The realization that we don't make nothing in this country anymore.........

Before all this madness started with Covid-19, it never once bothered me seeing so many food commercials, never thought anything of it, but now......When all you see begging for your business is the food/hospitality industries, and high end car manufacturers, you now realize, yes we are a nothing but a nation of consumers. EVERYBODY MAKES THE PRODUCT BUT US, WE'RE SIMPLY THERE TO BUY IT and that shit makes you sad.

After WWll, furniture, house appliances, cars, restaurants, you name the venue, it sprung into action for your business, today however, its Burger King and the Olive Garden. How msny burgers and pizza and pasta must we consume to bring back the one industry that seems to harvest the employment engine that will bring this nation back to life? Everything is centered around food....food that makes us the most unhealthiest fat people on the planet.

We're not gonna get any real changes coming from the Trump administration, but I do hope and pray somebody in Washington began the conversation, that this nation was built to make things, create things and not just wealth for the few, and I'm not talking about MAGA hats and Trump dolls, but real tangible things like asprin and ventilators.

As we celebrate the 4th, lets celebrate an era that has long past.... when america was truly at her best....making things the world craved and wanted made right here in our own back yards.

View attachment 359352View attachment 359353
There is one thing that is made here. MAGAtards. Who in the hell wants one.
....AND I quote: "I love the poorly educated"....Trumps wants one!!

Before all this madness started with Covid-19, it never once bothered me seeing so many food commercials, never thought anything of it, but now......When all you see begging for your business is the food/hospitality industries, and high end car manufacturers, you now realize, yes we are a nothing but a nation of consumers. EVERYBODY MAKES THE PRODUCT BUT US, WE'RE SIMPLY THERE TO BUY IT and that shit makes you sad.

After WWll, furniture, house appliances, cars, restaurants, you name the venue, it sprung into action for your business, today however, its Burger King and the Olive Garden. How msny burgers and pizza and pasta must we consume to bring back the one industry that seems to harvest the employment engine that will bring this nation back to life? Everything is centered around food....food that makes us the most unhealthiest fat people on the planet.

We're not gonna get any real changes coming from the Trump administration, but I do hope and pray somebody in Washington began the conversation, that this nation was built to make things, create things and not just wealth for the few, and I'm not talking about MAGA hats and Trump dolls, but real tangible things like asprin and ventilators.

As we celebrate the 4th, lets celebrate an era that has long past.... when america was truly at her best....making things the world craved and wanted made right here in our own back yards.

Ummm, you do. You would starve to death if you didn't have MAGA people growing your food, transporting it, and selling it. You retard.
Excuse me, MAGAturds are working from home or better still sitting on their ass's getting disability checks....The real americans, ie brown people, are the ones out here picking the food, transporting the food and selling the food at your local Krogers and Walmart chains. Stop idolizing these Amazon mogals, they would BE NOTHING WITHOUT BROWN PEOPLE RISKING THEIR LIVES ON THE JOB.

The realization that we don't make nothing in this country anymore...

I hate double negatives... "we don't make nothing..."

So what you're saying is, in this country we make something...
/----/ How do you feel about Triple Negatives?
Triple negatives usually take a few seconds to think through. For instance, comedian Groucho Marx famously said, “I cannot say that I do not disagree with you.” The words “cannot,” “not” and “disagree” all have negative meanings on their own. Because there are three of them in the sentence, the sentence has a negative overall meaning. Saying “I do not disagree with you” would be positive, since it has only two negatives -- but Groucho “cannot say” that, so in fact he disagrees with his listener.
1593908008733.png

Ummm, you do. You would starve to death if you didn't have MAGA people growing your food, transporting it, and selling it. You retard.
Back at you goob.

Excuse me, MAGAturds are working from home or better still sitting on their ass's getting disability checks....The real americans, ie brown people, are the ones out here picking the food, transporting the food and selling the food at your local Krogers and Walmart chains. Stop idolizing these Amazon mogals, they would BE NOTHING WITHOUT BROWN PEOPLE RISKING THEIR LIVES ON THE JOB.

I guess you've never been to Kansas or Nebraska then. You should get out of your moms basement more.

The realization that we don't make nothing in this country anymore...

I hate double negatives... "we don't make nothing..."

