The Real Climate Science Deniers

To me, the funniest thing is that the Vostok ice cores are a data set over several hundred thousand years and show CO2 LAGGING, not driving temperature on the increase AND decrease, yet our AGW Cult now insists that modern CO2 is now a driver of temperature

Last edited:
No the problem is YOU

I literally can't look at your stuff without my eyes glazing over. Sweet Jeebus, I get it. You're obsessed, you're butthurt, you're stupid. No need to harp on it.

Tell you what. If I promise to never debunk your stupidity again, will you stop?

Your defeat is accepted.

I have peer reviewed Mammoths capitulation in this thread and find him 100% defeated.

Science = Settled

Townhall

Paul Driessen
Posted: May 16, 2020

Excerpt:

Fifty years ago, I helped organize Earth Day #1 programs on my college campus, calling attention to serious pollution problems that afflicted much of the USA. Over the ensuing decades, laws, regulations, and changed attitudes, practices and technologies reduced most of that pollution, often dramatically.

I didn’t buy into the 1970 end-is-nigh, doom-and-gloom, billions-will-die hysteria that Ron Stein and Ron Bailey summarize, including the manmade global cooling crisis. I don’t buy it today, either – certainly not this year’s Earth Day focus on the alleged manmade global warming crisis, also blamed on emissions of carbon dioxide, the same gas that humans and animals exhale, and plants use to grow. We’re told the crisis is unprecedented, and poses existential threats to humanity and planet. What nonsense.

But what I find fascinating in all this is the steadfast, often nasty determination of scientists, politicians and interest groups promoting alarmist themes – and profiting immensely from them – to reject and deny any science, history and evidence that undermines their claim that nothing like this ever happened before.

The “highest ever” temperatures are a mere few tenths or even hundredths of a degree above previous records set many decades ago. The United States recently enjoyed a record 12-year respite from Category 3-5 hurricanes, ended finally by Harvey and Irma in 2017. Violent tornadoes were far fewer during the last 35 years than during the 35 years before that, and the complete absence of violent twisters in 2018 was unprecedented in US history. Modern day floods and droughts were certainly no worse than past floods or the multi-decade droughts that devastated Anasazi, Mayan and other civilizations.

LINK

=============

Warmist/alarmists habitually ignore past climates of thousands years ago. That is why they are do gosh darn IGNORANT!
Nice copy and paste....a lot of unproven allegations....the chief problem is, of course, the very thing that the writer accuses others of..the taking of a date point of two...and making a whole premise based on that one data point. It is getting warmer and the polar ice is melting...since that is observable fact...the scramble for a reason is moot....and of interest only to those who have no chance of living long enough to find out how wrong they were.

As for the great profits in the climate change business...they are dwarfed by the monetary interests of those who cling to the status quo...trying to milk every last drop from the existing economic paradigm..before being forced to change.

Yes, I find it amazing how climate change deniers avoid accurate sources of data.

For example:

Excerpt:

"Skeptics of human-caused climate change have often relied on a favorite argument involving the planet’s natural climate cycles. Earth experienced plenty of natural warming and cooling phases long before humans ever began pumping greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, they’ve suggested—so the present-day warming isn’t necessarily dangerous or even that unusual.

Scientists have debunked this argument over and over again. Studies demonstrate that carbon dioxide concentrations are currently higher than they’ve been at any point in human history, global temperatures are rising at unprecedented rates,...

"Now, scientists have discovered that it’s not just the temperatures themselves that are so unusual. That they’re rising all over the world is also unique in at least the past 2,000 years."

See the whole article if you consider "Nature" magazine an accurate scientific source - ditto "Nature Geoscience." A summary of the two scholarly articles:

"Taken together, the two papers indicate that present-day warming is both more severe and more globally unified than any period of climate change that’s occurred in at least two millennia."

Townhall

Paul Driessen

Excerpt:

Fifty years ago, I helped organize Earth Day #1 programs on my college campus, calling attention to serious pollution problems that afflicted much of the USA. Over the ensuing decades, laws, regulations, and changed attitudes, practices and technologies reduced most of that pollution, often dramatically.

