The Reality that Racists Who Are White Refuse to Face

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
Documenting the Costs of Slavery, Segregation, and Contemporary Racism: Why Reparations Are in Order for African Americans
1627116576570.png

Joe Richard Feagin is an American sociologist and social theorist who has conducted extensive research on racial and gender issues, especially in regard to the United States. He is currently the Ella C. McFadden Distinguished Professor at Texas A&M University. Feagin has taught at the University of Massachusetts, Boston, University of California, Riverside, University of Texas at Austin, University of Florida, and Texas A&M University. Feagin has done much research work on race and ethnic relations and has served as the scholar in residence at the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights. He has written over 60 books. He is the 2006 recipient of a Harvard Alumni Association achievement award and was the 1999–2000 president of the American Sociological Association.

Since the mid-1600s, now for some fifteen generations or so, the exploitation and oppression of African Americans has redistributed income and wealth earned by black labor to generations of white Americans, thereby leaving the former relatively impoverished as a group and the latter relatively privileged as a group. Consider just the value of the African American labor that was expropriated. The white owner’s cost for maintaining an enslaved African American was generally very low, and under many circumstances large profits could be generated from the labor of such a subordinated worker. For example, researcher Larry Neal has calculated that the current (1983) value of the slave labor expropriated by whites from 1620 to 1865 ranges from about $963 billion to as much as $97,064 billion, depending on the rate of interest chosen for the long intervening period. Historical economist James Marketti estimates the dollar value of the labor taken from enslaved African Americans from 1790 to 1860 to be, depending on the historical assumptions, from $7 billion to as much as $40 billion. Such a figure roughly indicates what black individuals and families lost in income because they did not control their labor. Marketti suggests that, if that stolen income is multiplied by taking into account lost interest from then to the present, the current (1983) economic loss (income diverted) for black Americans ranges from $2.1 to $4.7 trillion. Updating these 1983 estimates to today would place the current value of the diverted income from black labor, plus interest, into many trillions of United States dollars.

Numerous white analysts have attacked the idea of white society owing such back wages for slavery; they argue that figuring out the debts of a supposedly too-distant history is just too difficult. Yet such an argument almost always fails to note that the damages done to African Americans did not end with slavery, but persisted for another one hundred years in the form of legal segregation, and then for several more decades in present-day discrimination. The era of black enslavement was not followed by a century of redress, justice, and equality, but rather just the opposite. Moreover, today, there are millions of living African Americans who suffered severely under legal segregation, and many more continue to suffer today from racial discrimination at the hands of many white Americans.

Of course I will see the standard retardation by delusional racist whites and those who wannabe white about democrats and liberals, but this is reality and if you have to concoct some crazy shit to deny what is documented in the American record, your ass is a mental case needing to take up residency at your nearest funny farm.

My ancestors might have been slaves under the Romans building aqueducts, roads, bridges and so much more (much of which are still used today). Great article as I will now start to estimate how much the Italian government owes me.

I am unable to continue a productive life and overcome the trauma until the Italian government pays me what I am owed.

Documenting the Costs of Slavery, Segregation, and Contemporary Racism: Why Reparations Are in Order for African Americans
View attachment 516672

Joe Richard Feagin is an American sociologist and social theorist who has conducted extensive research on racial and gender issues, especially in regard to the United States. He is currently the Ella C. McFadden Distinguished Professor at Texas A&M University. Feagin has taught at the University of Massachusetts, Boston, University of California, Riverside, University of Texas at Austin, University of Florida, and Texas A&M University. Feagin has done much research work on race and ethnic relations and has served as the scholar in residence at the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights. He has written over 60 books. He is the 2006 recipient of a Harvard Alumni Association achievement award and was the 1999–2000 president of the American Sociological Association.

Since the mid-1600s, now for some fifteen generations or so, the exploitation and oppression of African Americans has redistributed income and wealth earned by black labor to generations of white Americans, thereby leaving the former relatively impoverished as a group and the latter relatively privileged as a group. Consider just the value of the African American labor that was expropriated. The white owner’s cost for maintaining an enslaved African American was generally very low, and under many circumstances large profits could be generated from the labor of such a subordinated worker. For example, researcher Larry Neal has calculated that the current (1983) value of the slave labor expropriated by whites from 1620 to 1865 ranges from about $963 billion to as much as $97,064 billion, depending on the rate of interest chosen for the long intervening period. Historical economist James Marketti estimates the dollar value of the labor taken from enslaved African Americans from 1790 to 1860 to be, depending on the historical assumptions, from $7 billion to as much as $40 billion. Such a figure roughly indicates what black individuals and families lost in income because they did not control their labor. Marketti suggests that, if that stolen income is multiplied by taking into account lost interest from then to the present, the current (1983) economic loss (income diverted) for black Americans ranges from $2.1 to $4.7 trillion. Updating these 1983 estimates to today would place the current value of the diverted income from black labor, plus interest, into many trillions of United States dollars.

Numerous white analysts have attacked the idea of white society owing such back wages for slavery; they argue that figuring out the debts of a supposedly too-distant history is just too difficult. Yet such an argument almost always fails to note that the damages done to African Americans did not end with slavery, but persisted for another one hundred years in the form of legal segregation, and then for several more decades in present-day discrimination. The era of black enslavement was not followed by a century of redress, justice, and equality, but rather just the opposite. Moreover, today, there are millions of living African Americans who suffered severely under legal segregation, and many more continue to suffer today from racial discrimination at the hands of many white Americans.

Of course I will see the standard retardation by delusional racist whites and those who wannabe white about democrats and liberals, but this is reality and if you have to concoct some crazy shit to deny what is documented in the American record, your ass is a mental case needing to take up residency at your nearest funny farm.