So what you're saying is, in this country we make something...
/----/ How do you feel about Triple Negatives?
Triple negatives usually take a few seconds to think through. For instance, comedian Groucho Marx famously said, “I cannot say that I do not disagree with you.” The words “cannot,” “not” and “disagree” all have negative meanings on their own. Because there are three of them in the sentence, the sentence has a negative overall meaning. Saying “I do not disagree with you” would be positive, since it has only two negatives -- but Groucho “cannot say” that, so in fact he disagrees with his listener.
View attachment 359395

Now you're just making my head hurt...

So can I put you down as supporting Trump's agenda of bringing manufacturing back to America, or no?
That's a part of why he was elected. Yes we need to make our own stuff.
The greatest part of America was built on self-reliance.

1asostupid.jpg

As long as what I buy isn't worthless, it doesn't matter to me who makes it. I appreciate those who share with the rest of us the good that they bring to the picture at all.

God bless you and those who aren't selfish always!!!

Holly

Welcome to the fight to Make America Great Again. :thup:

EVERYBODY MAKES THE PRODUCT BUT US, WE'RE SIMPLY THERE TO BUY IT and that shit makes you sad.

Not true. The United States is the second biggest supplier world wide, of manufactured goods in the world.

The only one larger, is China, which isn't surprising given they have 1.4 Billion people, and we have 0.3 Billion people.

What is surprising, is that a country of only 300 some million, and produce 18% of the worlds manufactured goods, when there are 8 Billion people in the world.

But the US produces tons of goods. I have personally been in manufacturing most of my life. Products I have personally built in the US, include power converters, emergency lights and controls, printers, computers, manufacturing control systems, automobile parts, circuit boards of a wide variety, and even just replacement outdoor LED light assemblies. It would be hard to guess how many millions of dollars in products I've built in my life time.

Now it is generally true that when you specifically, as a consumer at a retail outlet, are less likely to see cheap low-cost goods built in the US. This is because they are cheap low-cost goods.

I can get into why that is.

But there are many good quality made in the USA products. Washers and driers, ovens and refrigerators. Things that are expensive enough, that you can make them with US labor profitably. Or things that are too heavy to ship from others countries. Heating and Air systems, computers, printers, and obviously cars and trucks. Furniture is made in the US. Just not the cheap put-it-together-yourself stuff from Ikea and Walmart. Again, cheap stuff is imported.

Thousands of things are built in the US. Just not that cheap plastic dinner plate at the store, or that air fryer you got. Those things are too cheap to be made in the US profitably.

Everything is centered around food....food that makes us the most unhealthiest fat people on the planet.

There is nothing inherently bad about food from fast-food joints. That's mythology. If you look at the bread used on a burger, it is no different than the bread you buy at the store. If you look at the ground beef used on a burger, it is no different than the ground beef you buy the store.

And honestly, claiming that it makes use the most unhealthiest fat people on the planet..... yeah tell that to people in Venezuela.

Screenshot_2020-07-04 starvation venezuela - Google Search.png

The most unhealthiest fat people on the planet? If you can't tell what is going on in the picture above, those people dumped out trash cans on the street, and are picking through them for food.

The cause of being fat, has to do with choosing to eat food you don't need, and not work. I've known people that ate more food than me, who were more skinny than me, because they worked more than I did.

Going to McDonald's doesn't make you fat. Eating two big macs, and then laying on the couch watching biggest loser, while eating the super sized fries.. is what makes you fat.

And I'm a fat guy. I've lost weight, tons of weight actually, while going out to eat in the past. Because I was working non-stop.

We're not gonna get any real changes coming from the Trump administration

What exactly would you like for the Trump administration to do?

The only things that the Federal Government can do to increase US manufacturing (which I assume is what you want with your "real change"), is make it easier and faster to start a manufacturing project... and/or make it more profitable to manufacturer something in the US.

For the 'faster easier' part, deregulation. Which Trump has engaged in some modest levels of deregulation.

So he's done that.

The other side is to make it more profitable. There are two things the US can do to make it more profitable. One way is to reduce the cost of labor, which Trump has not done. This would involve reducing the Obama Care requirements, and reducing mandates on benefits.

Trump has not done that, but the other way is to reduce taxes, like the Corporate tax. Which Trump has done.

Now one of the problems with doing this is, people act like toddlers going "I want it now! Why hasn't it changed NOW?!?".

Well, it takes between 4 to 8 years for a company to open a manufacturing plant. It takes 2 to 4 years just to plan out a new manufacturing plant. Then they announce it, and it takes an additional 2 to 4 years to get all the approvals, build the place, and then plan out all the supply chains, get the new employees hired, and have a start date.

