The REAL Reason Conservatives Hate Welfare (hint: it’s about steak)

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Translation: People don’t like being in last place and will take steps, not necessarily to better themselves, but to keep someone lower than themselves.

Yes, it’s exactly as short-sighted, stupid and petty as it sounds, “I don’t care if my life gets any better as long as yours is worse.”

But it suddenly brings certain things into focus, doesn’t it? Common wisdom is that conservatives do not support taxing the rich because they are convinced that they, themselves, will someday be rich. But conservatives don’t honestly believe that they’re suddenly going to become millionaires and then magically be taxed back into poverty. I’m sure some do, but most aren’t actually that stupid. They are, however, selfish enough to not want the poor being brought up to their level.

Okay. I've been wondering for months, and this is the first article that's actually made any sense.

The REAL Reason Conservatives Hate Welfare (hint: it’s about steak) | Addicting Info

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtrC3rMP1lQ]Bob Dylan- Only A Pawn In Their Game - YouTube[/ame]

Conservatives don't like Welfare.
It doesn't help the poor at all, it keeps them enslaved to the monthly checks and does not give them enough money to make their lives more comfortable. That's why most end up selling drugs.
They have nothing to do all day and that leads to drinking and drugs.

We had 3 black families who were on welfare in New Orleans and they moved here after Katrina.
They found out really quickly that they had been lied to.
They were told that southern rural Arizona was nothing but rednecks that hated blacks.
When they got here we all welcomed them and many of us helped them till they got jobs.
All three got jobs within the first month that they moved here.
All three have their kids in a good school and they are being educated.
All three families have very nice homes with 3 and four bedrooms.
They love it here and never want to move back to New Orleans.
And they all became very angry at the Democratic party that had kept them as welfare slaves and shitty schools (their words not mine.)
They now have very good lives with great jobs and good benefits and many, many white friends.
This is why Conservatives do not like welfare BDBoop.

It doesn't help the poor at all, it keeps them enslaved to the monthly checks and does not give them enough money to make their lives more comfortable. That's why most end up selling drugs.

We had 3 black families who were on welfare in New Orleans and they moved here after Katrina.
They were told that southern rural Arizona was nothing but rednecks that hated blacks.
When they got here we all welcomed them and many of us helped them till they got jobs.
And they all became very angry at the Democratic party that had kept them as welfare slaves and shitty schools (their words not mine.)
They now have very good lives with great jobs and good benefits and many, many white friends.

A similar thing happened here. They were told the schools in KY were horrible and the kids would hate them. The first thing they noticed about the schools here is that they are clean. Imagine! What does that say about where they have been?

A similar thing happened here. They were told the schools in KY were horrible and the kids would hate them. The first thing they noticed about the schools here is that they are clean. Imagine! What does that say about where they have been?

Yep! the 3 families said the same thing - that the schools were filthy, the places where they lived were one and to bedroom apartments that were filthy and they had filthy neighborhoods with crime sky high and were really scared that their kids would get shot and killed. Let alone have any future.
Now their kids are into sports and they play outside all day without them having to worry about them.

Yep! the 3 families said the same thing - that the schools were filthy, the places where they lived were one and to bedroom apartments that were filthy and they had filthy neighborhoods with crime sky high and were really scared that their kids would get shot and killed. Let alone have any future.
Now their kids are into sports and they play outside all day without them having to worry about them.

When I was consulting in nursing homes, I had a patient who had been slated to be euthanised. He didn't want to go back either. Fancy that!

Translation: People don’t like being in last place and will take steps, not necessarily to better themselves, but to keep someone lower than themselves.

Yes, it’s exactly as short-sighted, stupid and petty as it sounds, “I don’t care if my life gets any better as long as yours is worse.”

But it suddenly brings certain things into focus, doesn’t it? Common wisdom is that conservatives do not support taxing the rich because they are convinced that they, themselves, will someday be rich. But conservatives don’t honestly believe that they’re suddenly going to become millionaires and then magically be taxed back into poverty. I’m sure some do, but most aren’t actually that stupid. They are, however, selfish enough to not want the poor being brought up to their level.

Okay. I've been wondering for months, and this is the first article that's actually made any sense.

The REAL Reason Conservatives Hate Welfare (hint: it’s about steak) | Addicting Info

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtrC3rMP1lQ]Bob Dylan- Only A Pawn In Their Game - YouTube[/ame]

I always thought "I don't care if my life gets better as long as yours gets worse" was the rallying cry of the "tax the rich" crowd. hmmmm.

So far BDB, your thread hasn't turned out the way you thought it would?
1203529086512.gif

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtrC3rMP1lQ"]Bob Dylan- Only A Pawn In Their Game - YouTube[/ame]

Incredibly stupid.

Forum List

Back