The republicans who claimed the stim didnt work yet sought checks

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Stimulating hypocrisy: Scores of Recovery Act opponents sought money out of public view | iWatch News

Scores of Republicans and conservative Democrats who voted against the $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act subsequently wrote letters requesting funds for projects in a massive, behind-the-scenes letter-writing and phone call campaign, documents obtained by the Center show.

Those asking for money include Tea Party favorites like freshman Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown and Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., former presidential candidates Ron Paul and John McCain and Republican congressional leaders like Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky and Rep. Mike Pence of Indiana.

The "stim" didn't work - dumb fuck. How many trillion dollars are we in the hole for now ? Remember that whole debt ceiling thing ? You call all of this working?

Grow a brain.

Why are you starting all these new threads without proving the crap you've lied about in other threads that you've run away from with your tail between your legs?

Why can't you EVER prove anything that you lie about?

Rick

Is your main point hypocrisy, or that the stimulus still didn't work?? Which one will people be more concerned about when entering the voting booth?? Carry on with your distractions.

Exactly what part of the stimulous worked?

We were told we needed to pass the stimulous to avoid unemployment going up to 8%. We've surpassed that consistantly for the last year and a half.

We were told we needed it to get out of a recession. We are still in one.

We were told we needed it to get our financial house in order. we are in further disorder than ever before.

So what exactly did you think the stimulous was supposed to do that has succeeded?

Try this line of logic:

I vote against tax increases, they pass. i still end up paying the extra taxes even though i was against it.

I vote against the stimulus, it passes. Now that the money is allocated I try to get as much as possible for my constituents, even though I was against passing it in the first place.

So the logic goes " I oppose X, but if it passes I will either follow it, or use its provisions for the best interests of my consitutuents"

See?

where is your proof the stimulus didnt work?

If the stimulous worked you wouldnt be whining about how "Republicans" have kept this nation in a recession in your other threads.

So are you going to admit the stimulous didn't work, or are you going to admit you lied?

where is your proof the stimulus didnt work?

Either your being intellectually dishonest or you can't grasp reality and will fight for your side to the end because its not about what works or doing whats right ... its about cheering for your side no matter what. Both sides have plenty of people like you unfortunately. Have you ever thought of watching football instead?

I just looked at your links and they are all right wing bullshit with no facts in them.

Just lying and saying it didnt work isnt proof

Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., another icon of the anti-spending conservative movement embodied by the Tea Party, has complained the stimulus bill will require “massive tax increases” to create short-term jobs and ran a campaign ad this month boasting that she fought against “the failed Pelosi trillion-dollar stimulus.”

But she wrote more than a half dozen letters to federal agencies on behalf of proposed stimulus grants, including one to the Transportation Department for the St. Croix River Crossing Project that she argued “would directly produce 1,407 new jobs per year while indirectly producing 1,563 a year – a total of 2,970 jobs each year after the project’s completion.” The project did not win the award.

I just looked at your links and they are all right wing bullshit with no facts in them.

Just lying and saying it didnt work isnt proof

Why don't you prove the stimulus worked? Reality is proof enough for most of us that it didn't so ya know. I'd provide you a link to reality but you still wouldn't be able to get there I bet. Move on.

Why shouldn't Republicans seek checks from the stimulus money? It passed, did it not?

So by your logic anyone who voted against it should not receive any benefit from it after it passed?

So, I voted against raising my property taxes by voting against an additional school levy. Does that mean that I don't have to pay the extra on my property taxes even though the levy passed?

What a stupid thread.

Rick

New Topics

Forum List

Back