I remember when my company decided they wanted to open a new processing facility here in Columbus Ohio. It was 2014, or 2015 when they started working on their plans. It wasn't until 2019 that the facility operated with a full crew.

Companies are opening manufacturing all over the country.

I would guess that years after Trump leaves office, we will see a massive manufacturing boom.
Of course other people, which had nothing to do with that boom, will take credit for it.

UUUMMM why do you think Trump ditched NAFTA.....and was sanctioning China.....have you been paying attn at all

UUUMMM why do you think Trump ditched NAFTA.....and was sanctioning China.....have you been paying attn at all
Ditched Nafta my as, the man simply renamed the shtt, read the original GOP nafta and his and as for China.....read Boltons book...TRUMP IS ALL TALK BUT VERY LITTLE ACTION...just ask our farmers who are still waiting on this trade deal to put them back on the food train.

EVERYBODY MAKES THE PRODUCT BUT US, WE'RE SIMPLY THERE TO BUY IT and that shit makes you sad.

Not true. The United States is the second biggest supplier world wide, of manufactured goods in the world.

The only one larger, is China, which isn't surprising given they have 1.4 Billion people, and we have 0.3 Billion people.

What is surprising, is that a country of only 300 some million, and produce 18% of the worlds manufactured goods, when there are 8 Billion people in the world.

But the US produces tons of goods. I have personally been in manufacturing most of my life. Products I have personally built in the US, include power converters, emergency lights and controls, printers, computers, manufacturing control systems, automobile parts, circuit boards of a wide variety, and even just replacement outdoor LED light assemblies. It would be hard to guess how many millions of dollars in products I've built in my life time.

Now it is generally true that when you specifically, as a consumer at a retail outlet, are less likely to see cheap low-cost goods built in the US. This is because they are cheap low-cost goods.

But there are many good quality made in the USA products. Washers and driers, ovens and refrigerators. Things that are expensive enough, that you can make them with US labor profitably. Or things that are too heavy to ship from others countries. Heating and Air systems, computers, printers, and obviously cars and trucks. Furniture is made in the US. Just not the cheap put-it-together-yourself stuff from Ikea and Walmart. Again, cheap stuff is imported.

Thousands of things are built in the US. Just not that cheap plastic dinner plate at the store, or that air fryer you got. Those things are too cheap to be made in the US profitably.

Everything is centered around food....food that makes us the most unhealthiest fat people on the planet.

There is nothing inherently bad about food from fast-food joints. That's mythology. If you look at the bread used on a burger, it is no different than the bread you buy at the store. If you look at the ground beef used on a burger, it is no different than the ground beef you buy the store.

And honestly, claiming that it makes use the most unhealthiest fat people on the planet..... yeah tell that to people in Venezuela.

View attachment 359483
The most unhealthiest fat people on the planet? If you can't tell what is going on in the picture above, those people dumped out trash cans on the street, and are picking through them for food.

The cause of being fat, has to do with choosing to eat food you don't need, and not work. I've known people that ate more food than me, who were more skinny than me, because they worked more than I did.

Going to McDonald's doesn't make you fat. Eating two big macs, and then laying on the couch watching biggest loser, while eating the super sized fries.. is what makes you fat.

And I'm a fat guy. I've lost weight, tons of weight actually, while going out to eat in the past. Because I was working non-stop.

The only things that the Federal Government can do to increase US manufacturing (which I assume is what you want with your "real change"), is make it easier and faster to start a manufacturing project... and/or make it more profitable to manufacturer something in the US.

For the 'faster easier' part, deregulation. Which Trump has engaged in some modest levels of deregulation.

So he's done that.

The other side is to make it more profitable. There are two things the US can do to make it more profitable. One way is to reduce the cost of labor, which Trump has not done. This would involve reducing the Obama Care requirements, and reducing mandates on benefits.

Trump has not done that, but the other way is to reduce taxes, like the Corporate tax. Which Trump has done.

Now one of the problems with doing this is, people act like toddlers going "I want it now! Why hasn't it changed NOW?!?".

Well, it takes between 4 to 8 years for a company to open a manufacturing plant. It takes 2 to 4 years just to plan out a new manufacturing plant. Then they announce it, and it takes an additional 2 to 4 years to get all the approvals, build the place, and then plan out all the supply chains, get the new employees hired, and have a start date.

