The religious right and social conservatism are going to destroy the Republicans.

I've been hearing this for as long as I could remember and yet the Republican Party endures.
Yeah... until your Orange Baboon-God showed up... if the Republican Party is going to die anytime soon, it will be on a leash, held by Rump.

Your party leaders have long-since had their ball$ cut off by your demigod and he holds them in as much secret contempt as he holds the rank-and-file.

You are chess pieces... and you have been played by a skilled con-man.

Unfortunately, most of you are too myopic or too stupid or too embarrassed or too greedy-for-power-at-all-costs to see it or to admit it.

It is always possible that Republican leadership will find its courage again and abandon this servile devotion to The Baboon, but I'm not holding my breath.

The death date on the GOP and the nation was set in stone, when we switched over to encouraging high levels of Third World Immigration.

Lefties have been gloating about this for decades. To now, at this late date, pretend it has anything to do with Trump, is just people being assholes.

It is you liberals that are tying to make your views, the only alternatives.

ANY other views, are labeled as ist or phobic and dog piled.

There is no room left for people that think gays shouldn't marry and the scientists are lying to us about evolution and other topics.

You just demonstrated my point.

You are the people that are trying to make your views that only allowable views.

Playtime posted a complaint about religious people, and you just demonstrated the action that she was complaining about.

Does that matter to you? Or are you actively aware that your stated concerns are not your real issues?

my 'complaint' is that NO religion belongs in politics

per

the

constitution.
Nowhere in the constitution does it ban religion from politics. That is absurd.

i didn't say anything about 'banning' .... i am talking about the separation of church & state.

when one votes & sets policy based on their religion rather than the constitution - that is in direct violation of the constitution.
When you say you want "no religion" in politics, you are calling for a ban.

It is NOT a violation to vote or set policy based on your religious views.

if it is in direct CONtradiction to the constitution it is.

Which is a statement which applies to all groups. Yet, here you are applying it only to religious groups.

THat is you being a bigot and trying to oppress them and deny them their rights to participate fully in the political process.

wow - you are just extra cray cray today, aren'tcha CB? i oppress nobody - that's the (R) M.O.

Depriving a group of people of the Right to political representation, is oppression.

That you do so based on religious beliefs, is religious bigotry and discrimination.

It is you liberals that are tying to make your views, the only alternatives.

ANY other views, are labeled as ist or phobic and dog piled.

There is no room left for people that think gays shouldn't marry and the scientists are lying to us about evolution and other topics.

You just demonstrated my point.

You are the people that are trying to make your views that only allowable views.

Playtime posted a complaint about religious people, and you just demonstrated the action that she was complaining about.

Does that matter to you? Or are you actively aware that your stated concerns are not your real issues?

my 'complaint' is that NO religion belongs in politics

per

the

constitution.
Nowhere in the constitution does it ban religion from politics. That is absurd.

i didn't say anything about 'banning' .... i am talking about the separation of church & state.

when one votes & sets policy based on their religion rather than the constitution - that is in direct violation of the constitution.
When you say you want "no religion" in politics, you are calling for a ban.

It is NOT a violation to vote or set policy based on your religious views.

if it is in direct CONtradiction to the constitution it is.
Voting for an unconstitutional law is not unconstitutional. Same for passing said law. In order for it to be deemed unconstitutional you have to get in from of the judicial branch.

voting & setting law based on any religious doctrine is itself unconstitutional.

it makes one religious belief more important than any other belief
(or non belief)

All groups, religious or otherwise, vote and try to set law.

uh-huh.

if obama, eric holder & military brass tear gassed & flash banged those excersising THEIR first amendment right for a fucking campaign ad ... marched to a mosque, held up the quran for a photo op PR stunt... then he'd be impeached & thrown outa office in a heartbeat.

I've been hearing this for as long as I could remember and yet the Republican Party endures.
Yeah... until your Orange Baboon-God showed up... if the Republican Party is going to die anytime soon, it will be on a leash, held by Rump.

Your party leaders have long-since had their ball$ cut off by your demigod and he holds them in as much secret contempt as he holds the rank-and-file.

Unfortunately, most of you are too myopic or too stupid or too embarrassed or too greedy-for-power-at-all-costs to see it or to admit it.

It is always possible that Republican leadership will find its courage again and abandon this servile devotion to The Baboon, but I'm not holding my breath.

The death date on the GOP and the nation was set in stone, when we switched over to encouraging high levels of Third World Immigration.

Lefties have been gloating about this for decades. To now, at this late date, pretend it has anything to do with Trump, is just people being assholes.
Nope.

Rump incited his crowd of supporters to Insurrection against the lawful authority of the United States.

When Rump finally shakes-off this mortal coil...

He and Benedict Arnold will have much to discuss...

In Hell.

Do you support the moves by the Left, specifically BIG TECH and MSM to deplatform such people, so that their voices and ideas can be silenced?

I support their right to do so. I do, however, oppose some of what they're up to, as in I think it's a bad idea. But no business should be forced to accommodate people or ideas they find repugnant.

if they claim to NOT be editors or content creators, and sign contracts with these people in good faith,

then betraying those people, is morally, and ethically and possibly legally wrong.
I've heard all the excuses. If they are violating contracts, then sue them. But the basic idea that government should force websites to host content against their will is wrong. A real conservative would understand this in a heartbeat - which shows just how far Trumpsters have strayed from real conservatism. The honest among them will admit that they're now authoritarian populists - nationalists who hold the power of government above all else. Not many of them are honest.

Nope.

Rump incited his crowd of supporters to Insurrection against the lawful authority of the United States.

