The religious right and social conservatism are going to destroy the Republicans.

When you say science, are you talking about when life begins? Science gives us that answer, the left doesn't believe it. What about science and their only being two genders? The left believes in 30 plus.

To me both sides show a lack of respect for science, just depends on the subject.

Have you ever been to Reddit? It's a huge social media platform mostly populated by lefties. In any given comment section about trans people you will find lefties arguing against the PC narrative. What you said just isn't true.

It is you liberals that are tying to make your views, the only alternatives.

ANY other views, are labeled as ist or phobic and dog piled.

There is no room left for people that think gays shouldn't marry and the scientists are lying to us about evolution and other topics.

You just demonstrated my point.

You are the people that are trying to make your views that only allowable views.

Playtime posted a complaint about religious people, and you just demonstrated the action that she was complaining about.

Does that matter to you? Or are you actively aware that your stated concerns are not your real issues?

Your "views" aren't the issue. It's the legislative action and court stacking (decisions) that come from your "views" that are the issue. You can't just live and let live. Understand that every society, every economy, every country evolves. It's OK to express a view against gay marriage. But when those views as a group translate into action against gay marriage in the form of pressuring courts and legislatures to restrict or make it illegal based on your religious views, that's an issue.

They don't seem to be happy to live their lives free as they please.

They have a need to force everyone to live the same way they do. To force people to believe the same way they do.

They seem to think that freedom means they have the right to force everyone in our nation to live and believe the same way conservatives believe and live.

Conservatives scream liberty and freedom but believe only they have the right to live as they choose.

It's funny how many times I hear that from people who support clearly unscientific opinions.
But ok. Whatever.

So are we going to start gaslighting now? Go ahead and tell me what I think about the trans phenomenon.

You tell me, are we going to start gaslighting now? Just think that if you tell me over and over, something that I know isn't true, eventually I'll come around to accepting your lies?

Go ahead. See if that works :)

The U.S is less and less religious every generation and as time goes on religious traditionalism becomes more and more of a loser at the polls. The party either needs a tune up or it needs to disband and reform as a party more focused on true economic conservatism. I might actually vote for Republicans from time to time if they ditched the bigoted, science denying religious nuts that constantly make the party look toxic and ignorant.
Exactly.

It's the authoritarian social/religious right with their racism, bigotry, and hate that prevents many Americans from voting Republican.

I think if that were the case it would have already happened. Take the example of abortion. A subject that the religious right is passionate about and opposes. However, they always try to do away with it by legislation by states and stacking the courts to get it banned or restricted. They won't focus on the bigger picture of eliminating or even reducing the need for it. By supporting things like freely available contraception, Planned Parenthood (for healthcare..it's amazing how many of them use this as just a talking point), sex education in schools without screaming about parental rights, services for single mothers or underadvantaged women, and public education for children. They'll scream bloody murder about a fetus but once it drops out of the mother they couldn't give a shit about the kid. They'll vote to take everything away from the kid..even if there's a good chance the kid will end up out on the street.

But I don't believe the religious right is going to do the Republican party in this time. I truly believe it will be the Trump supporting wing of nutjobs. I've never seen fanaticism like this in my lifetime.
The Far Right's objection to abortion was actually a way to disguise their objection to integration.

You tell me, are we going to start gaslighting now? Just think that if you tell me over and over, something that I know isn't true, eventually I'll come around to accepting your lies?

Go ahead. See if that works :)

You're the one that already knows how I think. Apparently I don't need to tell you anything. Good luck in your quest for knowledge and perspective with that mindset.

The U.S is less and less religious every generation and as time goes on religious traditionalism becomes more and more of a loser at the polls. The party either needs a tune up or it needs to disband and reform as a party more focused on true economic conservatism. I might actually vote for Republicans from time to time if they ditched the bigoted, science denying religious nuts that constantly make the party look toxic and ignorant.

Nah -- stupidity and paranoia is killing the Republican party.

They're not dead yet. They still have time to sever the Trump limb and cauterize the wound. But they have to do it before the bleed out.

So, you're against anything that "science" can't prove by observing and demonstrating right?!?

Because I'm not an arrogant twit I am very reserved about speaking on behalf of scientists or making scientific arguments. I defer to the experts.

There is no room left for people that think gays shouldn't marry and the scientists are lying to us about evolution and other topics.

You are the people that are trying to make your views that only allowable views.

Playtime posted a complaint about religious people, and you just demonstrated the action that she was complaining about.

Does that matter to you? Or are you actively aware that your stated concerns are not your real issues?

Your "views" aren't the issue. It's the legislative action and court stacking (decisions) that come from your "views" that are the issue. You can't just live and let live. Understand that every society, every economy, every country evolves. It's OK to express a view against gay marriage. But when those views as a group translate into action against gay marriage in the form of pressuring courts and legislatures to restrict or make it illegal based on your religious views, that's an issue.

They don't seem to be happy to live their lives free as they please.

They have a need to force everyone to live the same way they do. To force people to believe the same way they do.

They seem to think that freedom means they have the right to force everyone in our nation to live and believe the same way conservatives believe and live.

Conservatives scream liberty and freedom but believe only they have the right to live as they choose.

See there we go, the gaslighting.

Really? Conservatives were rampaging around portland? Conservatives were attacking police, to knock down statues and memorials? Conservatives were threatening a wedding cake bakery, and a pizza shop? Conservatives were attacking secular schools, and demanding they close?

Or was it left-wingers trying to boycott Chic-fil-a, and force Catholic organizations to pay for abortions? Was it left-wingers who attacked Mike Pence, and Bret Kavanough with zero evidence or facts, or grounds of wrong doing?

Hypocrite. Total hypocrite. All of you. :) There is not one single left-winger that isn't a hypocrite, I'm convinced.

No no no...... Please continue. By all means, turn the gaslighting on. Let's hear how utterly oppressed you people are.

They aren't even mildly economically conservative unless the Democrats are in power. They have already been tuning up the deficit choruses after just a week. When they hold power we never hear a thing from them.

Social conservatism can more accurately be described as bigotry and has no place in American government or polite society.

And everyone seems to forget that one of the main motivations for separating ourselves from England was freedom from state sponsored religion.

American republicans are anti-american, sad to say.

They aren't even mildly economically conservative unless the Democrats are in power. They have already been tuning up the deficit choruses after just a week. When they hold power we never hear a thing from them.

Social conservatism can more accurately be described as bigotry and has no place in American government or polite society.

And everyone seems to forget that one of the main motivations for separating ourselves from England was freedom from state sponsored religion.

And there's the bigotry.

It's always amusing to watch people act like bigots while complaining about bigots.

And there's the bigotry.

It's always amusing to watch people act like bigots while complaining about bigots.
I think you need to look up the definition of "bigotry" as I am most certainly not engaging in it.

And there's the bigotry.

I think you need to look up the definition of "bigotry" as I am most certainly not engaging in it.

obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.​

I'm sorry, what were you saying about all those American Republicans?

Please please, tell us again how bigoted they are.

Wrong.

You're at liberty to express your hateful racist and bigoted views.

You're not at liberty to codify those hateful racist and bigoted views in secular laws.

Forum List

Back