The real reason for face masks

The real reason for face masks is to protect others from you if you have covid.

and if you don't have it? Most people don't have it. The masking is to remove your identity and make you a government sheep. Baaaa, Baaa Jakey boi
Most people don't know if they have it. Unless you are getting tested every day, you don't know. The mask is to protect fellow citizens from dying of a virulent, deadly virus that has killed 200,000 Americans in a matter of months.

she says as she bows in awe to her obozo statue. what an idiot you are witchey. BTW, I have tested negative several times (tested at my doctor's request). So one more time: if masks work why do we need distancing? if distancing works why do we need masks? I don't expect a thoughtful answer, just more idiotic left wing talking points and lies.

You can't defend him, mRedfish, so you want to relitigate the issue. The is the act of a loser, loser.

and if you don't have it? Most people don't have it. The masking is to remove your identity and make you a government sheep. Baaaa, Baaa Jakey boi
Most people don't know if they have it. Unless you are getting tested every day, you don't know. The mask is to protect fellow citizens from dying of a virulent, deadly virus that has killed 200,000 Americans in a matter of months.

she says as she bows in awe to her obozo statue. what an idiot you are witchey. BTW, I have tested negative several times (tested at my doctor's request). So one more time: if masks work why do we need distancing? if distancing works why do we need masks? I don't expect a thoughtful answer, just more idiotic left wing talking points and lies.
We need both to slow the spread of the virus. You are simply increasing your risk by eschewing one or the other. Do you really, after over six months, still don't understand that this is an airborne virus? Your idiot orange Emperor understood that back in February.

You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed. And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flus.” Donald J Trump.

We need both to slow the spread of the virus. You are simply increasing your risk by eschewing one or the other. Do you really, after over six months, still don't understand that this is an airborne virus? Your idiot orange Emperor understood that back in February.

You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed. And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flus.” Donald J Trump.

yes, its an airborne virus, so is the flu, the common cold, sinus infections, strep throat, and just about every malady that affects humans. Currently the survival rate from covid in the USA is above 99.6%. that is much higher than the annual flu and we have never shut down the country for the flu which hits every year. Why didn't obozo and biden shut down the economy for H1N1 which killed more americans than covid. Why don't you scream about the fact that in 2 days more human babies are killed by abortions than people killed by covid in 9 months? You libs are nothing but raving hypocrites.

yes, its an airborne virus, so is the flu, the common cold, sinus infections, strep throat, and just about every malady that affects humans. Currently the survival rate from covid in the USA is above 99.6%. that is much higher than the annual flu and we have never shut down the country for the flu which hits every year. Why didn't obozo and biden shut down the economy for H1N1 which killed more americans than covid. Why don't you scream about the fact that in 2 days more human babies are killed by abortions than people killed by covid in 9 months? You libs are nothing but raving hypocrites.
How can you be so incredibly stupid after all these months? The United States has a case fatality rate of 3%. It is many, many times more deadly than the flu.

H1N1 did not kill over 200,000 Americans in seven months. COVID has.

You are aptly named, Red Herring.

We all know that Trump is the real culprit in the spread of CV19 in America

how exactly did Trump spread it? be specific.
By having indoor rallies with no masks or social distancing for one. Just ask Herman Cain.

Herman Cain died from stage 4 colon cancer, not covid.
BornDecember 13, 1945
Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.
DiedJuly 30, 2020 (aged 74)
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
Cause of deathCOVID-19

As for the mask argument, I do not like masks, but they do help.
The reason why is not that they can filter out viruses.
They can't.
What they can do is act like a spit shield, and catch saliva and mucus droplets, which are thousands of times larger than viruses.'
So they do not help you from inhaling viruses.
But they do help you from spewing out droplets with millions of viruses.

true, but only if you are infected with the virus. if someone tests negative why do they need to mask? You also just refuted the lib argument that the mask protects others as well as the wearer. In reality it does neither, but if it makes you feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel good, wear it.

No argument from me.
Masks do very little good.
Social distancing can not, will not, and never have ended any epidemic in all of history.
What has ended all epidemics, (except Ebola), has always been and always will be, herd immunity.
But masks actually work against herd immunity, keep the epidemic around longer, so then make it harder to protect the vulnerable.

As for the mask argument, I do not like masks, but they do help.
The reason why is not that they can filter out viruses.
They can't.
What they can do is act like a spit shield, and catch saliva and mucus droplets, which are thousands of times larger than viruses.'
So they do not help you from inhaling viruses.
But they do help you from spewing out droplets with millions of viruses.

true, but only if you are infected with the virus. if someone tests negative why do they need to mask? You also just refuted the lib argument that the mask protects others as well as the wearer. In reality it does neither, but if it makes you feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel good, wear it.

Is this imaginary person you describe getting a test every day? And a mask protects both. It's like this:

3EcrgXYFRQNq2MJ81rNw5fIHFz3FMcKcc1JkRHuiBWc.jpg

Wrong.
If you are both naked, then the pee does no one any harm.
The more you wear, the more you collect the pee and make it more harmful.

With covid-19, the mask collect virus, and unless you wash it twice a day, it increases how much it get to you alive, because without the protection of the mask, the virus quickly dies from sunlight, heat, etc.

You can't defend him, mRedfish, so you want to relitigate the issue. The is the act of a loser, loser.

I don't like Trump but it is easy to defend his positions on covid-19, because by accident they happen to be right.
Social distancing can not possibly ever end any epidemic, and therefore just slows down herd immunity, making it last longer and kill more people.

Listen to the brain-maggot-riddled right apologists or understand the scientists do know better.

COVID-19: How much protection do face masks offer? - Mayo ...
www.mayoclinic.org › in-depth › coronavirus-mask › art-20485449

N95 masks. Actually a type of respirator, an N95 mask offers more protection than a surgical mask does because it can filter out both large and small particles ...

Because of exposure to air, you do not need to wash to mask at all. Hang it out to dry during the or at night over a turned-on lamp.

Listen to the brain-maggot-riddled right apologists or understand the scientists do know better.

COVID-19: How much protection do face masks offer? - Mayo ...
www.mayoclinic.org › in-depth › coronavirus-mask › art-20485449

N95 masks. Actually a type of respirator, an N95 mask offers more protection than a surgical mask does because it can filter out both large and small particles ...
Go wear a N95 around some of the very nasty crap in a refinery.........while its 95% effective IF PROPERLY FITTED.....it will not stop all things.......

Some of the stuff we deal with will kill you with one sniff.

Now go on with your nonsense and Fear Mongering.

Wrong.
Since the ONLY way to end any epidemic is herd immunity, then clearly the goal is to spread the virus through the young and healthy, as quickly as possible.
Only the quickest possible spread to achieve herd immunity can protect the elderly and compromised.

Why is it people fail to understand that without social distancing, epidemics only last 2 months or so, and with social distancing you can keep an epidemic alive FOREVER!

Based on the false unproven assertion as well as the conclusion by Rigby5, the remainder of the post is best ignored.

How can you be so incredibly stupid after all these months? The United States has a case fatality rate of 3%. It is many, many times more deadly than the flu.

H1N1 did not kill over 200,000 Americans in seven months. COVID has.

You are aptly named, Red Herring.

That is totally and completely wrong.
If we had done social distancing with H1N1, then it not only would have killed 30,000 in the first month, but EVERY month there after, just like covid-19 does with social distancing.
Covid-19 is NOT more lethal or infectious at all.
Covid-19 only has a large death total because we have preserved it and prevented herd immunity from wiping it out.

Forum List

Back