The Real Purpose of the 1619 Project

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
upload_2019-8-25_11-49-32.jpeg

I’ve seen this mentioned many, many times and have only briefly checked it out. To put in a nutshell, it’s all about the first African slaves arriving in American and the leftist charge this this country was built on the backs of slaves.

According this author, it’s not a case of trying to clarify history as much as a canard to let the Left force reparations upon the rest of us.

Check it out and read this @ The Real Purpose of the 1619 Project

It's to beat a dead horse and antagonize race relations even further. You know, business as usual from the mainstream media.

It's to beat a dead horse and antagonize race relations even further. You know, business as usual from the mainstream media.
It's a review of history. Just like the consistent writings about the founders.

it was the western nations that ended the trans-atlantic slave trade . The slave trade was a major part of the African states' economies. The trade continued long after the western nations stopped importing slaves in the early 19th century.

Social conservatives have never really had a problem with slavery

That's a remarkably stupid thing to say. Don't let yourself be associated with such stupidity.
They defend it to this day.

Who are "they"?
You.

Show where I defended slavery or admit you can't and were just pulling it out of your butt.

It's been long enough. I called you on it and you ran. Bye bye.

A slap at the NYT’s 1619 Project

1024px-Henry_P._Moore_American_-_Slaves_of_General_Thomas_F._Drayton_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

It’s clear to anyone with common sense that the 1619 Project is nothing more than an effort to politically define the history of the United States in a very negative manner.

Therefore, it’s refreshing to read something that shows the obvious and pointed areas in the diatribe.

First thing is the headline. Slavery in the United States did not start in 1619. The Spanish had African slaves in the early to mid 1500s.

The main story of American history is that, since its inception, the United States has always made efforts to reduce and eliminate slavery. And yes, forms of slavery existed here until the early 2000s.

I strongly urge each of you to read the full piece @ Slavery In America Did Not Begin In 1619, And Others NYT Gets Wrong

View attachment 275938

I’ve seen this mentioned many, many times and have only briefly checked it out. To put in a nutshell, it’s all about the first African slaves arriving in American and the leftist charge this this country was built on the backs of slaves.

According this author, it’s not a case of trying to clarify history as much as a canard to let the Left force reparations upon the rest of us.

"Africans started slavery - how it REALLY happened" Published on Jul 14, 2008 by kaminari750

African American Lives 2 . Profiles . Tom Joyner | PBS

Slavery: What They Didn't Teach in My High School

View attachment 275938

"Africans started slavery - how it REALLY happened" Published on Jul 14, 2008 by kaminari750

African American Lives 2 . Profiles . Tom Joyner | PBS

Slavery: What They Didn't Teach in My High School

Slavery existed before Mesopotamia or other pre-historical societies. It existed in every racial and cultural group all around the world.
It exists today. There are millions bowed under the yoke of slavery, most young female sex-slaves.

View attachment 275938

As long as it adds value to the participants' lives, who cares. There are lots of projects that are all about the Benjamins. Ancestory.com isn't there as a public service.

Forum List

Back