The realities of the Trump administration

Election Day is in three weeks. Senate Republicans are in a hurry to confirm Trump's choice for the Supreme Court before they lose both the Oval Office and the Senate. If they confirm Barrett before November 3, they will be setting a new record for confirmation speed while denying the American people the right to make to make the life-long appointment to the Supreme Court.

Other than denying the people the right to choose, why are the Republicans in such a rush? It is quite simple. The court is likely to hear the case regarding the ACA on November 10. The health plan approved by Congress includes coverage for preexisting conditions. Trump and Republicans want the Supreme Court to strike it down. The conservative Barrett has already expressed her opposition to the health plan. It's why she was chosen in the first place.

That's the rush.

The vast majority of Americans will view this election as a referendum on the safety net for preexisting conditions. The Biden/Harris ticket favor the coverage. The Republicans want to end it.

Put a different way, if a voter has a preexisting condition and votes for Trump and a GOP Senator, said voter is doing so against his/her own health interests.

Vote early!

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott touted a victory in a court battle over his proclamation that each county in the state can only have one location for people to drop off their ballots ahead of the Nov. 3 election.

In Georgia there were long waits to vote, some exceeding eight hours. Also, there were computer glitches at several polling places, including a huge voting location inside State Farm Arena in downtown Atlanta.

These two Republican governed states in the South need to upgrade themselves out of the Middle Ages.

They are an embarrassment. It should be noted, both states are Trump strongholds.

The Trump administration can't even conduct the census count without involving the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court on Tuesday granted a request from the Trump administration to halt the census count while an appeal plays out over a lower court's order that it continue.

The administration had asked the high court for "immediate relief" because a lower court order would have required the census count to continue until October 31. The Trump administration argued that would have prevented Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross from delivering a count of the nation's population to President Donald Trump by December 31.

Trump wanted to cut down on the trade deficit to create jobs at home.

The U.S. trade deficit surged in July to $63.6 billion, the highest level in 12 years, as imports jumped by a record amount.

Trump promised us a wall which Mexico would pay for.

As of Aug. 7, work had been completed on 30 miles of barriers where none had existed prior to Trump’s presidency, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection. [Americans taxes paid for the work, not Mexico.]

Has anyone noticed? The U.S. is completely isolated. There has not been any diplomacy involving America and its allies in several months. Why? We no longer have any allies, unless you count Russia. We know Putin is enormously pleased with Trump's performance, chaos in Washington, racial violence in our streets, and a shattered economy.

From Putin's point of view, what's not to like?

Our once great economy is in shatters because Trump viewed the coming pandemic through the lens of his fantasies.

Did Trump do anything right?

Last edited:
1602636546510.png

June 9, 2018

Election Day is in three weeks. Senate Republicans are in a hurry to confirm Trump's choice for the Supreme Court before they lose both the Oval Office and the Senate. If they confirm Barrett before November 3, they will be setting a new record for confirmation speed while denying the American people the right to make to make the life-long appointment to the Supreme Court.

Other than denying the people the right to choose, why are the Republicans in such a rush? It is quite simple. The court is likely to hear the case regarding the ACA on November 10. The health plan approved by Congress includes coverage for preexisting conditions. Trump and Republicans want the Supreme Court to strike it down. The conservative Barrett has already expressed her opposition to the health plan. It's why she was chosen in the first place.

That's the rush.

The vast majority of Americans will view this election as a referendum on the safety net for preexisting conditions. The Biden/Harris ticket favor the coverage. The Republicans want to end it.

Put a different way, if a voter has a preexisting condition and votes for Trump and a GOP Senator, said voter is doing so against his/her own health interests.

Vote early!

Comrade, as a communist you're what we call "abysmally fucking stupid."

Even IF you traitor fucks are able to steal the election with millions of fraudulent mail in ballots, the Americans will still hold the Presidency until January. There is plenty of time to confirm justice Barrett.

