The Republican Party is embracing lunacy and madness

What is the old saying about not truly being able to help someone until they learn to help themselves?

If this keeps up, and at this point, there is little, if any, indication that wiser, cooler, and smarter heads will prevail, the Republican Party will not last as a viable political party that people will trust to govern.

If someone would have released a statement a few years ago like the Oregon GOP just did, I would have believed it was a fabrication. But, as they say, truth is stranger than fiction.

The best that can be said about this (and it's not good, to be sure) is that it's some kind of shared delusion.

All I can say at this point is that these guys better snap out of it soon, or they're going to find themselves irrelevant.

It seems that in order to stop Democrats from raising taxes and implementing more social programs, the traditional Republicans are aligning themselves with Confederates, Nazis, White Supremacists & lunatics.

All of those groups are historically TOTAL LOSERS. You only need to remember the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol to see what a bunch of total f*cking idiots these people are.

If the Traditional Republicans were smart they'd dump these losers and try to regain the Anti-Trump Republicans and middle of the road independents. They should accept that there will be some Democratic changes that are inevitable, but if they were more moderate they could limit those changes.

Their continued alignment with these nutcases will be a disaster for them.

Hey - If they had the brains to have removed Trump from office a year ago, Mike Pence would be President today.

Somehow, I doubt they can scrape together enough brains to figure this out.

traditional Republicans are aligning themselves with Confederates, Nazis, White Supremacists & lunatics.

That's awful!!!

Commies must rise up to oppose them!!!

You have nothing to lose but your chains!!!

Commies?

You mean like Ronald Reagan and Franklin D. Roosevelt?

F*ck you, you fascist piece of SH*T!!!!!!!!

Commies aren't going to save us from Confederates, Nazis, White Supremacists & lunatics?

Then what are they good for?

I have every confidence that Americans will save us from Confederates, Nazis, White Supremacists & lunatics.

The Confederates all are dead of old age.

YOu libs are so brave, fighting fights that other good men won, before you were born.

THe nazis? Ditto.

ws? Best GUESS, I've heard on them, is 8 thousand in the country. And that is probably bullshit. American needs saving from them, the same way we need saving from the Flat Earthers.

You are full of shit.

You can stomp your little tootsies all you want, but your attempt at gaslighting America FAILS!

We all saw the Confederate flags, Auschwitz, Neo_Nazi & white supremacist T-shirts on Jan. 6. We KNOW WHAT YOU ARE!!!

Confederate flags haven't stood for secession for like, over a hundred and fifty years.

Are you new to this planet? Or just a shit spewing liar?
Confederate Flags will stand for secession forever, or at least as long as human beings continue to exist and the history of the time is remembered.

Nope. The meanings of symbols can change over time, and for you to deny that, is just you being a lying asshole fucktard.

I didn't deny that. There certainly are basic symbols (like a circle, a square, or a triangle) that can be repurposed. Even an image of the sun could mean different things to different people over time. But that would never be the case for a very specific looking flag of an attempted overthrow of a national gov't in an attempt to create a separate political identify.

But who knows what might happen after 50,000 years. But I wouldn't bet on it based on a limited recorded human history of between 6,000 and 8,000 years.
What’s it to you?
Because most people who routinely fly the Confederate Flag claim it means something other than what it clearly and obviously does mean.

However, I'm offended for a completely different reason. Those people who routinely fly the Confederate Flag are very often making a statement intentionally, and then, by denying they're making that statement, they're insulting my intelligence while they're also not owning up to their own beliefs. They're trying to have it both ways. That's cowardice as far as I'm concerned.

If the majority of people who use a symbol, say it means something other than you think it means,

seems like you are the one being an asshole and a coward.
So, if someone says the Nazi flag means love and acceptance for any all races and creeds, I'm an asshole if I say that's BS. Good luck on selling that nonsense.

After the Civil War, the decision was made to re assimilate the South back into the Union. Part of this was accepting southern veterans and history as part of the larger American Identity.

The Battle Flag of Northern Virginia, became accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride, as part of the larger American Patriotism.

That you disagree with the historical decision to do that, is valid. I would be happy to discuss that.

