The Republican solution to all American poverty is “well find a better paying job.” Here’s why that doesn’t make sense.

1658802444024.png

And what's wrong with that?

Anecdotal evidence is no evidence.

Added to which, you discard the anecdotal evidence of anyone you disagree with. You don't believe ME when I talk about my personal experience with the Canadian health care system, or that of the members of my family, but you believe the truck drivers you met who told you it's terrible.

Canadians are largely satisfied with our healthcare system at the end of the pandemic. Numbers are down from the 80% satisfaction rate BEFORE covid basically stopped the system from functioning for two years. Access is the WORST its ever been in my lifetime at the moment, yet they still managed to get me my knee replacement with exception quality of care and no cost to me except home medical equipment rentals for my bathroom, and an $80 annual co-pay on my meds.

The same solution they have for every problem tax the rich more.

That's because the rich are getting all of the income and wealth in the country. They getting 80% of the income. They're the only ones left with any money, and they're swimming in it.

The Republican Party now has middle class voters subsidizing the low wages of fast food and retail workers through food stamps and earned income credits, rather than raising the minimum wage. All while their employers book record profits.

Make the corporations pay their own damn workers. They're the ones making the big profits off the labour of their minimum wage employees.

That's because the rich are getting all of the income and wealth in the country. They getting 80% of the income. They're the only ones left with any money, and they're swimming in it.

The Republican Party now has middle class voters subsidizing the low wages of fast food and retail workers through food stamps and earned income credits, rather than raising the minimum wage. All while their employers book record profits.

Make the corporations pay their own damn workers. They're the ones making the big profits off the labour of their minimum wage employees.
Impressive display of the liberal talking points unoriginal but impressive.

Maybe if we took away the food stamps people would strive to work harder, more hours, or learn a trade or career.

There is no such thing as "the income." It's a Communist talking point designed to make the ignorant think money is finite, and the reason you have too little is because other people have too much. A complete and total lie.

Anecdotal evidence is no evidence.

Added to which, you discard the anecdotal evidence of anyone you disagree with. You don't believe ME when I talk about my personal experience with the Canadian health care system, or that of the members of my family, but you believe the truck drivers you met who told you it's terrible.

Canadians are largely satisfied with our healthcare system at the end of the pandemic. Numbers are down from the 80% satisfaction rate BEFORE covid basically stopped the system from functioning for two years. Access is the WORST its ever been in my lifetime at the moment, yet they still managed to get me my knee replacement with exception quality of care and no cost to me except home medical equipment rentals for my bathroom, and an $80 annual co-pay on my meds.

Of course I listen to Canadian truck drivers. Who else should I listen to? I also listen to my sister that works at a hospital here that tells me where she works is loaded with Canadian patients like most of our northern border hospitals.

You couldn't debate my point so you hijacked the subject to healthcare.

The US economy doesn't turn on a dime, Ray. It takes a long, long time for a 100 car freight train to change speed or stop or even slow down. Trump decimated entire government departments driving away staff:

All of those trade deals Trump tore up still haven't been replaced which means you have no trade deals.

Obama decreased your trade deficit from $816 billion in 2008, to $735 billion in 2016. Trump promised to eliminate your trade deficit, but instead increased it to more than $900 billion in 2020. It's gone even higher under Biden.

A lot of the trade Trump drove away is not coming back. Your trading partners now consider your country politically unstable, and contractually unreliable. Any deal that Biden makes, will be torn up if Trump is re-elected, and there are no guarantees that he won't be back. So there's no point in trying to make deals with Americans because it could all change any day depending on whether the American President wakes up to bad press clippings.

When Trump took office, the USA had a small trade surplus with Canada of $3 billion, based on a high surplus on the "services" side of "Goods and services". Trump said he was going to wipe out the Canadian surplus of $11 billion in hard goods exports, and it has been wiped out. Canada now has a $12 billion dollar surplus in our trade with the USA, including a $50 billion surplus in "goods". You're still killing it on the "services" side.

You've lost many of your markets, and we're not coming back because, quite frankly, we don't trust your word or your stability.

Trump inflicted the worst fiscal damage on the US economy in 100 years. It's not going to be fixed in 18 months. Especially since the country was running on Trump's last budget until the end of October, 2021, so we're less than 12 months into the Biden economy.

"The best part about being a Democrat is never having to say it was your fault."
Ray from Cleveland

2_8_2022_trade_deficit_chart.png

I’ve already explained this to you. I think you know I did but you’re playing dumb.

All you said is there isn't enough good paying jobs around to provide every worker. My retort was that good paying jobs can't find workers now. So what's the difference if there are 500 good paying jobs or 10 million? The good paying jobs are there but people are not taking them.

Lol I don’t even understand what point you’re trying to make here. What are you talking about?

What I'm talking about is your comment I responded to. Your claim is that one of the solutions to poverty is to have corporations pay more for workers than they had to. Do you practice that at home? If you need your transmission rebuilt on your car and get three bids, do you take the highest one or lowest one?

Corporations and businesses do the same. They take the lowest bidders for the jobs they have. If they can find somebody to do a job for ten bucks an hour, that's what they are going to pay. Why would they pay them fifteen bucks an hour if they can find somebody to do the job for ten?

My point is you practice the same thing businesses do when you need to find somebody to labor for you.

Lol do you guys even read the studies you like to tout? This was a PREDICTIVE study. An estimate of what could happen. Do you want to actually know what happened since Oct 2021? The unemployment rate fell by 1%. 4.7% to 3.6%. This study ended up meaning dick lol

That's irrelevant to the topic which is why we can't get people to work. You challenged me on "conditioning" people not to work and I provided the evidence to my claim. That's exactly what the Democrat party is doing, they are giving people more and more attractive options to not work.

"Folks, when you pay people not to work, don't be too surprised when they don't."
Rush Limbaugh

Forum List

Back