But of course, when you DO start in with the MASSIVE election fraud, it will end up in the SCOTUS, and the 4-4 split you counted on will be gone. 4 lefties, 4 Americans, with Barrett joining the Americans.

What this election is, is a plebiscite on the existence of America as a free and sovereign nation. The Maoist democrats party seeks to end America for all time.

The Trump administration can't even conduct the census count without involving the Supreme Court.
The U.S. is completely isolated. There has not been any diplomacy involving America and its allies in several months. Why? We no longer have any allies, unless you count Russia. We know Putin is enormously pleased with Trump's performance, chaos in Washington, racial violence in our streets, and a shattered economy.

Trump is pathetic. Does he think he can win reelection by lying? He is endearing himself to his followers but turning off everyone else. He makes no attempt to broaden his base. In fact, he discourages it. Case in point ...

Trump baselessly claimed that Biden supports policy positions that the former vice president does not actually hold.

Trump lied, for example, that Biden's plan would "destroy protections for pre-existing conditions." Trump is the one trying to eliminate Obamacare, including the protections the law created for people with pre-existing conditions. Biden, conversely, is running on a pledge to preserve and strengthen Obamacare, including those protections for pre-existing conditions.

Trump also warned that Biden will "outlaw" private health insurance plans. But Biden has vocally rejected proposals to eliminate private insurance, instead proposing a "public option" that would allow people to voluntarily opt into a government insurance plan.

Biden was born in Scranton, Pennsylvania. But Trump said: "They say he was born in Scranton, but he left, he left. He abandoned you."
Trump's allegation is misleading to the point of absurdity. Biden didn't make his own decision to leave Pennsylvania. His family moved from Pennsylvania to Delaware, where his father had found a job, when he was 10 years old.

I could go on, but the point has been made. Trump wants to lie his way through the campaign. He is stupid enough to think he can win that way.

"I feel so powerful, I'll walk into that audience. I'll walk in there, I'll kiss everyone in that audience," Trump said in Sanford, Florida. "I'll kiss the guys and the beautiful women and the -- everybody. I'll just give everybody a big, fat kiss."

Trump's base is the strangest alliance in American history. Trump's followers do not want to talk about what Trump is doing and saying. Instead, his followers talk about Democrats. They won't even defend themselves.

That is really weird.

It must be a question of intellectual capacity. Supporting a man one doesn't want to talk about is sheer stupidity.

Trump's base is the strangest alliance in American history. Trump's followers do not want to talk about what Trump is doing and saying. Instead, his followers talk about Democrats. They won't even defend themselves.

“Treason. Treason. It’s treason,” Trump said in an interview with CBN News. “They’d been spying on my campaign,” Trump told CBN News’s David Brody. “Turned out I was right. Let’s see what happens to them now.”

Obama committed “the biggest political crime in American history. “OBAMAGATE!”” Trump tweeted.

Asked at a news conference to explain what he was claiming Obama had done, Trump declined. “You know what the crime is,” Trump told reporters. “The crime is very obvious to everybody.”

"They are coming after me because I am fighting for you, that's what's happening," Trump said while accepting the GOP nomination. "It's been going on from before I even got elected. And remember this, they spied on my campaign and they got caught. Let's see now what happens." He sounds more like a paranoid schizophrenic than an American President. This is the man Trump's followers chose.

It’s all over, just as I said it would be. First, the Durham Report, and now this.

The federal prosecutor appointed by Attorney General William P. Barr to review whether Obama-era officials improperly requested the identities of individuals whose names were redacted in intelligence documents has completed his work without finding any substantive wrongdoing, according to people familiar with the matter.

The revelation that U.S. Attorney John Bash had concluded his review without criminal charges or any public report will rankle President Trump at a moment when he is particularly upset at the Justice Department. The department has so far declined to release the results of Bash’s work, though people familiar with his findings say they would likely disappoint conservatives who have tried to paint the “unmasking” of names — a common practice in government to help understand classified documents — as a political conspiracy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...63fd2e-0d67-11eb-8074-0e943a91bf08_story.html

First, the Durham Report, and now this.