I didn’t buy into the 1970 end-is-nigh, doom-and-gloom, billions-will-die hysteria that Ron Stein and Ron Bailey summarize, including the manmade global cooling crisis. I don’t buy it today, either – certainly not this year’s Earth Day focus on the alleged manmade global warming crisis, also blamed on emissions of carbon dioxide, the same gas that humans and animals exhale, and plants use to grow. We’re told the crisis is unprecedented, and poses existential threats to humanity and planet. What nonsense.

But what I find fascinating in all this is the steadfast, often nasty determination of scientists, politicians and interest groups promoting alarmist themes – and profiting immensely from them – to reject and deny any science, history and evidence that undermines their claim that nothing like this ever happened before.

The “highest ever” temperatures are a mere few tenths or even hundredths of a degree above previous records set many decades ago. The United States recently enjoyed a record 12-year respite from Category 3-5 hurricanes, ended finally by Harvey and Irma in 2017. Violent tornadoes were far fewer during the last 35 years than during the 35 years before that, and the complete absence of violent twisters in 2018 was unprecedented in US history. Modern day floods and droughts were certainly no worse than past floods or the multi-decade droughts that devastated Anasazi, Mayan and other civilizations.

LINK

=============

Warmist/alarmists habitually ignore past climates of thousands years ago. That is why they are do gosh darn IGNORANT!
Nice copy and paste....a lot of unproven allegations....the chief problem is, of course, the very thing that the writer accuses others of..the taking of a date point of two...and making a whole premise based on that one data point. It is getting warmer and the polar ice is melting...since that is observable fact...the scramble for a reason is moot....and of interest only to those who have no chance of living long enough to find out how wrong they were.

As for the great profits in the climate change business...they are dwarfed by the monetary interests of those who cling to the status quo...trying to milk every last drop from the existing economic paradigm..before being forced to change.

Yes, I find it amazing how climate change deniers avoid accurate sources of data.

For example:

Excerpt:

"Skeptics of human-caused climate change have often relied on a favorite argument involving the planet’s natural climate cycles. Earth experienced plenty of natural warming and cooling phases long before humans ever began pumping greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, they’ve suggested—so the present-day warming isn’t necessarily dangerous or even that unusual.

Scientists have debunked this argument over and over again. Studies demonstrate that carbon dioxide concentrations are currently higher than they’ve been at any point in human history, global temperatures are rising at unprecedented rates,...

"Now, scientists have discovered that it’s not just the temperatures themselves that are so unusual. That they’re rising all over the world is also unique in at least the past 2,000 years."

See the whole article if you consider "Nature" magazine an accurate scientific source - ditto "Nature Geoscience." A summary of the two scholarly articles:

"Taken together, the two papers indicate that present-day warming is both more severe and more globally unified than any period of climate change that’s occurred in at least two millennia."

Ha ha,

Neither YOU or EvilEyeFleegle actually address the post, just babble all around as you just did here.

The article remains unchallenged.

:)

Townhall

Paul Driessen

Excerpt:

LINK

=============

For example:

Excerpt:

Ha ha,

Neither YOU or EvilEyeFleegle actually address the post, just babble all around as you just did here.

vostok_T_CO2.png

CO2 LAGGING temperature over 450,000 years. On both increase AND decrease! Look at the chart! I thought that CO2 increases causes "feedback loops" that make temperature gone wild!

Today's CO2 must be different, right?

Townhall

Paul Driessen

Excerpt:

LINK

=============

For example:

Excerpt:

Ha ha,

I have a sense of humor but this is not funny - unless you meant that the Sciam, Nature and Nature Geoscience articles are unchallenged!

But I now have to subscribe to Sciam digiatal - no more free articles. I might do that, but for now I will switch to another scholarly source: PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences):

Excerpt:

"We demonstrate that depending on scenarios of population growth and warming, over the coming 50 y, 1 to 3 billion people are projected to be left outside the climate conditions that have served humanity well over the past 6,000 y. Absent climate mitigation or migration, a substantial part of humanity will be exposed to mean annual temperatures warmer than nearly anywhere today."