I remember when my company decided they wanted to open a new processing facility here in Columbus Ohio. It was 2014, or 2015 when they started working on their plans. It wasn't until 2019 that the facility operated with a full crew.

I would guess that years after Trump leaves office, we will see a massive manufacturing boom.
Of course other people, which had nothing to do with that boom, will take credit for it.
I guess that's one of our hidden treasure, us making things in this country. But your commentary was very informative, really

I personally am on my way out...I'm gonna retire hopefully next year, but I do pray God this next generation get it together and build this country on a better foundation that can withstand all the curve balls thrown at her and still win.

View attachment 359483

So he's done that.

I guess that's one of our hidden treasure, us making things in this country. But your commentary was very informative, really

Yeah, it really is a matter of what you actually see.

I can't speak for your specific area that you live, but I live in a suburb of Columbus called Hilliard.

Just in my suburb.... We have companies that manufacture the following:

• Computers.
  • Control systems for emergency vehicles.
  • Electronic for utility vehicles sold world wide (Egypt, France, Singapore, Israel and I don't remember the rest)
  • Mattresses.
  • Windows and glass doors.
  • Radars (mounted on custom street legal vans)
  • Industrial cookers and ovens.
  • Firetrucks.
  • Refrigerated box cars, and trailers.
  • Oil products

That's one suburb of Columbus Ohio. And by the way that is only the stuff I specifically know about. There are places here, that I know they manufacture something, but I don't know what exactly.

So again as I said in the prior post, think about all the stuff you walk into a store and see. None of it is going to be the high cost, high quality, products that I listed above.

All the stuff you see on the retail shelves, are going to be cheap stuff. Your mattress might have been made in America, but you don't see mattresses on the shelf at walmart.

You may own a triple-pane glass window made in the USA, but you don't see triple pane glass windows on the shelves at Meijers.

Years ago I visited Sutphen Towers, which builds fire trucks, which I listed above. I worked at a company called Vanner which produced Control systems for Emergency vehicles, which I listed that above too. The model of firetruck they had just finished and were rolling off the line to ship to a customer in another state, had one of the control systems I built, installed and operating in that firetruck. I checked the date, and it was from when I was there, and I likely built it, and it was operating in a firetruck.

Sorry, I found that kind of neat and had to mention it. :)

The point though is, it really is a hidden treasure as it were
. We build tons of stuff in the country. The problem is, none of that stuff is on the shelf at the retail stores, and we get the impression that nothing is built in the United States. It's not true.

By the way, I thought that way too. For years I remember telling people "we build nothing here! this is pathetic!".

But then I just started thinking back about all the stuff I've built in manufacturing jobs. I manufactured electronic boards (ADL Tech), and then worked at a place manufactured those parts into working products (Vanner Power Systems), then I visited places that used those products in the manufacturing of their products (Sutphen Towers). Then I started looking around my little town.... and there is manufacturing all over the place. It's just not the cheap glass cups and plastic plates at Walmart.

I personally am on my way out...I'm gonna retire hopefully next year, but I do pray God this next generation get it together and build this country on a better foundation that can withstand all the curve balls thrown at her and still win.

It can happen. It really can. The moment China allowed capitalism, and encourages people to open businesses and make money, the economy exploded.

The same can happen here. But it's going to take a really hard effort on older generation to tell the newer generation, that what they are being told in the media is a lie.

Yes, you can make it in this country. The big corporations can't hold you down, and they are not even trying to. You can be successful. You can start your own business.

My last job... I worked at a company called Sarcom. Sarcom was started by a guy that walked into a computer store, and the pathetic and rude staff, did a lousy job.

He walked out and said to himself... crud I sell computers better than that. So he opened up his store, and called it "Sarah and Randy's Computers". Sarah, was his wife of course, which is another thing ... we need to start teaching men the value of getting married, staying married, and women that this is how you end up with a fulfilled life.

But he opened that store, and 15 years later, he's got 200+ employees, and nation wide contracts with the companies that that when he first opened, he was in competition with. When he opened his own store, he was competing against IBM, and the major companies.

When I worked there in the late 90s, IBM had signed a contract with him, to sell their computers, because he was selling their computers, better than IBM was selling them.

This is all there is too it. Stop telling people "little man can't get ahead" and black people "The white man is holding you down".

No.... you can succeed. Everyone can succeed.

Forum List

Back