The Post reports, " This was just one of several bogus investigations Barr has ordered to come up with something, anything that might prove that President Barack Obama’s administration executed a massive conspiracy to destroy Trump. Barr recently revealed that the official he sent on one such errand, John Durham, will not be delivering his report on the beginnings of the government’s investigation of the Russia scandal before the election after all. Trump described the delay as “a disgrace.”

"We don’t know exactly why Durham’s report won’t be coming out before the election, but I’m pretty sure it isn’t because Barr got a sudden attack of conscience and decided he should follow Justice Department guidance and tradition on not taking steps that could influence a campaign just before Election Day.

"Far more likely is that Durham just couldn’t find the evidence. There was no nefarious conspiracy to uncover, no high-level wrongdoing to prosecute, no blockbuster revelations that would provide fodder for a dozen episodes aired by Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson."

What will Trump's followers say to all this? Not a damn thing. They are a pretty defeated bunch.

Trump is trying to buy votes with rhetoric again. He really thinks all his problems will go away with false promises. Fortunately no one believes him except his uninformed base.

They believe anything.

CNBC reports, "Trump said that he would raise his offer for a stimulus package above his current level of $1.8 trillion."

“I would. Absolutely I would. I would say more. I would go higher. Go big or go home, I said it yesterday,” Trump told Fox Business.

Trump's followers will believe that fantasy. Everyone else knows Trump fully realizes the Senate, controlled by his party, will never accept what he is suggesting. His false promise is designed to woo votes from the uneducated and uninformed.

The pandemic is surging across the U.S., and nearly all states are seeing an increase in cases. There were 59,700 new cases and 970 deaths in one day, yesterday. Today so far, there are over 61,200 new cases and 840 deaths. United States Coronavirus: 8,212,078 Cases and 222,683 Deaths - Worldometer

What has been Trump's reaction? He is still living in his personal fantasy world. He says we are "doing fine."

Does anyone really want to vote for someone who is totally clueless?

Vote early!

This was written yesterday. "For someone who is so ill-informed, believes in his own fantasies, and consistently lies, Trump has enormous confidence in himself. He never should have agreed to tonight's town hall meeting. No doubt he will make a complete fool of himself ... again."

Trump really has lost his mind. He forgot he agreed to the town hall meeting on NBC tonight, and he insists that he is being "set up" in an event he agreed to. Can you say paranoid schizophrenia?

Trump now says he is upset about NBC's decision to host a town hall with him opposite a similar event featuring rival Joe Biden on ABC. Whe-e-e!

Trump forgot that was what he wanted to do to marginalize the effect of Biden's town hall meeting. Anyway, that was thinking. Now that the time is near, suddenly he has second thoughts.

Trump bashed the network during a campaign rally in Greenville, North Carolina, saying in part, “So you know I’m being set up tonight. I’m doing this town hall with Concast, C-O-N, right, con, because it’s a con job.” This is surreal. Trump is a very sick man.

“It’s NBC, the worst,” Trump added. “Home of Sleepy-Eyed Chuck Todd and some others."

Then, in an example of a bipolar disorder, Trump said, "I'll see you later on, NBC. I look forward to it,"

Deep inside Trump knows he will make a fool of himself again. He just can't help himself. It's in his DNA.

Oddly enough, in the real world it is NBC who is catching heat for this town hall. The network has received an avalanche of criticism over its decision to air a town hall with Trump directly opposite ABC's previously scheduled town hall with Biden.

What the hell do Trump's supporters see in him?

We will never know. As is evident by this thread and countless others, Trump's supporters do not talk about Trump.

This source contributed to this report:

I could not take it anymore. It was just like the last time with Biden and Wallace. Trump would not allow the moderator to talk or finish her questions.