" That is, discussing global warming with friends and family leads people to learn influential facts, such as the scientific consensus that human-caused global warming is happening. In turn, stronger perceptions of scientific agreement increase beliefs that climate change is happening and human-caused, as well as worry about climate change. When assessing the reverse causal direction, we find that knowing the scientific consensus further leads to increases in global warming discussion.....

"Climate change is a global issue, requiring personal, collective, and governmental action."

From "Nature" 12/5/2018 -

"Global warming will happen faster than we think
Three trends will combine to hasten it, warn Yangyang Xu, Veerabhadran Ramanathan and David G. Victor."

"In October, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) released a report setting out why we must stop global warming at 1.5 °C above pre-industrial levels, and how to do so1. It is grim reading. If the planet warms by 2 °C — the widely touted temperature limit in the 2015 Paris climate agreement — twice as many people will face water scarcity than if warming is limited to 1.5 °C. That extra warming will also expose more than 1.5 billion people to deadly heat extremes, and hundreds of millions of individuals to vector-borne diseases such as malaria, among other harms.

But the latest IPCC special report underplays another alarming fact: global warming is accelerating. Three trends — rising emissions, declining air pollution and natural climate cycles — will combine over the next 20 years to make climate change faster and more furious than anticipated."

d41586-018-07586-5_16306998.png

Sources: Ref. 1/GISTEMP/IPCC Fifth Assessment Report (2014)

To me, the funniest thing is that the Vostok ice cores are a data set over several hundred thousand years and show CO2 LAGGING, not driving temperature on the increase AND decrease, yet our AGW Cult now insists that modern CO2 is now a driver of temperature

Yes Frank, we know you can't grasp that CO2 is both a forcing and a feedback. It's middle-school level science, hence it's way over your head.

What we find funny is how you think that everyone else must be just as stupid as you are. Rest assured that's not the case.

Yes Frank, we know you can't grasp that CO2 is both a forcing and a feedback. It's middle-school level science, hence it's way over your head.

What we find funny is how you think that everyone else must be just as stupid as you are. Rest assured that's not the case.

And one example of the CO2 feedback loop is that CO2 forcing of global warming is causing an increase in wildfires (e.g. the recent catastrophe in Australia). Fires burn vegetation which produces CO2 and thus increases global warming which in turn ..... (a dangerous feedback loop.)

Slash and burn practices causing deforestation just magnifies the speed and extent of this feedback loop.

You debunked it, when I got you to agree -- at least 4 times -- that the data in it didn't address the rest of the world outside the USA.

That's the problem with posting out of pure raging butthurt. In all that screaming, you debunked your own OP.

Better luck with your next propaganda screed. I suggest you run along and find out what your conspiracy websites are pushing today. I understand it might be tough to find something climate-related, given how they've shifted into "we need to implement fascism!" mode for the moment.

Sure, Brah.

It's like the SNL skit about Shimmer, it's a floor cleaner AND a dessert topping.

It causes floods and fries; hurricanes an droughts; it raises and lowers temperature.

You should avoid using the word "science" at every opportunity. AGW Cultists saying "science" is like Yoko singing.

Also, the data set I posted covers 450,000 years, your AGW Cult is claiming that CO2 started acting differently 120 years ago. Great claims require a ton of AGW Cult BS

Also, the data set I posted covers 450,000 years,

So? CO2 was a forcing and a feedback. CO2 is still a forcing and a feedback. Nothing has changed.

your AGW Cult is claiming that CO2 started acting differently 120 years ago.

No, you're the only person I've seen here or anywhere making such a hilariously stupid claim. Don't ask us to explain your weird religious beliefs.

Also, the data set I posted covers 450,000 years,

So? CO2 was a forcing and a feedback. CO2 is still a forcing and a feedback. Nothing has changed.

your AGW Cult is claiming that CO2 started acting differently 120 years ago.

No, you're the only person I've seen here or anywhere making such a hilariously stupid claim. Don't ask us to explain your weird religious beliefs.

Forum List

Back