When Rump finally shakes-off this mortal coil...

He and Benedict Arnold will have much to discuss...

In Hell.

President Trump called for a protest.

The rest is you riling yourself up and justifying your moves to punish your enemies for not being you.

Do you support the moves by the Left, specifically BIG TECH and MSM to deplatform such people, so that their voices and ideas can be silenced?

I support their right to do so. I do, however, oppose some of what they're up to, as in I think it's a bad idea. But no business should be forced to accommodate people or ideas they find repugnant.

if they claim to NOT be editors or content creators, and sign contracts with these people in good faith,

then betraying those people, is morally, and ethically and possibly legally wrong.
I've heard all the excuses. If they are violating contracts, then sue them. But the basic idea that government should force websites to host content against their will is wrong. A real conservative would understand this in a heartbeat - which shows just how far Trumpsters have strayed from real conservatism. The honest among them will admit that they're now authoritarian populists - nationalists who hold the power of government above all else. Not many of them are honest.

Would the courts look at the overall application of the rules to see that it is not done fairly or in good faith?

Congress has looked at it. And it is obvious that that is the case. Yet they did not DO anything about it.

THese are not "Excuses" but real injustices that hurt real people.

The U.S is less and less religious every generation and as time goes on religious traditionalism becomes more and more of a loser at the polls. The party either needs a tune up or it needs to disband and reform as a party more focused on true economic conservatism. I might actually vote for Republicans from time to time if they ditched the bigoted, science denying religious nuts that constantly make the party look toxic and ignorant.
The "Christianity" preached by the GOP and their conservative "Christian" base, in no way resembles the peaceful, inclusive, generous, and compassionate teachings of their Savior.

No, the racism, bigotry, and hatred of others unlike themselves is hardly what is taught in the Sunday Schools by men like Jimmy Carter and Fred Rogers.

Would the courts look at the overall application of the rules to see that it is not done fairly or in good faith?

No. A business should be allowed to refuse service to anyone for any reason. Unless there's a applicable contract, or actual fraud happening, the government should not get involved.

What we're really talking about is "shunning" - a form of social censure that requires no government interference. It's everyone's right to express themselves in this way. Boycotts are one example. They hurt real people - should they be banned as well?

Last edited:
...President Trump called for a protest. The rest is you riling yourself up and justifying your moves to punish your enemies for not being you.
Nope... it's (a) untrue and (b) way too late for that $hit now...

He should have thought better of the idea before he unleashed his mob...

no-sale.jpg

The U.S is less and less religious every generation and as time goes on religious traditionalism becomes more and more of a loser at the polls. The party either needs a tune up or it needs to disband and reform as a party more focused on true economic conservatism. I might actually vote for Republicans from time to time if they ditched the bigoted, science denying religious nuts that constantly make the party look toxic and ignorant.
The "Christianity" preached by the GOP and their conservative "Christian" base, in no way resembles the peaceful, inclusive, generous, and compassionate teachings of their Savior.

No, the racism, bigotry, and hatred of others unlike themselves is hardly what is taught in the Sunday Schools by men like Jimmy Carter and Fred Rogers.

You said, wacism, like a retarded child.

No. A business should be allowed to refuse service to anyone for any reason. Unless there's a applicable contract, or actual fraud happening, the government should not get involved.

What we're really talking about is "shunning" - a form of social censure that requires no government interference. It's everyone's right to express themselves in this way. Boycotts are one example. They hurt real people - should they be banned as well?

Except the Terms of Service, is a contract. And the government is NOT getting involved and the big corporations are bullying and oppressing and hurting real people, for partisan political reasons, more and more working hand in hand with Big Government.

jefferson basically said to keep it [religion] to myself in his letter to the danbury baptists.

LOL! Jefferson asserted no such stupid thing.

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists
The Final Letter, as Sent

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.
Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (June 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

The Republican Party mildly respects Freedom of Religion -- the very first part of the FIRST AMMENDMENT.

Why is the anti God left so antiConstitution?

I don't see any way short of authoritarian intervention to shake America out of the stranglehold of leftist feels-based policy making. Not to say that's a desirable outcome but an inevitable one.

The Republican Party will linger in whatever putrid form allows it to brim with conspiracy theorists, fascists, white supremecists (or as Trump called them', good people), and religious hypocrites who gladly trade their faith for power.

The Republican Party mildly respects Freedom of Religion -- the very first part of the FIRST AMMENDMENT.

Why is the anti God left so antiConstitution?

Unless the religion is Islam. And then Republicans shit their pants and start squealing about 'sharia law'.

The Republicans are Christian Supremacists, plain and simple.

The far Religious Right, as well far Marxist Left ... Are simply supporters Republicans or Democrats use as boogeymen.
Properly applied, the expanding authoritarian establishment grows, while their supporters never realize neither would survive without the other ... :thup:

Except the Terms of Service, is a contract.
Great. Then all you have to do is sue them. No need "go after" them with legislation or other government action.

And the government is NOT getting involved and the big corporations are bullying and oppressing and hurting real people, for partisan political reasons, more and more working hand in hand with Big Government.

Refusing to do business with someone is not "bullying and oppressing and hurting" real people.

Once again, it's the rank hypocrisy of this issue that makes it such a stinker. If an unhinged populist Democrat had taken the white house, Republicans would be adamantly defending the rights of businesses to oppose them - to refuse to accommodate their propaganda. And it would be Democrats, instead of Republicans, whining that government should "go after" social media companies, that it should regulate them as public utilities.

That's why it's really hard to take any of the excuse making, from either side, seriously. You don't have consistent principles or values. You just want to "win".

Forum List

Back