Some think that tactic wins debates. Actually, it is a sign of weakness and desperation. Trump didn't allow Biden, Wallace, or the moderator tonight to finish what they were saying because Trump is unsure of himself. When he is talking, the other person cannot point out his lies and the weaknesses of his positions. In addition, he would not answer questions. He would quickly change the subject and keep on talking.

So, Trump talked and talked and talked. It is a common tactic with Republicans these days when confronted by reporters -- or, in this case, a moderator.

Conclusion: Trump made a complete fool of himself again.

Last edited:
I could not take it any more. It was just like the last time with Biden and Wallace. Trump would not allow the moderator to talk or finish her questions.

Some think that wins debates. Actually, it is a sign of weakness and desperation. Trump didn't allow Biden, Wallace, or the moderator tonight to finish what they were saying because Trump is unsure of himself. When he is talking, the other person cannot point out his lies and the weaknesses of his positions. In addition, he would not answer questions. He would quickly change the subject and keep on talking.

So, Trump talked and talked and talked. It is a common tactic with Republicans these days when confronted by reporters -- or, in this case, a moderator.

The moderator is an ignorant shill.
She makes a few million a year and doesn't understand anything about having her taxes prepared?
Are you as stupid as her?

I could not take it any more. It was just like the last time with Biden and Wallace. Trump would not allow the moderator to talk or finish her questions.

Some think that wins debates. Actually, it is a sign of weakness and desperation. Trump didn't allow Biden, Wallace, or the moderator tonight to finish what they were saying because Trump is unsure of himself. When he is talking, the other person cannot point out his lies and the weaknesses of his positions. In addition, he would not answer questions. He would quickly change the subject and keep on talking.

The moderator is an ignorant shill.
She makes a few million a year and doesn't understand anything about having her taxes prepared?
Are you as stupid as her?
Yes , yes he is .

CBS News reports, "At a town hall Thursday night, NBC News' Savannah Guthrie went toe-to-toe with President Trump, giving him one of the most aggressive interviews he's experienced as president.

"Guthrie pressed the president on his COVID-19 diagnosis, his last negative test, his personal dislike for masks and the conspiracy group QAnon, pressing him and not letting him evade answering.

"The NBC News journalist asked Mr. Trump about his retweet this week of a conspiracy theory that Biden orchestrated to have Seal Team 6 killed to cover up the fake death of Osama Bin Laden."

"Why would you send a lie like that to your followers?" Guthrie asked him.

"I know nothing about it," Mr. Trump said.

"You retweeted it," Guthrie pointed out.

"That was a retweet, that was an opinion of somebody, and that was a retweet. I'll put it out there, people can decide for themselves, I don't take a position," the president responded.

"I don't get that," Guthrie countered. "You're the president — you're not like someone's crazy uncle who can just retweet whatever!"

"Guthrie also challenged the president on his claim that he doesn't know what QAnon is, despite having retweeted multiple QAnon accounts and having been asked about the conspiracy theory before."

"I don't know," the president said.

"You do know," Guthrie countered.

There were several times Trump claimed he didn't know when he obviously did because he engaged the issue as in the case of Bin Laden and QAnon.

Little wonder why he continuously interrupted Gutherie, but, as seen here, she made her point on several occasions.

Senator Ben Sasse, Republican of Nebraska, castigated President Trump in a telephone town hall with constituents on Wednesday, accusing the president of bungling the response to the coronavirus pandemic, cozying up to dictators and white supremacists, and offending voters so broadly that he might cause a “Republican blood bath” in the Senate.

In a dire, nine-minute indictment of Mr. Trump’s foreign policy and what Mr. Sasse called his “deficient” values, the senator said the president had mistreated women and alienated important allies around the globe, been a profligate spender, ignored human rights and treated the pandemic like a “P.R. crisis.” He predicted that a loss by Mr. Trump on Election Day, less than three weeks away, “looks likely,” and said that Republicans would face steep repercussions for having backed him so staunchly over four tumultuous years.

