The religion Forum

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Can you make it a zone similar to this one...or Lounge, With RULES? Nobody can talk about religious topics without some asswipes coming in and making it all about Trump or politics or whatever. It gets damn tiresome.

There are plenty of other forums where they can spew their garbage. People that are VERY religious or just curious don't inviade Breaking News or Politics or Climate/Emvironement or Cooking or Garage or or or or or to spout bible passages or Koran passages, derailing with the initial forum or topic to a subject that has nothing to do with that particular forum. Nor do they go in just to denounce and troll. For example, going into a game thread and saying "anyone who plays games must be a Trumpet/are stupid/have no life" etc.....so why the hell is it allowed in the Religion forum?

You do know that many have different faiths and want a place to discuss/debate in a peaceful way/ask questions/compare notes on/ and in general discuss amongst themselves THE TOPIC AT HAND, but cannot due to low lifes who insist on shitting all over the topic and the people in there TRYING to talk about whatever the OP is about, right? So do something about it. Please.

This is bullshit I even have to ask.

Another example:

In my Cast Iron Skillet thread. What if someone came in and said I should be hit over the head with one for asking such stupid questions...or that those that don't use stainless steel or cast iron are stupid morons that follow Trump. Nobody did, but what IF they did? They find their anger button immediately when they step in the religion forum. Because they can. Because staff does nothing about it. Just like staff does nothing about the Introduce Yourself thread when the noob is more or less attacked in a rude way. Nothing is done. Yet the owners of USMB want money, and noobs mean exactly that, but they last MAYBE a day. Maybe an hour. And leave.

So again...I say its pretty bad I even have to ask for help in certain forums.

For many many years, I was at another board. The owner/administrator once told me "as long as you continue to ask stupid question on ANY subject, I will harangue you until you leave the topic". Why did I stay so long? Stupidity on my part. But it got so damn toxic....eventually everyone left and he had to close it down.

How can one learn if one is not allowed to discuss topics? Or are attacked for the question that even isn't on topic?

eople that are VERY religious or just curious don't inviade Breaking News or Politics or Climate/Emvironement or Cooking or Garage or or or or or
Just the whole wide world to impose their fanatic law. But I agree, you need a place where you can torture and slaughter each other.
Case in point ^

eople that are VERY religious or just curious don't inviade Breaking News or Politics or Climate/Emvironement or Cooking or Garage or or or or or
Just the whole wide world to impose their fanatic law. But I agree, you need a place where you can torture and slaughter each other.
You are an example of what she is talking about

Can you make it a zone similar to this one...or Lounge, With RULES? Nobody can talk about religious topics without some asswipes coming in and making it all about Trump or politics or whatever. It gets damn tiresome.

There are plenty of other forums where they can spew their garbage. People that are VERY religious or just curious don't inviade Breaking News or Politics or Climate/Emvironement or Cooking or Garage or or or or or to spout bible passages or Koran passages, derailing with the initial forum or topic to a subject that has nothing to do with that particular forum. Nor do they go in just to denounce and troll. For example, going into a game thread and saying "anyone who plays games must be a Trumpet/are stupid/have no life" etc.....so why the hell is it allowed in the Religion forum?

You do know that many have different faiths and want a place to discuss/debate in a peaceful way/ask questions/compare notes on/ and in general discuss amongst themselves THE TOPIC AT HAND, but cannot due to low lifes who insist on shitting all over the topic and the people in there TRYING to talk about whatever the OP is about, right? So do something about it. Please.

So what do the deeply religious discuss with each other about religion..do they debate or just reinforce each other's beliefs ...which sounds boring.

Best to steer clear of it. Anti religion left loons aka atheists are annoying. For some odd reason to them religion is bad.... but endorse Islam.

Strange
Atheists endorse Islam?..do you even know what an atheist is?
We know what Islam is and it is not good for any non-Muslim. It is a hate filled violent intolerant religion that preaches supremacy and shuns assimilation.

Best to steer clear of it. Anti religion left loons aka atheists are annoying. For some odd reason to them religion is bad.... but endorse Islam.

Strange
We know what Islam is and it is not good for any non-Muslim. It is a hate filled violent intolerant religion that preaches supremacy and shuns assimilation.

Uhm.....like leftists?

Think hard

I'd volunteer to keep the Religion and Ethics Forum clean, the first time I see a reference to a political party or person, that post is gone. The 2nd time if it's the same poster, you get a warning, and the 3rd time you're gone too.

I think atheism is okay in that forum, dunno about iron skillets though.:p

Look, ladies and gents - show a little respect or someone else's belief system. Disagree with it if you want to, but do not characterize it in a derogatory fashion. And assholism is not a religion, sorry.

USMB is the best board I have ever been a member of. No really heavy moderation. BUT..moderation is needed to keep a board healthy. There ARE rules, yet the focus is not on all the many many many forums this place has. Maybe too many forums. And trolls aplenty. Get more mods if you need to. But if folks can't even speak to each other on their religious or spiritual beliefs....they will leave and find another place. With so many forums to choose from...why is the religion forum not in the same group of "more protected" as The Coffee Shop, Women's Lounge, and even this one where it states clearly Announcement And FEEDBACK?

This is my feedback. Many boards are closing. All are at twatter or gab or parler or strictly one certain topic but people long for multiple forums in one board. Well....this one topic is like a magnet for assholes because they have no beliefs. Fine. Go to FZ or badlands. Why disrupt honest questions, answers, opinions that go with the flow of the topic itself then resort to name calling or "sky fairy" bullshit?

I'd volunteer to keep the Religion and Ethics Forum clean, the first time I see a reference to a political party or person, that post is gone. The 2nd time if it's the same poster, you get a warning, and the 3rd time you're gone too.

I think atheism is okay in that forum, dunno about iron skillets though.:p

Look, ladies and gents - show a little respect or someone else's belief system. Disagree with it if you want to, but do not characterize it in a derogatory fashion. And assholism is not a religion, sorry.
There is no reason whatsoever to disagree with a belief or be an atheist and go into that forum any more than it would fine for someone to walk into a church and degrade the people attending that church. But I agree with the rest of what you said. Maybe yet another forum should be formed named ATHEISM. Then they would have a place to "torture and slaughter" themselves. Oh. Wait. They wouldn't because they all agree there is no sky fairy, right? See my point?

Can I go in to the Word Games forum and call everyone a Bidenette? Or a Trumpette? Or a leftie or righty? Or a sock? If not, why not? Because it isn't on topic?

Name A Movie Title!
Hunt for Red October!

Traitor! RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA.

Friend Green Tomatoes!

RACIST! A movie about blacks being hung!

Ice Age!

IDIOT! There is no climate change, Greta Wannabe!

Get my drift?

If you don't want your religious ideas scrutinized and discussed openly, then go start a private group. This is a public message board.

I was at a blog place that actually had forums as well. One of those forums was LGBT. Guess what? It was heavily moderated, and the people in there discussed all manner of this or that that had to do with LGBT..even those against it. Yet...it was a vibrant forum because they could actually TALK about it with others. It was a safe place, I guess.

Well....the religion forum should be a safe place too.

Strange
So you think the radical 10% speak for the non-violent 90%?

Forum List

Back