The reason no one should pay attention to polling data. This is unbelievable!

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
As we have seen time and again--the polling data is often wrong. More & more people are using cell phones-as their only source and don't have landlines. The pollsters do not have cell phone numbers---and many more--like myself will not pick up on unknown callers. So polling has become a disaster today.

This New York Times aricle tells the story right here. This is just one example--you can click the below link to see the rest.

Texas Senate Cruz V O'Rourke
Number of calls made--51,893
responses 800

So a mere 800 people out of the whole state of Texas is determing the polling data.

And they're all like this from A to W. Thousands of calls going out with very few picking up to answer pollsters questions, which is obviously why so many polls are wrong. See it for yourself.
Polling the 2018 Midterm Elections in Real Time

So the only thing to do is IGNORE them and
VOTE! Take nothing for granted just VOTE!

Last edited:
responses 800

So a mere 800 people out of the whole state of Texas is determing the polling data.

This is fairly standard and generally accurate

As we have seen time and again--the polling data is often wrong. More & more people are using cell phones-as their only source and don't have landlines. The pollsters do not have cell phone numbers---and many more--like myself will not pick up on unknown callers. So polling has become a disaster today.

This New York Times aricle tells the story right here. This is just one example--you can click the below link to see the rest.

responses 800

And they're all like this from A to W. Thousands of calls going out with very few picking up to answer pollsters questions, which is obviously why so many polls are wrong. See it for yourself.
Midterm Election Poll: Texas Senate, Cruz vs. O’Rourke

VOTE.

responses 800

This is fairly standard and generally accurate

Nope only 800 people responded out of 52K calls--tells me they're collecting data from primarily older people who don't use cell phones or have caller I.D on their phones. Someone who answers every call is very rare now-a-days. IOW they're not getting a full scope of what people are really thinking or who they're going to vote for. This article explains it also.
The Trouble with Polling

The issue is--is if you have a candidate that is doing really well in the polls. Their supporters are less likely to vote, thinking it's in the bag, and the other side is if you have a candidate that is polling poorly, their supporters think it's just a waste of time for them to vote.

Which is why everyone needs to VOTE regardless of what the polls say.

Last edited:
Oreo, I'll make you a bet here....if Beto wins the Senate seat in Texas? I will vacate this site.....when Beto loses? You do the same.....is it a bet????? Put up or STFU.....

responses 800

Nothing wrong with a sample of 800. The problem is that the people who pick up the phone are unlike the people who don't... and in general leftists are at home waiting for that call to happen so that they can talk about their virtue of saving the world from the couch. Regular people on the other hand do not want to share their information in the first place.

And of course, since the polls are paid by the media, they want to provide a biased result and don't sufficiently address the issues.

responses 800

Well, I thanked your post but you may want to reconsider your conclusion.

"The study was conducted for CNN via telephone by SSRS, an independent research company. Interviews were conducted from October 04, 2018 to October 07, 2018 among a sample of 1,009 respondents. The landline total respondents were 407 and there were 602 cell phone respondents."

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2018/images/10/08/rel9a.-.kavanaugh.pdf

Didn’t turn out to suit ya?
upload_2018-10-22_8-47-22.png

Poor little NPC

Last edited:

responses 800

Conservatives bragging about Trump's higher approval rating didn't care that only a few hundred people were interviewed.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

responses 800

Well, I thanked your post but you may want to reconsider your conclusion.

"The study was conducted for CNN via telephone by SSRS, an independent research company. Interviews were conducted from October 04, 2018 to October 07, 2018 among a sample of 1,009 respondents. The landline total respondents were 407 and there were 602 cell phone respondents."

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2018/images/10/08/rel9a.-.kavanaugh.pdf

How did they get the cell phone numbers, in my state of Colorado we were able to block calls from sales people etc. There is no phone book for cell phone numbers, so I assume if they were contacted via their cell phones, they were listed on some type of voter registration form or political entity, and authorized contact with polling agencies.

Forum List

Back