Tl / dr

My ancestors left Europe because they did not like how they were treated.

Those who do not like America need to do the same ASAP.

3% of American whites were involved with slavery, and 95% of those were Jews. 70% of American whites in the north thought it was worth a war to stop it. The OP hates my ancestors because they were white, and sweeps aside their sacrifices because the narrative does not fit.

Black bigots who hate America may just discover that enough Americans like America to do something about those obsessed with staying here to hate her when they are free to leave.

Myself and my ancestors owe blacks NOTHING.

Come up to my face and ask for reparations when black thugs have murdererd four of my ancestors since the civil war and you will get yours.... Total equality. Off mine....

Okay get your reparations, but it won’t matter. Blacks as a group will always be at the bottom of the economic scale.

My ancestors might have been slaves under the Romans building aqueducts, roads, bridges and so much more (much of which are still used today). Great article as I will now start to estimate how much the Italian government owes me.

I am unable to continue a productive life and overcome the trauma until the Italian government pays me what I am owed.

I see you didn't read the link, you just read the OP and posted dumb shit. In fact, you didn't even read to OP.

"Numerous white analysts have attacked the idea of white society owing such back wages for slavery; they argue that figuring out the debts of a supposedly too-distant history is just too difficult. Yet such an argument almost always fails to note that the damages done to African Americans did not end with slavery, but persisted for another one hundred years in the form of legal segregation, and then for several more decades in present-day discrimination. The era of black enslavement was not followed by a century of redress, justice, and equality, but rather just the opposite. Moreover, today, there are millions of living African Americans who suffered severely under legal segregation, and many more continue to suffer today from racial discrimination at the hands of many white Americans."

Idiot.

Okay get your reparations, but it won’t matter. Blacks as a group will always be at the bottom of the economic scale.
Not if we get what we are owed. Because we aren't on the bottom now.

View attachment 516672

The excuses that liberal use to explain black dysfunction and failure in 2021 stretch back to 1619.

but they defy common sense

because 13% of the population no matter how hard they work cannot be responsible for 100% of the wealth

and in spite of lib revisionists claims other academics have argued that slavery was actually an anchor on economic progress

Of course you’re on the bottom and always have been. Some say you always will be.

You fail to recognize the efforts to help your race since the 1960s. Those efforts are costly but haven’t helped to improve economic conditions for most blacks.

My ancestors left Europe because they did not like how they were treated.

Those who do not like America need to do the same ASAP.

3% of American whites were involved with slavery, and 95% of those were Jews. 70% of American whites in the north thought it was worth a war to stop it. The OP hates my ancestors because they were white, and sweeps aside their sacrifices because the narrative does not fit.

Black bigots who hate America may just discover that enough Americans like America to do something about those obsessed with staying here to hate her when they are free to leave.

Myself and my ancestors owe blacks NOTHING.

Come up to my face and ask for reparations when black thugs have murdererd four of my ancestors since the civil war and you will get yours.... Total equality. Off mine....
The government of this country owes us dumb ass. This is always where you stupids fail. Read this real close because slavery is not the only reason for reparations. Your ancestors left Europe and they are white. So they benefitted from being white. Read this and learn that your argument has no merit.

"Numerous white analysts have attacked the idea of white society owing such back wages for slavery; they argue that figuring out the debts of a supposedly too-distant history is just too difficult. Yet such an argument almost always fails to note that the damages done to African Americans did not end with slavery, but persisted for another one hundred years in the form of legal segregation, and then for several more decades in present-day discrimination. The era of black enslavement was not followed by a century of redress, justice, and equality, but rather just the opposite. Moreover, today, there are millions of living African Americans who suffered severely under legal segregation, and many more continue to suffer today from racial discrimination at the hands of many white Americans."

Those like you don't want to discuss the years after slavery. And I don't think you want to face a man who has had relatives lynched, spit on and beaten by whites. So I will walk up to your face and talk about reparations and we will have a discussion or you can walk away.

Of course you’re on the bottom and always have been. Some say you always will be.

You fail to recognize the efforts to help your race since the 1960s. Those efforts are costly but haven’t helped to improve economic conditions for most blacks.

I don't fail to see what was not done. I am black, I know exactly what was proposed, not what I want to believe was proposed like you are doing now.

You were never a slave and are owed NOTHING by other citizens who were never slave holders

As expected. The same dumb ass replies while knowing that reparations are not just being asked for slavery. None of you cowards can face:

The truth.

As expected. The same dumb ass replies while knowing that reparations are not just being asked for slavery. None of you cowards can face:

The truth.
Go panhandle on some other street corner

between the two of us I am the one who should be angry over slavery while you should be grateful it existed

IM2 blacks should be thanking their lucky stars they were brought to America, and out of shithole Africa....they are over represented in great jobs like the Auto industry/USPS/governmental..and of course MILLIONAIRE athletes/entertainers...
.....they'd be starving/etc in Africa

Africa- massive shithole
etc many pics:
1627128462968.png

potable WATER!!!!
1627128551759.png

etc etc

I see you didn't read the link, you just read the OP and posted dumb shit. In fact, you didn't even read to OP.

Idiot.
wrong....your pissed because the response didn't agree w/you....BOO-HOO.....your opinion means shit, except to you

What are you owed? How much is that? Is that a one time payment or do you only take a little a spread it across future? Who qualifies? Who doesn’t?

My family did not own slaves and my family has been subject to racism under the confederate flag, discrimination and racial slurs

While I won’t be asking for reparations, I do ask that Former President Obama and current Vice President Harris write the first checks towards reparations given that their ancestors owned slaves.

Forum List

Back