That you pretend it did not happen and smear good people today, based on that Lie, is you being an asshole.

A divisive asshole.

This touches on a more general point that Democrats just can't seem to get through their heads. Whatever they may think of Trump voters - they're here and they're not going anywhere. We have to find some way to live together (or, not). If we are going to make it work, the left will have to acknowledge that they can't simply force their values on everyone else.

In America, we can demand American values in our government and our laws.

There won't be anymore 'Trump voters' once that seditious asshole has been barred from holding office and put in prison where he belongs.

Who's your next demagogue going to be?

I suspect the next populist demagogue will be our last - and will be much worse than Trump. It might even be a Democrat. But if we don't fix the way we're doing things, I think it's inevitable. The attitude represented by the phrase "elections have consequences" is killing us. It guarantees one side will walk away angry and itching for retribution.

Trump ran on policy. Calling him a demagogue is not accurate.
Not accurate? It's spot on. Everything about what Trump said was an emotional appeal to people's fears. That's what demagoguery is. If you don't believe it, look up the definition for yourself.

His primary issues were trade, jobs, and deporting illegals.

Those are real issues, with real, and fairly direct impact on people's lives.

That people were also pissed off about them, does not mean that the appeal of them was to emotion or "fear".

I might also, add that it is ironic hearing you lefties act as those fearmongering is "bad" considering all the fear mongering you have been doing about the dc riot.
Trade and jobs? Do you remember how he framed it? He framed it as if we were being taken advantage of by our trading partners like the European Union. In fact, Trump was even more insistent that we were being ripped off by allies like NATO. It was nonsense, of course, since peacetime had allowed the US to dominate the world both politically and economically while we also did not have to send young Americans to die in Europe like we did in WWI and WWII.

As far as deporting illegals was concerned, it's kind of odd that the only illegals he seemed to care about came from South of the border especially since they added to the economy by working jobs Americans generally did not want to do even as they were paying taxes without any hope of every being able to apply for SS benefits like you and me. That's aside from the fact that they paid sales taxes and kept the rental market hot because they were renting homes, apartments, etc, that otherwise would have been vacant.

1. We are being taken advantage of by our trading partners, such as the EU and China.

2. The vast majority of illegals come from south of the border. That Trump was focused on the source of the majority of the problem, can only seem weird to you, if you are a liberal.

3. Your defense of illegals is noted. They are here illegally and should be deported.

My point stands. Trump ran on issues and your spin of calling him a demagogue is just you being a partisan zealot.

Trump was a shitstain.
Name a policy that wasn’t good for Americans?

He can't, but he won't admit it.

I've been doing that for four years. But you're utterly deluded and won't admit to any of it - so why in the fuck would I waste my time???

Yeah, you've been doing so much of it, that you didn't bother giving an example.

lol!!!

I'm not "giving" a Trumpster idiot anything at this point. If you like Trump, you're fucking insane. Period.

Exactly like I said. YOu can't do it, but won't admit it.

You lose, loser.

You Trumpsters throw the "loser" moniker out every time you are embarrassed. Thanks!

NOthing embarrassing to ME, about predicting the exact way you would dodge a challenge.

You loser.

Trump was a shitstain.

I've been doing that for four years. But you're utterly deluded and won't admit to any of it - so why in the fuck would I waste my time???

Yeah, you've been doing so much of it, that you didn't bother giving an example.

lol!!!

I'm not "giving" a Trumpster idiot anything at this point. If you like Trump, you're fucking insane. Period.

You lose, loser.

You Trumpsters throw the "loser" moniker out every time you are embarrassed. Thanks!

NOthing embarrassing to ME, about predicting the exact way you would dodge a challenge.

You loser.
He didn’t take my challenge either

Trump was a shitstain.

lol!!!

You lose, loser.

You loser.

I do "challenges" from brainwashed morons who can't even acknowledge reality. But thanks for playing.

Trump was a shitstain.

lol!!!

You lose, loser.

You loser.

I do "challenges" from brainwashed morons who can't even acknowledge reality. But thanks for playing.

So, if we find a dem to ask you to back up your shit, then you will try?

