The Repub Candidates - From a Democrat's POV

Sundial

Class Warrior
Aug 1, 2011
  • Bachmann: Unelectable. Has a voice like nails on a chalkboard, plus says crazy things. Easy win.
  • Cain: Unelectable. Not only does he look black, he IS black.
  • Santorum: Unelectable. Looks like a scared puppy dog. Could put speed freak to sleep.
  • Perry: Electable. Is a Republican's Republican. Says crazy things, but at least does it with manly style. Obama, I think, would crush him.
  • Romney: Electable. Seems like a moderate. Looks like a president. Other than Huntsman, would be biggest challenge to Obama. Thank God Repubs hate him.
  • Huntsman: See Romney. How is it that the Repub's best candidates are both Mormons? That's weird.
  • Gingrich: Electable. Why is it again that he's a has-been? Made a good showing in the Reagan debate.
  • Paul: Like your crazy old great uncle. As long as you don't take him seriously, he's cute. (Did you catch the line about the border fence keeping Americans IN?)

At least the Mormon cats are true to the creed and dont throw their church under the bus for political expediency.

• Bachmann: Unelectable. Has a voice like nails on a chalkboard, plus says crazy things. Easy win.
  • Cain: Unelectable. Not only does he look black, he IS black.
  • Santorum: Unelectable. Looks like a scared puppy dog. Could put speed freak to sleep.
  • Perry: Electable. Is a Republican's Republican. Says crazy things, but at least does it with manly style. Obama, I think, would crush him.
  • Romney: Electable. Seems like a moderate. Looks like a president. Other than Huntsman, would be biggest challenge to Obama. Thank God Repubs hate him.
  • Huntsman: See Romney. How is it that the Repub's best candidates are both Mormons? That's weird.
  • Gingrich: Electable. Why is it again that he's a has-been? Made a good showing in the Reagan debate.
  • Paul: Like your crazy old great uncle. As long as you don't take him seriously, he's cute. (Did you catch the line about the border fence keeping Americans IN?)
Funny you should notice.

record-setting-Obama-550x337.jpg

It is great to hear that your loser president with out one win on the chart is going to run over the rest of the Republican field. Go ahead and buy your plot early so you can be close to him when he is gone. The only person who really loves him is Jimmie Carter, finally he will off the top of the list for worst president EVER.

Electable candidates: Perry, Romney

Nut Jobs: Bachmann, Santorum, Paul, Cain, Gingrich

Outside sniping at everyone else: Palin

Anyone that has people willing to vote for them is electable. I doubt Harding and Coolidge were electable in 1920. They were both "second tier" candidate. ended up leading the nation to the greatest economic expansion in history. With record unemployment. And that was despite Harding being in stupid scandals.

Anyone who doesnt run away before the voting starts has a shot. If you don't believe that then you are lying to yourself. Anything can happen betwene now and then.

Oh, the only person I really think is unelectable this campaign season is Barack H Obama.

[*]Cain: Unelectable. Not only does he look black, he IS black.

How very racist of you.

Anyone that has people willing to vote for them is electable. I doubt Harding and Coolidge were electable in 1920. They were both "second tier" candidate. ended up leading the nation to the greatest economic expansion in history. With record unemployment. And that was despite Harding being in stupid scandals.

Anyone who doesnt run away before the voting starts has a shot. If you don't believe that then you are lying to yourself. Anything can happen betwene now and then.

Okay, sure. Nothing in life is certain. But some of these guys (Cain) aren't anywhere near second-tier and others (Gingrich, Paul) have been around so long that it's pretty clear that their support is nowhere near strong enough to get them close to the nomination.

Tell us which one of these Obama DIDN'T inherit from Republicans?

Now tell us which ones Republicans worked with Obama to help solve?

This is where you hear, "All and Nothing".

You mean, like when the Democrats had Congress? That 'inheritance'?

Logic before hyperbolic bullshit, rdean. Try it.

Silly. Congress isn't responsible unless it's a Republican Congress for rdean.

Oh, I see the logic of that. Basically, when it's a Republican President, the Republicans are to blame. When it's a Democrat President, the Republicans are to blame.

Damn, the Republicans are frighteningly powerful! Even when they're the minority - even when the Dems have a super-majority.... they still manage to block everything.

Scary. Scary that anyone can be that stupid.

Tell us which one of these Obama DIDN'T inherit from Republicans?

Now tell us which ones Republicans worked with Obama to help solve?

This is where you hear, "All and Nothing".

Yes, since January 2007 the democrats have pretty much controlled the government when it comes to spending. Sure Bush could ask for things and veto from 2007-Jan 2009, but the democrats surely could SAY FUCK YOU TO HIM TO. A president can do quite a let, so Bush earned some scorn, but a lot of the increase of spending and bs started to happen in 2007. He couldn't change the loaning bull shit as the democrats wouldn't let him!

Remember when republicans out right controlled the government between 2001-2006, unemployment was 4.3-6 percent. Only got 6 percent because of 9-11 too. Spending wasn't even a third with the deficit(400-500 billion a year). Things started to go to hell when the demorats got a hold of the purse strings.

Right now sure you have one house of congress under republican control, but the other is not. So the republicans don't have a lot of say anyways, but they do have some now as they're pushing for cuts! But remember Obama can veto anything that somehow got through the senate.

Can't really blame the republicans for the mess.

Last edited:

Oh, I see the logic of that. Basically, when it's a Republican President, the Republicans are to blame. When it's a Democrat President, the Republicans are to blame.

Damn, the Republicans are frighteningly powerful! Even when they're the minority - even when the Dems have a super-majority.... they still manage to block everything.

Scary. Scary that anyone can be that stupid.

It's scarier that anyone can lie to themselves so easily.

Yes, since January 2007 the democrats have pretty much controlled government. Sure Bush could ask for things and veto from 2007-Jan 2009, but the democrats surely could SAY FUCK YOU TO HIM TO. A president can do quite a let, so Bush earned some scorn, but a lot of the increase of spending and bs started to happen in 2007.

Remember when republicans out right controlled the government between 2001-2006 unemployment was 4.3-6 percent. Only got 6 percent because of 9-11 too. Spending wasn't even a third with the deficit. Things started to go to hell when the demorats got a hold of the purse strings.

Right now sure you have one house of congress under republican control, but the other is not. So the republicans don't have a lot of say anyways, but they do have some now as they're pushing for cuts! But remember Obama can veto anything that somehow got through the senate.

I can. I blame the Republicans.... difference is, I equally blame the Democrats. Fucking corrupt bastards - the whole bunch of 'em.

Yes, since January 2007 the democrats have pretty much controlled government. Sure Bush could ask for things and veto from 2007-Jan 2009, but the democrats surely could SAY FUCK YOU TO HIM TO. A president can do quite a let, so Bush earned some scorn, but a lot of the increase of spending and bs started to happen in 2007.

Remember when republicans out right controlled the government between 2001-2006 unemployment was 4.3-6 percent. Only got 6 percent because of 9-11 too. Spending wasn't even a third with the deficit. Things started to go to hell when the demorats got a hold of the purse strings.

I can. I blame the Republicans.... difference is, I equally blame the Democrats. Fucking corrupt bastards - the whole bunch of 'em.

No question at all that they're both corrupt and evil. Bush fucked up giving trillions to wall street and the banks...Obama just made it much worst.:eek:

Forum List

Back