“The debate is not going to be, ‘Ben Sasse, why were you so mean to Donald Trump?’” Mr. Sasse said, according to audio obtained by The Washington Examiner and authenticated by The New York Times. “It’s going to be, ‘What the heck were any of us thinking, that selling a TV-obsessed, narcissistic individual to the American people was a good idea?’”

“We are staring down the barrel of a blue tsunami,” he added.

He [Sasse] predicted that a loss by Mr. Trump on Election Day, less than three weeks away, “looks likely,” and said that Republicans would face steep repercussions for having backed him so staunchly over four tumultuous years.

Trump's former White House chief of staff, retired Marine Gen. John Kelly, has told friends that Trump "is the most flawed person" he's ever known.

“The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life." Former White House chief of staff tells friends that Trump 'is the most flawed person' he's ever met

The Times reports, "The intelligence agencies warned the White House late last year that Russian intelligence officers were using Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani as a conduit for disinformation aimed at undermining Joseph R. Biden’s presidential run, according to four current and former American officials.

"Robert C. O’Brien, the national security adviser, presented the warning about Mr. Giuliani to Mr. Trump in December. Mr. Trump shrugged it off, officials said.

"The warning was prompted by a meeting on Dec. 5 between Mr. Giuliani and Andriy Derkach, a Ukrainian member of Parliament who takes pro-Kremlin positions. The Treasury Department recently labeled him “an active Russian agent for over a decade,” disclosing that he maintained ties to Moscow’s intelligence services as it imposed sanctions on him in September.

"Mr. Derkach has been releasing tapes of the former vice president’s conversations with Ukrainian officials. American officials said those tapes had been edited in misleading ways.

"Mr. Giuliani has made multiple trips to Ukraine to gather material that is damaging to the Biden campaign, and his December visit came as he tried to shift the political conversation from impeachment proceedings against Mr. Trump to unsubstantiated claims about Mr. Biden’s wrongdoing."

In the meantime, Trump's followers on this and other threads do not say a thing about Trump. That is fascinating. They are pretty much a defeated sort.

Senator Ben Sasse, Republican of Nebraska, castigated President Trump in a telephone town hall with constituents on Wednesday, accusing the president of bungling the response to the coronavirus pandemic, cozying up to dictators and white supremacists, and offending voters so broadly that he might cause a “Republican blood bath” in the Senate.
“The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life," Trump's former White House chief of staff, retired Marine Gen. John Kelly

Trump has totally lost his mind. He is so overcome by his paranoid schizophrenia that he has no desire to broaden his base. He likes the cheering too much. His mindless followers who are incapable of supporting him on this thread and others love him, and cheer madly at his gross conspiratorial accusations.

Unfortunately for Trump, Mary Wonderful and Joe Sixpack are turned off by his un-presidential, reckless rhetoric.

"Trump on Friday called Joe Biden and son Hunter “a crime family,” and the president’s supporters in Florida began chanting, “Lock him up." “It’s an organized crime family, as far as I’m concerned,” Trump said at an event aimed at seniors in Fort Myers, Florida," Washington Times.

Biden has never been accused of any crime worse than jaywalking. Trump has personally been accused of a wide variety of wrongdoing by prosecutors and accusers through the years, and he is currently under investigation by the U.S. district attorney in New York for tax fraud and campaign fraud.

Trump wasn't through making a complete fool of himself. Our President -- that's right, this idiot is our President -- called his rival in the upcoming election, Joe Biden, a national security threat on Saturday.

"Biden is a National Security threat!," Trump wrote in a tweet.

Is it any wonder why Mary and Joe are turned off by this guy. As shown on this thread and others, Trump is so bad his own followers can't defend what he says and does. Most of his mindless supporters don't know jack and they don't want to know.

Forum List

Back