The Rescue Plan- it ain't your money- godvernment wants its cut! <<<< MY OPINION

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Congress and Biden just agreed to spend $1.9 trillion the country doesn't have, but don't you dare forget to pay taxes on the few hundred bucks you made selling your old junk on eBay.

Buried inside the 600-page bill that's ostensibly meant to provide pandemic relief is a provision requiring gig economy platforms to report information to the IRS about all users who earn at least $600 in a year.

Biden's 'Rescue Plan' Will Sic the IRS on Anyone Who Earns $600 in the Gig Economy
What does this have to do with the pandemic? Nothing.

Congress and Biden just agreed to spend $1.9 trillion the country doesn't have, but don't you dare forget to pay taxes on the few hundred bucks you made selling your old junk on eBay.
Buried inside the 600-page bill that's ostensibly meant to provide pandemic relief is a provision requiring gig economy platforms to report information to the IRS about all users who earn at least $600 in a year. Biden's 'Rescue Plan' Will Sic the IRS on Anyone Who Earns $600 in the Gig Economy What does this have to do with the pandemic? Nothing.

NEVER WASTE AN OPPORTUNITY

Buried inside the 600-page bill that's ostensibly meant to provide pandemic relief is a provision requiring gig economy platforms to report information to the IRS about all users who earn at least $600 in a year.

Biden's 'Rescue Plan' Will Sic the IRS on Anyone Who Earns $600 in the Gig Economy

Ummmmm...... that isn't by any means new. 600 a year has been well known to those of us "gigging", for decades.

I recall one year one particular client had hired me for just one gig, lasted five days. My rate at the time was 125/day. My invoice gave them a "special" where I worked the last day for the low low price of $99. Thus I had made $599 for the year and we didn't need to report it.

eBay, nobody's gonna do that. What, is the IRS gonna hire enough staff to pore over every eBay seller and add up their totals? I doubt it.

Dems buried $60 billion in TAX INCREASES in the bill, you know because TAX INCREASES are Covid relief. Dems are real assholes that's the simple truth.

That's nothing new, a 1099 was required for any independent contractor that a company pays more than $600 in a year.

That's nothing new, a 1099 was required for any independent contractor that a company pays more than $600 in a year.

Yeah they just changed the form from 1099-MISC to 1099-NEC (non-employee compensation).

Yeah they just changed the form from 1099-MISC to 1099-NEC (non-employee compensation).

But they didn't change the $600 threshold.

many of us are now going to have to pay the IRS back via 'tax season' for funds that were solicited, some of which wasn't even asked for, just showed up in our accounts

~S~

Dems buried $60 billion in TAX INCREASES in the bill, you know because TAX INCREASES are Covid relief. Dems are real assholes that's the simple truth.

They also buried money going to States like NY to bail them out. No way should tax dollars be sent to any State to bail them out.

Anyone who earns $600 in a calendar is required by law to claim it. It's been this way since way before Biden. And selling your old shit on E bay would only generate a taxable event if you made a profit. That's almost never the case.

When I was running my business I had to 1099 anyone who I payed $600 in a calendar year.

This ain't nothin new

a 1099 was required for any independent contractor that a company pays more than $600 in a year.
That was in he article- you'd have to read it to know it and not provide an already published factoid.

Forum List

Back