The ridiculous of skateboarding at the Olympics

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
Yeah, they put skateboarding in the Olympics.

And guess what. Children are wiping the board.

Japan have won 3 golds, one silver and one bronze
Brazil two silver
The UK and US one bronze each

Winners of gold are 19 years old, 22 years old and 13 years old
Winners of silver are 12 years old, 27 years old and 13 years old
Winners of bronze are 13 years old, 20 years old and 16 years old.

That 4 medal out of 9 so far have been won by 12 and 13 years olds shows that it was a bit ridiculous.

why? have you ever seen these kids do their stuff? why does age matter to you like this..they have talent and work at their sport.

dont worry they rarely pass the drug test....like snowboarders...

stop being a damn boomer

I don't have a problem with skateboarding in the olympics. I just thought you had to be 16 to compete these days. Guess I was wrong.

Brazil two silver

That 4 medal out of 9 so far have been won by 12 and 13 years olds shows that it was a bit ridiculous.

How is that any different that gymnastics which is dominated by teenagers, especially on the woman’s side?

why? have you ever seen these kids do their stuff? why does age matter to you like this..they have talent and work at their sport.

dont worry they rarely pass the drug test....like snowboarders...

stop being a damn boomer

The reality is there are many sports that don't get into the Olympics.

Wrestling, Taekwondo and Pentathlon are, apparently under threat. Cricket doesn't get into the Olympics, full Rugby Union (and Rugby League). Things like Wushu, Soft Tennis, Sepaktakraw, Kabaddi that get in the Asian games, Basque Pelota, Bowling, Raquetball, Roller Hockey and the like at the South American games.

Why Skateboarding? And why are so many of them kids? Because hardly anyone does skateboarding after the age of 14?

Traditionally, Olympic sports were done in the nude.

dude you are still a perv...even at 16....i keep telling ya...18 is the magic number
Bones, this is the upstairs and nothing I wrote is perverted nor did it warrant that type of response from you!

Now maybe you should stick to the topic about how kids are winning medals and how age should be regulated to the age of sixteen to enter the Olympics!

I'd like to know when they'll put Football into the olympics. A lot more of a following to the gridiron that skateboarding.

i just dont understand why age would matter in sporting events like skateboardings or snowboarding...the kids have the bodies and the nerve to perform

i dont know about your region but we have adult skaters and boarders...my neighbor is 40 ish and a snowboard instructor...

stop tossing out myths about the sports you dont care for

Much respect to Tony Hawk for bringing skateboarding such a long way......and also to the Alva brothers going all the way back to the 70's

and newsflash.......kids around the world kinda like to skateboard.....a lot....stop whining so much

Brazil two silver

I do think there should be a minimum age limit for olympians. Sixteen y/o seems to be a good limit.

I'm not sure that makes it ridiculous unless you think it's "ridiculous" that a youth can be more proficient than an adult at a sport..

Sports that depend on judging always seem to have an aspect that is somewhat not as "real" as scoring more goals or baskets than your opponent. Torvil and Dean were robbed at least twice. Supposedly Christopher Dean is a bit of an a-hole and it translated into the judging.

I do think there should be a minimum age limit for olympians. Sixteen y/o seems to be a good limit.

I'm not sure that makes it ridiculous unless you think it's "ridiculous" that a youth can be more proficient than an adult at a sport..

Sports that depend on judging always seem to have an aspect that is somewhat not as "real" as scoring more goals or baskets than your opponent. Torvil and Dean were robbed at least twice. Supposedly Christopher Dean is a bit of an a-hole and it translated into the judging.

I'm not sure young people are more proficient than adults at this sport. I think adults just don't do this sport. I mean, of course they do, I see adults skateboarding. I saw a dude with a skateboard the other day.

But I just think that not many people actually do skateboarding at a competitive level. It's like having the Olympic sport of being in the Cub Scouts or something.

I'm not sure young people are more proficient than adults at this sport. I think adults just don't do this sport. I mean, of course they do, I see adults skateboarding. I saw a dude with a skateboard the other day.

But I just think that not many people actually do skateboarding at a competitive level. It's like having the Olympic sport of being in the Cub Scouts or something.

Yeah, it's a sport in its infancy...do you think (I don't know many skateboarders) Tony Hawk could have medaled if he was like 15 years younger...? Just curious.

Forum List

Back