The real death rate of COVID-19 in the U.S. may be 140 times smaller than what is being reported

Neat.

Danfromsquirrelhill has an opinion and a Wordpress page.
Unlike TDS morons, he can do simple math.

He picked a single country (Iceland) to compare to the US population to determine the COVID-19 mortality rate. Why Iceland? Why not Italy?
Cause Iceland have a tiny population...

Wyoming has a population 50% bigger than than in Iceland.

Iceland just happens to large land mass with hardly any boy on most of it...

Picture by night, gives North Korea run for its money
View attachment 317164

See that dot of light at the bottom. That is the village of Vik population 291...
It doesn't matter how many people are in the population. All the matters is if they are all tested. Guessing based on people who are tested because they are already showing symptoms produces unrealistically large numbers.

Virus? Yeah, who gives a fuck about population density.

Neat.

Cool. Does it carry more weight if it's coming from epidemiology experts including Dr. Fauci, and published in the New England Journal of Medicine?

A fatality rate like that of "a severe influenza... considerably less than 1%" -- Dr. Fauci's words, not Danfromsquirrelhill's
No, it doesn't carry any more weight. Facts are facts.

You should maybe have your chubby little fingers post facts for a change.
What have I posted that isn't a fact?

The premise of this thread that by looking at Iceland alone and ignoring the rest of the world we can deduce the mortality rate.
You get a more accurate number than going by figures where not all the people who have the disease have been tested. That means the rest of the world, dumbass.

New York has tested more people than anyone else in the United States. What does that tell you?
They didn't test everyone, so it tells you nothing.

Iceland has tested less than 4% of their people. That seems to be a lot less than 'everyone'.

But what might authorities learn if people were tested randomly instead? Some early clues may be found in the tiny country of Iceland. So far, the country has tested 11,727 people—about 3.2% of its population of 364,000. It has done so in part by enlisting the country’s prized biopharma company deCODE Genetics to help tackle the crisis.

Testing is great and it could have been very beneficial for us but we dropped the ball in the U.S.
I read an article that said everyone was tested. Apparently they meant that testing wasn't limited to only those that show symptoms. They test everyone who wants a test, and it's free. That means their numbers are far more likely to be accurate.

Neat.

He picked a single country (Iceland) to compare to the US population to determine the COVID-19 mortality rate. Why Iceland? Why not Italy?

View attachment 317164

See that dot of light at the bottom. That is the village of Vik population 291...
It doesn't matter how many people are in the population. All the matters is if they are all tested. Guessing based on people who are tested because they are already showing symptoms produces unrealistically large numbers.

How does that tell you what the mortality rate is?

Just another exercise in bullshitting for Trumpbots?
Turds like you are doing all the bullshitting.

Right...all the medical experts in the whole world are outright lying, while a few enlightened people like yourself are the only ones that know the truth....

Are you truly that stupid or are you, like I said, just exercising your ability to BULLSHIT?

but it's DAN!!!!! from SQUIRREL HILL for GOD'S SAKE!!!!

why are you questioning DAN????????????? he knows EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!!! YOU TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can't argue with what he says so you engage in ad hominem attacks.

Typical TDS moron.

yaaaaaaaaa that's the ticket! it couldn't possibly be that good ol' dan has zero credentials & his article is actually just a blog & not anything written in a peer reviewed scholarly journal... my god man - it's like a poll that exclusively asks trump voters if he's doing a good job.... & you point to it & say see? SEE? americans think donny is doing great!!! SEE!!!!

:auiqs.jpg:
Your fallacy in your argument is called "appeal to authority. " It doesn't matter how many credentials they have, they can still be wrong, and Fauci is obviously encouraging hysteria with his statements.

Neat.

Cool. Does it carry more weight if it's coming from epidemiology experts including Dr. Fauci, and published in the New England Journal of Medicine?

A fatality rate like that of "a severe influenza... considerably less than 1%" -- Dr. Fauci's words, not Danfromsquirrelhill's
No, it doesn't carry any more weight. Facts are facts.

You should maybe have your chubby little fingers post facts for a change.
What have I posted that isn't a fact?

The premise of this thread that by looking at Iceland alone and ignoring the rest of the world we can deduce the mortality rate.
You get a more accurate number than going by figures where not all the people who have the disease have been tested. That means the rest of the world, dumbass.

New York has tested more people than anyone else in the United States. What does that tell you?
They didn't test everyone, so it tells you nothing.