Trump was a shitstain.

lol!!!

You lose, loser.

You loser.

So, if we find a dem to ask you to back up your shit, then you will try?
Depends on who it is. Plenty of deluded douchebags on that side too.

So what policies were bad for Americans? I’ve asked you and still crickets, I conclude there weren’t any so your hate is actually at Americans

If trump wasn't so rich I might have voted for him. But I just couldn't do it. And I surely couldn't vote for Biden.

What is the old saying about not truly being able to help someone until they learn to help themselves?

If this keeps up, and at this point, there is little, if any, indication that wiser, cooler, and smarter heads will prevail, the Republican Party will not last as a viable political party that people will trust to govern.

If someone would have released a statement a few years ago like the Oregon GOP just did, I would have believed it was a fabrication. But, as they say, truth is stranger than fiction.

The best that can be said about this (and it's not good, to be sure) is that it's some kind of shared delusion.

All I can say at this point is that these guys better snap out of it soon, or they're going to find themselves irrelevant.

It seems that in order to stop Democrats from raising taxes and implementing more social programs, the traditional Republicans are aligning themselves with Confederates, Nazis, White Supremacists & lunatics.

All of those groups are historically TOTAL LOSERS. You only need to remember the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol to see what a bunch of total f*cking idiots these people are.

If the Traditional Republicans were smart they'd dump these losers and try to regain the Anti-Trump Republicans and middle of the road independents. They should accept that there will be some Democratic changes that are inevitable, but if they were more moderate they could limit those changes.

Their continued alignment with these nutcases will be a disaster for them.

Hey - If they had the brains to have removed Trump from office a year ago, Mike Pence would be President today.

Somehow, I doubt they can scrape together enough brains to figure this out.

traditional Republicans are aligning themselves with Confederates, Nazis, White Supremacists & lunatics.

That's awful!!!

Commies must rise up to oppose them!!!

You have nothing to lose but your chains!!!

Commies?

You mean like Ronald Reagan and Franklin D. Roosevelt?

F*ck you, you fascist piece of SH*T!!!!!!!!

Commies aren't going to save us from Confederates, Nazis, White Supremacists & lunatics?

Then what are they good for?

I have every confidence that Americans will save us from Confederates, Nazis, White Supremacists & lunatics.

The Confederates all are dead of old age.

YOu libs are so brave, fighting fights that other good men won, before you were born.

THe nazis? Ditto.

ws? Best GUESS, I've heard on them, is 8 thousand in the country. And that is probably bullshit. American needs saving from them, the same way we need saving from the Flat Earthers.

You are full of shit.

You can stomp your little tootsies all you want, but your attempt at gaslighting America FAILS!

We all saw the Confederate flags, Auschwitz, Neo_Nazi & white supremacist T-shirts on Jan. 6. We KNOW WHAT YOU ARE!!!

Confederate flags haven't stood for secession for like, over a hundred and fifty years.

Are you new to this planet? Or just a shit spewing liar?
Confederate Flags will stand for secession forever, or at least as long as human beings continue to exist and the history of the time is remembered.

Nope. The meanings of symbols can change over time, and for you to deny that, is just you being a lying asshole fucktard.

I didn't deny that. There certainly are basic symbols (like a circle, a square, or a triangle) that can be repurposed. Even an image of the sun could mean different things to different people over time. But that would never be the case for a very specific looking flag of an attempted overthrow of a national gov't in an attempt to create a separate political identify.

But who knows what might happen after 50,000 years. But I wouldn't bet on it based on a limited recorded human history of between 6,000 and 8,000 years.
What’s it to you?
Because most people who routinely fly the Confederate Flag claim it means something other than what it clearly and obviously does mean.

However, I'm offended for a completely different reason. Those people who routinely fly the Confederate Flag are very often making a statement intentionally, and then, by denying they're making that statement, they're insulting my intelligence while they're also not owning up to their own beliefs. They're trying to have it both ways. That's cowardice as far as I'm concerned.

If the majority of people who use a symbol, say it means something other than you think it means,

seems like you are the one being an asshole and a coward.
So, if someone says the Nazi flag means love and acceptance for any all races and creeds, I'm an asshole if I say that's BS. Good luck on selling that nonsense.

