The Real Jimmy Carter

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
The Real Jimmy Carter:
How Our Worst Ex-President Undermines American Foreign Policy, Coddles Dictators, and Created the Party of Clinton and Kerry

Hardcover – 272 pages

Jimmy Carter has been given a free ride from the liberal media, liberal historians, and even the American people, who excuse his political delinquencies and disasters on the grounds that he is a “good” man. But as bank robber Willie Sutton said of Carter: “I’ve never seen a bigger confidence man in my life, and I’ve been around some of the best in the business.”

It’s time to set the record straight. Finally, an honest historian--Steven F. Hayward, author of The Age of Reagan --demolishes the myth of “Saint” Jimmy and exposes how Carter created today’s leftist Democratic party of John Kerry and Hillary Clinton.

Jimmy Carter’s laundry list of failures aren’t just accidents of history. They’re rooted in Carter’s deeply flawed character and ideology--a smugly pious arrogance matched with a profound distrust of America.

The Real Jimmy Carter reveals:

--Carter as meddling ex-president: Why a Time Magazine columnist wrote that some of Carter’s “Lone Ranger work has taken him dangerously close to the neighborhood of what we used to call treason”

--How Carter befriended North Korea during the Clinton administration, appeasing the communist regime and giving it cover for its nuclear weapons program

--How Carter made direct contacts with Soviet officials to try to subvert President Reagan’s anti-communist policies

--The shocking extent of Carter’s clandestine efforts to sabotage the first Gulf War in 1990 and how he used Gulf War II to publicly question the Christian faith of America’s commander in chief

--How Carter befriended terror-master Yasir Arafat

--Carter as politician: a vicious campaigner and even race-baiter
The Carter White House during the disasters of the Sandinista takeover of Nicaragua, the energy crisis and stagflation, the Iranian revolution and hostage crisis, and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan

--How Carter, the failed president, remade himself as Carter the humanitarian and freelance foreign policy critic of America

--How a Nobel official inadvertently revealed that Carter’s Nobel Peace Prize was actually meant as a slap at America

The Real Jimmy Carter is a shocker, showing why the peanut president should never have left his farm.

“History has been too kind to Jimmy Carter. Steve Hayward explains why the verdict should be far tougher, both because of Carter’s failed presidency and his years as a meddlesome former president. No one has popped the Carter balloon more effectively than Hayward. I ‘m convinced.” -- Fred Barnes, executive editor, The Weekly Standard

“This very well written biography of Jimmy Carter recalls his distinctive personal and political style and large impact on both the Republican and the Democratic parties and on America’s role in the later stages of the Cold War. It is good reading. I recommend it highly.” -- Jeane Kirkpatrick, Leavey Professor of Government, Georgetown University, and former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations

“If you thought that Jimmy Carter was harmless, passé, or a simple do-gooder, guess again. This is a book that’s been crying out to be done. The Real Jimmy Carter is an eye-opener.” -- David Limbaugh, nationally syndicated columnist and author of the New York Times bestsellers Absolute Power and Persecution

http://www.newsmaxstore.com/nms/showdetl.cfm?DID=6&Product_ID=1761

The Real Jimmy Carter:
How Our Worst Ex-President Undermines American Foreign Policy, Coddles Dictators, and Created the Party of Clinton and Kerry

Hardcover – 272 pages

So long as he, and the liberal democrats don't screw with the Second Amendment, I would vote for him over the current regime. What good is it to be ultra conservative and piss everybody off?? Well this last election showed how smart the right wingers are,, or should we say how dumb they are. Now we have a lame duck president who will need to deal with the other party in both the House and Senate.. Oh yea,,, the Carl Roves of the web really showed those Dems who was boss... Not only that,, but the right wingers may have made it too easy for the Bitch from New York to run for president in 08.. Nice going dorks..

I had hoped that George W would have been more of a compassionate conservative like he campaigned on. But, it looks more like "the those who already have,, got more' and those who didn't are dealing with less. Now,, I am not saying give every "brother" a job no matter how f'ed up he is.. Nor am I suggesting that every "sista" is entitled to a check for the sole purpose of screwing and making babies.. Although the liberals consider this to be an occupation, I consider it to be THE cancer which consumes our country.

That being said, JC is my kind of guy since he too believes that the current US/Israel relationship isn't doing the US any good. It is a costly bad habit that needs to be "CHANGED"...

JC also was the first, and only, president to try and help the US wein itself off of foreign oil by helping to stimulate energy conservation and alternate energy development. This is key for us to free ourselves from the shackles that keep us beholden to American haters, and keep us stationed on the lands of those same people who want to see the US fail. This is enough for me, a conservative Republican, to vote for Jimmy Carter.

This is enough for me, a conservative Republican, to vote for Jimmy Carter.

A conservative Republican, huh? You're a real hoot! Thanks for the chuckle, and don't forget to wear a sweater and turn the thermostat down.

A conservative Republican, huh? You're a real hoot! Thanks for the chuckle, and don't forget to wear a sweater and turn the thermostat down.

See, I knew you were that old too!! Turn the stat down a few and save some energy for those who need it.

Or buy a Honda 'FIT'. Made in Japan but we get 33.5 mpg around town and a non-hybred too.:)

To bad the US auto makers won't do that and price it under 20k..oh well say goodbye GM, Ford etc.......I won't miss ya.:bye1:

Forum List

Back