Iceland has tested less than 4% of their people. That seems to be a lot less than 'everyone'.

But what might authorities learn if people were tested randomly instead? Some early clues may be found in the tiny country of Iceland. So far, the country has tested 11,727 people—about 3.2% of its population of 364,000. It has done so in part by enlisting the country’s prized biopharma company deCODE Genetics to help tackle the crisis.

Testing is great and it could have been very beneficial for us but we dropped the ball in the U.S.
I read an article that said everyone was tested. Apparently they meant that testing wasn't limited to only those that show symptoms. They test everyone who wants a test, and it's free. That means their numbers are far more likely to be accurate.

You read an article that said everyone was tested? Cool, let's see it.

Your fallacy in your argument is called "appeal to authority. " It doesn't matter how many credentials they have, they can still be wrong, and Fauci is obviously encouraging hysteria with his statements.
But you know better?

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself even by your standards

Right...all the medical experts in the whole world are outright lying, while a few enlightened people like yourself are the only ones that know the truth....

Are you truly that stupid or are you, like I said, just exercising your ability to BULLSHIT?

why are you questioning DAN????????????? he knows EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!!! YOU TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Typical TDS moron.

yaaaaaaaaa that's the ticket! it couldn't possibly be that good ol' dan has zero credentials & his article is actually just a blog & not anything written in a peer reviewed scholarly journal... my god man - it's like a poll that exclusively asks trump voters if he's doing a good job.... & you point to it & say see? SEE? americans think donny is doing great!!! SEE!!!!

you are certifiable with your TDS.

Typical TDS moron.

Since you're argument is simply "Look at Iceland, because I read an article that I want to agree with since everyone has been tested in Iceland that mean......they haven't all been tested?"

Neat.

That's not a quote from Fauci, Why are you making shit up? Here it is:

On the basis of a case definition requiring a diagnosis of pneumonia, the currently reported case fatality rate is approximately 2%.4 In another article in the Journal, Guan et al.5 report mortality of 1.4% among 1099 patients with laboratory-confirmed Covid-19; these patients had a wide spectrum of disease severity. If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.2

You appear to purposefully remove the "may be".

Here is a very recent interview with Fauci where he describes COVID19 in that it's more contagious and 10 times more lethal than the flu.

We are discussing how lethal it is in this thread. Your claim is based on ignorance, not facts. Fauci doesn't know how lethal it is. He's a TDS moron like you.

No, my claim is based on people who know what they are talking about, not some rando on the internet.

Fauci and Birx are saying 100k-200k deaths most likely in the U.S.

100-200K IF we do everything right. I assume that means continue social distancing for an open amount of time. I'm curious where they get the number, though. 10% dead of our population of 350,000,000 is 350,000. That's more than a 1% death rate.

Neat.

View attachment 317164

You tell me how overrunning hospitals have an affect on mortality rates.

Neat.

View attachment 317164

That's the question. How do you get from 1% to closer to over 5% mortality rates?

But you know better?

Says the moron who doesn't know that an appeal to authority is a fallacy. That's the TDS moron's favorite fallacy.

But you know better?

Says the moron who doesn't know that an appeal to authority is a fallacy. That's the TDS moron's favorite fallacy.

Dude, you're literally appealing to Dan. At least everyone else is referring to the people who actually use prediction models.

But you know better?

Dude, you're literally appealing to Dan. At least everyone else is referring to the people who actually use prediction models.
No, I'm not appealing to Dan, shit for brains. I'm appealing to facts.

Typical TDS moron.

you are certifiable with your TDS.
TDS is something Trump haters suffer from, you fucking moron.

Neat.

View attachment 317164

That's the question. How do you get from 1% to closer to over 5% mortality rates?
What does that even mean?

But you know better?

No, I'm not appealing to Dan, shit for brains. I'm appealing to facts.

No first off you said everyone in Iceland was tested and that's why looking to them to see what the U.S. mortality rate is going to be is so awesome. You haven't explained why that is and then when it's pointed out to you that not everyone in Iceland has been tested you haven't come up with anything else.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz

Typical TDS moron.

Since you're argument is simply "Look at Iceland, because I read an article that I want to agree with since everyone has been tested in Iceland that mean......they haven't all been tested?"
Wrong, dumbfuck. That isn't my argument. Obviously, you're too stupid to understand the argument. Of course that has to be the case because all TDS morons are stupid.

Forum List

Back