The Rev. Joseph Lowery, a legendary leader in America's civil rights movement who spoke at President Obama's 2008 inauguration, died Friday at age 98

goodbye you legend!

"yellow can be mellow," "brown can stick around," and "white can embrace what's right"

Good riddance the so called civil rights laws were a huge mistake that has done incalcuable damage to America.

The only bigger mistake was giving the colored folk the right to vote.

The only bigger mistake than that was not following Lincoln's desire to send them back to dere mudderland after he ended slavery.

Troll bait

Lowery was a racial divider

goodbye you legend!

"yellow can be mellow," "brown can stick around," and "white can embrace what's right"

Here's what I want to do... Open a new thread, with the same title and content, only make a poll "Have you ever heard of Joseph Lowery?" Yes or no.

I'm always amazed by how left-wingers proclaim themselves legendary, and leaders, and it's always someone I've never heard of.

Legendary to whom? A leader who whom?

Here's what I want to do... Open a new thread, with the same title and content, only make a poll "Have you ever heard of Joseph Lowery?" Yes or no.

I'm always amazed by how left-wingers proclaim themselves legendary, and leaders, and it's always someone I've never heard of.

Perhaps you never heard of him because you are truly ignorant of the Civil Rights Movement?

Nothing very shameful in that. Most Americans are rather indifferent to all that “old history.” In recent years he was mainly only remembered by, and served as inspiration to, middle class African Americans. He also wasn’t a famous ... game show host.

Last edited:
goodbye you legend!

If you watched Obama's 2008 inauguration, you would have known him. if you paid attention to accomplished black thinkers and pastors, you would have known him.

but you're too much of a racist partisan hack to do that, arent ya!

goodbye you legend!

I think he created the funding machine that got MLK to say democrat taking points “ hey mlk say this shit and you will get paid$$$$”

goodbye you legend!

If you watched Obama's 2008 inauguration, you would have known him. if you paid attention to accomplished black thinkers and pastors, you would have known him.

I've never watched any inauguration, of any president. I guess I'm racists against whites, huh?

And as far as accomplished black thinkers.... Thomas Sowell, Larry Elder, Clarence Thomas, Walter E Williams, and so on.

Compared to any of those, what has this no-name done?

goodbye you legend!

I've never watched any inauguration, of any president. I guess I'm racists against whites, huh?

And as far as accomplished black thinkers.... Thomas Sowell, Larry Elder, Clarence Thomas, Walter E Williams, and so on.

worked with MLK. that is more impressive than all those folks you mentioned COMBINED.

i noticed you didnt name Diamond And Silk among those conservative folks. SEXIST!

goodbye you legend!

Good riddance the so called civil rights laws were a huge mistake that has done incalcuable damage to America.

The only bigger mistake than that was not following Lincoln's desire to send them back to dere mudderland after he ended slavery.

Why don't you move to Siberia, it's lily white and there are no black folks there.

goodbye you legend!

That is the conservative position

......and these idiots wonder why black folks don't vote republican.

goodbye you legend!

worked with MLK. that is more impressive than all those folks you mentioned COMBINED.

i noticed you didnt name Diamond And Silk among those conservative folks. SEXIST!

Obviously, to anyone not an idiot, it would be impossible to list every single black person that accomplished something.

However, what did MLK, or this guy, actually accomplished?

You do understand the difference between an actual accomplishment, and protesting, right?

When you look at the poverty, the crime, and the break down of families today in the black community, and compare it to how blacks lived in the 1950s and 1960s, to suggest they are better off, is actually a pretty hard argument to make.

In a lot of ways, there is more racism, more hatred, more murders of blacks by blacks, more crimes committed by blacks and thus more blacks in prison, more broken black families.....

What exactly do you think MLK, or this guy, actually accomplish? Let's hear how much better off they are. Let's hear what great improvements they have accomplished.

And they did actually accomplish so much, why are they still protesting constantly? If things are so much worse off now, that we have waves of protests across the country, Baltimore, Chicago, New York, and so on.... then do tell... what did MLK and Lowery do?

As for Diamond and Silk, I don't comment on people I have no idea about. Just like I've only asked you, what accomplishment has Lowery done?

I know nothing about Diamond and Silk, nor am I obligated to, just because some know-nothing left wing nut job says I'm sexist.

I know about the people I know about. I've read nearly every book Thomas Sowell wrote, and several from the others I've mentioned, plus watch uncountable videos from all of them. These people are both brilliant, and have actually accomplished things. More so, than any left-winger you have mentioned, ever has.

goodbye you legend!

They do though. I know a dozen that do. Only the ones still trapped in the mental illness of left-wing ideology, still vote Democrat. Granted that's the majority of black people, but it's not all of them, not by a long shot.

goodbye you legend!

They do though. I know a dozen that do. Only the ones still trapped in the mental illness of left-wing ideology, still vote Democrat. Granted that's the majority of black people, but it's not all of them, not by a long shot.

So that is a dozen out of how many black folks in America.

goodbye you legend!

Right, I don't think that black people are slaves to Democrats, as much as they were in the past.

Again... still a bunch of mindless robots working the plantation for Democrats, I get it. Slavery to Democrats is alive and well in America.

But not nearly as much as the past. I mean, 15 years ago, I didn't know a single Black person anywhere that did not hate Republicans, let alone vote for them.

Now.... not quite as uncommon.

goodbye you legend!

That was Lincoln's position

goodbye you legend!

Right, I don't think that black people are slaves to Democrats, as much as they were in the past.

Again... still a bunch of mindless robots working the plantation for Democrats, I get it. Slavery to Democrats is alive and well in America.

But not nearly as much as the past. I mean, 15 years ago, I didn't know a single Black person anywhere that did not hate Republicans, let alone vote for them.

Now.... not quite as uncommon.

Funny how you leave out the simple fact that black folks were mainly republicans at one point, why did that change?

Why should black folks support a party that is openly racist against them?

goodbye you legend!

Troll bait

You probably think Peterson is a great man.

goodbye you legend!

That was Lincoln's position

That also was the position of the republican party at the time.

goodbye you legend!

Troll bait

You probably think Peterson is a great man.

I dont know which Peterson you are referring to

Forum List

Back