The real reason the right-wing pushing so hard to make the oil spill Obama's Fault...

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
Manufacturing WAY up.

Exports way up.

Unemployment: 9.5%

Google - public data

That's a .4% DROP.

"Quick!" they say, "Divert their attention before they get wise to us!"
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Last edited:
  • Banned
Last edited:
  • Banned
U.S. Economy: Manufacturing Holds Up as Exports Climb (Update1) - BusinessWeek

June 1 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. manufacturing grew in May at a faster pace than forecast as factories added workers to meet the greatest export demand in two decades as well as a revival in domestic orders.
Stocks worldwide erased earlier losses after the reports helped dispel concern industrial slowdowns from China to Europe meant the global rebound was stalling. Orders at companies including Deere & Co. and 3M Co. are climbing as customers update equipment and rebuild inventories.
&#8220;It&#8217;s really difficult to find pockets of weakness in the economy and some sectors, like manufacturing, are growing robustly,&#8221; said Zach Pandl, an economist at Nomura Securities International Inc. in New York, who projected the index would drop to 59.8. &#8220;The recovery is quite durable at this point.&#8221;

Last edited:
The Oil Spill is not Obama's fault. It was an accident and the fault lies with the operator of the rig and owner of the rig.

The government's response to the Oil spill has been inept and incompetent. Obama runs the government so he is going to get blamed when the response is a bad as it has been.

Ken Salazar has been pathetic. Obama should fire him immediately.

• Banned
If you think the economy is "roaring back" buy stocks.

Why should I? It's not like stocks actually reflect anything meaningful these days. Might as well be gambling in Vegas.

If Stocks actually reflected steady business growth, I would have invested heavily some time ago.

If you think the economy is "roaring back" buy stocks.

Why should I? It's not like stocks actually reflect anything meaningful these days. Might as well be gambling in Vegas.

If Stocks actually reflected steady business growth, I would have invested heavily some time ago.

Then don't. I don't really care what you do. But if I thought the US economy was "roaring back" , I would invest in it.

You seem to want to credit the government for the econpmy, please tell us what Obama has done to create this suddenly "roaring" (sic) economy?

Then don't. I don't really care what you do. But if I thought the US economy was "roaring back" , I would invest in it.

You seem to want to credit the government for the econpmy, please tell us what Obama has done to create this suddenly "roaring" (sic) economy?

Actually I DON'T credit the government for the economy. I never really have.

My point was that right-wingers have been making a huge deal out of the supposed "failing economy" for some time now. Some, like Rush Limbaugh claiming that we were entering the "Obama Depression".

Now, they are being proved utterly and completely wrong in every way, and so they are desperately trying to change the subject by trying to blame Obama for the Gulf oil spill.

another LWC strawman and bogus thread....

he fails to state no one has blamed him for the spill itself, rather the response and his admin's lax approval of permits which dems run from that reality....

during katrina, the economy was also picking up, housing was going up....but oh no, the dems were everywhere blaming bush....perhaps LWC should try a little more honesty in his approach

Actually I DON'T credit the government for the economy. I never really have.

My point was that right-wingers have been making a huge deal out of the supposed "failing economy" for some time now. Some, like Rush Limbaugh claiming that we were entering the "Obama Depression".

Now, they are being proved utterly and completely wrong in every way, and so they are desperately trying to change the subject by trying to blame Obama for the Gulf oil spill.

no one is changing the subject you twit...this has been the subject among both DEMS and REPUBS for almost two months....your stats just came out

:cuckoo:

another LWC strawman and bogus thread....

he fails to state no one has blamed him for the spill itself, rather the response and his admin's lax approval of permits which dems run from that reality....

during katrina, the economy was also picking up, housing was going up....but oh no, the dems were everywhere blaming bush....perhaps LWC should try a little more honesty in his approach

Oh, I'm sorry, how about this:

You're trying to blame him for not having a fleet of mini-subs in his back pocket so he can instantly stop the leak.

Or trying to blame him for not being "Aquaman", so he could call his whale friends over to dive into the pipe.

There, is that better?

no one is changing the subject you twit...this has been the subject among both DEMS and REPUBS for almost two months....your stats just came out

Ahh, but the right-wingers only really started pouring it on LAST WEEK, when they would have seen the trend already.

No whines here willie...

Just happiness that the economy picked up a full head of stream and is chugging along.

More like bragging than whining actually.

No whines here willie...

Just happiness that the economy picked up a full head of stream and is chugging along.

Really? 9.5% enemployment and real GDP lower than it was in 2008 is "a full head of steam and chugging along" ? Brag away!! :lol:

Ahh, but the right-wingers only really started pouring it on LAST WEEK, when they would have seen the trend already.

They were, pardon the expression, "Testing the Waters".

Right wingers were hoping the public would forget they ran on a mantra of "Drill Baby Drill", screaming so loud and continuously, that Obama finally "caved in".

The Democratic base is mad at Obama. Not just for caving in to ridiculous Republicans, but for his constantly extending an olive branch and his working towards bipartisanship for people who publicly announce they want him to fail, they want to bring his administration down, they want a Waterloo.

No whines here willie...

Really? 9.5% enemployment and real GDP lower than it was in 2008 is "a full head of steam and chugging along" ? Brag away!!
Remember when the dems were whining about the Debt?? (when you're in a hole...stop diggin')

National-Debt-GDP.gif

Last edited:
No whines here willie...

Really? 9.5% enemployment and real GDP lower than it was in 2008 is "a full head of steam and chugging along" ? Brag away!! :lol:

Yes, yes it is.

It's all about growth baby.

Here's an example:

Payrolls climbed by 515,000 in May, the fifth straight month of gains and the biggest since 1983

That's what I'm talking about.

Seriously man, you have to be just a little happy to see these numbers, no matter how much you dislike the guy in charge.

Forum List

Back