The Repub "adult in the room" endorses Romney

T-Paw was one of the few REAL contenders but the Repub base & t-partiers are demanding "bottom of the barrel" candidates this time around LOL

T-Paw was one of the few REAL contenders but the Repub base & t-partiers are demanding "bottom of the barrel" candidates this time around LOL

Well, obviously he wasn't a real contender if he couldn't even win the Ames Straw Poll after spending a million there.

The thing is, I think the Republicans aren't falling for it this time. They aren't going to let the Democrats pick our candidates. I think they learned their lesson with McCain, who got nothing but praise from these guys- until he got the nomination and became the anti-christ.

Well, obviously he wasn't a real contender if he couldn't even win the Ames Straw Poll after spending a million there.

The thing is, I think the Republicans aren't falling for it this time. They aren't going to let the Democrats pick our candidates. I think they learned their lesson with McCain, who got nothing but praise from these guys- until he got the nomination and became the anti-christ.

The CNN poll has Perry still strong at 30% and Romney at 18%. Heck..Palin is at 15%.

Sorta crazy.

The Ames Straw Poll might as well be called the Christian Church Straw Poll for all practical purposes. It doesn't mean anything outside of the Bible Belt :eusa_pray: :rolleyes:

The CNN poll has Perry still strong at 30% and Romney at 18%. Heck..Palin is at 15%.

Sorta crazy.

well, no, not really.

This is a center-right country. Republicans proudly call themselves conservatives (even if they aren't) Democrats are terrified of being called Liberal, (Even if they are.)

Perry will roll over Romney and then Obama.

The Ames Straw Poll might as well be called the Christian Church Straw Poll for all practical purposes. It doesn't mean anything outside of the Bible Belt :eusa_pray: :rolleyes:

But a third place showing there was enough to get T-Paw out of the race. And that was the point. T-Paw was trying to claw out a niche for himself in Iowa between Bachmann and Romney, and he spent a lot of money doing so. The one-two punch of him coming in third and Perry jumping in was all she wrote, really.

Sorta crazy.

well, no, not really.

This is a center-right country. Republicans proudly call themselves conservatives (even if they aren't) Democrats are terrified of being called Liberal, (Even if they are.)

Well I don't think so..

He's got so much baggage..a book and some really bad numbers in Texas.

That and he held that Texas has an option to secede.

None of that is going to help him in the General.

Looks like the Repub electorate is going hard right, social conservative this time around. Interesting.

Sorta crazy.

well, no, not really.

Well I don't think so..

Thats one reason he waited to jump in no doubt

Well I don't think so..

Do you think anyone is going to give a shit about any of that if unemployment is still over 9%?

Really?

No matter how hard you try to villify the guy, Americans are going to hate the Community Organizer More.

I kind of hope Romney doesn't get the nomination, given I'm not a Repub, because he would actually have a fighting- chance of winning.

Tim Pawlenty Endorses Mitt Romney | ThinkProgress

A fighting chance? You Democrats are Delusional. Obama is in Real Trouble. His big Jobs speech Resulted in a 2% drop in his Approval numbers. The Jig is up, Platitudes and Fancy speeches are not going to cut it.

Any one of the Republicans has a Fighting chance. A Solid Candidate like Romney, has a much better than Fighting chance.

I am not sure I would count that as a negative in this Climate. Americans are very sick and tired of DC ramming shit down our throats, and spending money like there is no tomorrow. I am sure most Americans do not want their states to Secede, but I bet they are pretty sympathetic to what Perry said also.

What do you expect when we elect a guy who is suppose to be different, and bring us Hope and change. Then end up with just another Politician who excels at partisan Games, Finger Pointing, and lies. Who favorite pass times aside from golf, appears to be ramming laws down our Throats we don't want.

Sure, dittohead. Thank your masters for the two stupidest wars ever, the corrupt boom and bust depression, and now the disfunction and paralysis when we need compromise and cooperation. Pffffft! Jobs, jobs, jobs! Pure BS...

New Topics

Forum List

Back