After the Civil War, the decision was made to re assimilate the South back into the Union. Part of this was accepting southern veterans and history as part of the larger American Identity.

The Battle Flag of Northern Virginia, became accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride, as part of the larger American Patriotism.

That you disagree with the historical decision to do that, is valid. I would be happy to discuss that.

That you pretend it did not happen and smear good people today, based on that Lie, is you being an asshole.

A divisive asshole.

This touches on a more general point that Democrats just can't seem to get through their heads. Whatever they may think of Trump voters - they're here and they're not going anywhere. We have to find some way to live together (or, not). If we are going to make it work, the left will have to acknowledge that they can't simply force their values on everyone else.

In America, we can demand American values in our government and our laws.

There won't be anymore 'Trump voters' once that seditious asshole has been barred from holding office and put in prison where he belongs.

Who's your next demagogue going to be?

I suspect the next populist demagogue will be our last - and will be much worse than Trump. It might even be a Democrat. But if we don't fix the way we're doing things, I think it's inevitable. The attitude represented by the phrase "elections have consequences" is killing us. It guarantees one side will walk away angry and itching for retribution.

Trump ran on policy. Calling him a demagogue is not accurate.
Not accurate? It's spot on. Everything about what Trump said was an emotional appeal to people's fears. That's what demagoguery is. If you don't believe it, look up the definition for yourself.

His primary issues were trade, jobs, and deporting illegals.

Those are real issues, with real, and fairly direct impact on people's lives.

That people were also pissed off about them, does not mean that the appeal of them was to emotion or "fear".

I might also, add that it is ironic hearing you lefties act as those fearmongering is "bad" considering all the fear mongering you have been doing about the dc riot.
Trade and jobs? Do you remember how he framed it? He framed it as if we were being taken advantage of by our trading partners like the European Union. In fact, Trump was even more insistent that we were being ripped off by allies like NATO. It was nonsense, of course, since peacetime had allowed the US to dominate the world both politically and economically while we also did not have to send young Americans to die in Europe like we did in WWI and WWII.

As far as deporting illegals was concerned, it's kind of odd that the only illegals he seemed to care about came from South of the border especially since they added to the economy by working jobs Americans generally did not want to do even as they were paying taxes without any hope of every being able to apply for SS benefits like you and me. That's aside from the fact that they paid sales taxes and kept the rental market hot because they were renting homes, apartments, etc, that otherwise would have been vacant.

1. We are being taken advantage of by our trading partners, such as the EU and China.

2. The vast majority of illegals come from south of the border. That Trump was focused on the source of the majority of the problem, can only seem weird to you, if you are a liberal.

3. Your defense of illegals is noted. They are here illegally and should be deported.

My point stands. Trump ran on issues and your spin of calling him a demagogue is just you being a partisan zealot.

demagogue - a political leader who seeks support by appealing to the desires and prejudices of ordinary people rather than by using rational argument. Synonyms include rabble-rouser and agitator.

Trump did it for years both before and after ascending to the Presidency. It culminated with his speech at the Ellipse on Jan 6 which was an intentional act specifically calculated to inflame the passions of a crowd that had been fed lies about the election being stolen for almost two full months, and that speech was delivered at the very moment that Congress was in the process of certifying the election. This was NOT happenstance or some kind of coincidence. Then Trump went back to the WH to watch events unfold on TV.

demagogue - a political leader who seeks support by appealing to the desires and prejudices of ordinary people rather than by using rational argument. Synonyms include rabble-rouser and agitator.

Trump did it for years both before and after ascending to the Presidency. It culminated with his speech at the Ellipse on Jan 6 which was an intentional act specifically calculated to inflame the passions of a crowd that had been fed lies about the election being stolen for almost two full months, and that speech was delivered at the very moment that Congress was in the process of certifying the election. This was NOT happenstance or some kind of coincidence. Then Trump went back to the WH to watch events unfold on TV.

Yep. Trump is the epitome of a demagogue.

Yep. Trump is the epitome of a demagogue.
And yet you can’t back up that claim

New Topics

Forum List

Back