also wrote The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test, another good read.

I hear the series on Disney is just okay, but fuck Disney. I hate what they've become when it comes to television and movies.

Great book by Tom Wolfe, who also wrote The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test, another good read.

I hear the series on Disney is just okay, but fuck Disney. I hate what they've become when it comes to television and movies.

I read "The Right Stuff" on my last sub patrol in 1981. It couldn't put it down. I was really excited when I heard it was going to be a movie. I actually wasn't disappointed. The movie was fairly true to the book and Bill Conti score is phenomenal. I own the soundtrack on vinyl and it's on my phone.

Beeman's chewing gum available on amazon...

Screenshot_20220629-183603-346.png

Amazon product

Just helpin' y'all out...

Beeman's was still on the market in 1963 when Yeager had his F-104 crash... it wasn't taken off the market until 1978.

It was re-introduced in 2019.

Beeman's was still on the market in 1963 when Yeager had his F-104 crash... it wasn't taken off the market until 1978.

It was re-introduced in 2019.

You made me look this up because I swear I was chewing Beeman's back in the '80s...

In 1985 the brand was revived in a nostalgia campaign (along with Clove and Black Jack) as an ordinary chewing gum without the medical claims (they originally claimed the gum contained pepsin powder that would improve digestion). They announced in 2015 that they were going to discontinue making all three, but they were brought back in 2019 due to a steady demand.

(Thank you Wikipedia)

You made me look this up because I swear I was chewing Beeman's back in the '80s...

In 1985 the brand was revived in a nostalgia campaign (along with Clove and Black Jack) as an ordinary chewing gum without the medical claims (they originally claimed the gum contained pepsin powder that would improve digestion). They announced in 2015 that they were going to discontinue making all three, but they were brought back in 2019 due to a steady demand.

(Thank you Wikipedia)

I stand corrected ...

"Sir? Over there... is that a man?" "Yeah, you're damned right it is!"

I read "The Right Stuff" on my last sub patrol in 1981. It couldn't put it down. I was really excited when I heard it was going to be a movie. I actually wasn't disappointed. The movie was fairly true to the book and Bill Conti score is phenomenal. I own the soundtrack on vinyl and it's on my phone.
Wow! I read "The Right Stuff" on my sub patrol in 1980! I found a copy in the boat's library!

Disney has officially cancelled the series after one season. Not gay enough.

Lucky for him, Chuck became a Sierra Hotel test pilot and not an actor ...

Forum List

Back