The Real Climate Change and going "green"

gslack

Mar 26, 2010
The "green" movement has been hijacked by the people most responsible for the rape of the natural world, and no one seems willing to call them on it. Seems every ultra-wealthy elitist in the world has joined in on this and suddenly we are all expected to forget they own and create the majority of the problems they are claiming to oppose.

Al gore owns a stake in CCX Chicago Carbon Exchange through his investment firm. The CCX is the first carbon credit exchange market in the US. They trade in carbon credits and cap and trade will turn it into another wall street, and Al owns 10 percent of it. through the same investment company that handles his zinc mining operation on his own property in Tennessee.

if you were unaware Zinc mining is a particularly nasty business for any local environment. Yet Mr. Gore likes to paint himself a environmentalist...

I believe his working to pass climate legislation at the time of his Vice-Presidency and as a senator, and all the while investing in a market being built to capitalize on such legislation was a gross conflict of interest and a misuse of public trust.

Mr. Maurice Strong is the founder and Secretary General of the United Nations Environment Programme and Senior Advisor to Kofi Annan. Founder of the Earth Council and the Earth Charter Initiative, and former President of the United Nations University of Peace. yes he is a very busy man. He also is on the board of directors at CCX

Quite a little comfort for them both don't you think? Gore pressures the US to adopt cap and trade, Strong pressures internationally for the same thing and they both stand to make billions off it...

CCX itself has quite a long list of polluters on its member list. Companies who the media calls out as villains of the planet are ready to participate in this venture as soon as cap and trade is passed.

This is just a small sample of the hypocrisy in this entire movement. This climate change scare tactic takes away from legitimate ecological issues and set men like these up to make billions. As long as people debate whether or not a naturally occurring trace gas (CO2) is a pollutant or not, they and their wealthy pals' companies can go right on clear cutting, strip mining and polluting.

Think its all speculative? Think I am seeing things that are not there or making unfounded implications? Well take a look at the member list of CCX and its partners and see how many polluters you see there....

Members of CCX

The list is astounding, and speaks volumes of the reality of climate change legislation in particular cap and trade.

Again these men are not the only ones. The people who own the companies, the factories, the multi-national conglomerates, the corporations, who make the dangerous chemicals and rape the earth are all going along with it. They are deceiving good people who have a legitimate concern for the planet. And they are not even hiding it anymore.

Names like Rothschild and Rockefeller adorn the lists of modern environmentalists. Royal families, leaders of countries, international financiers and many others whom have shown a history of perpetrating the offenses they claim to oppose now, are suddenly eco-conscious and ready to save the planet they raped...

How convenient they do so now, when there is a way to make money off of it...

All of my sources are here in this post, please follow the links and double check what I have claimed here...

Zinc is a neccessary metal for the modern society that we live in. Whether or not Gore owns any of the stock of a particular mine is mote, the metal will be mined in any case.

And the fact of global warming has nothing to do with Al Gore. All he did was present the scientists findings in lay language. There is an overwhelming scientific consensus on the fact and effect of global warming. However much vitriol you direct at Gore will not change that.

Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Joint science academies' statements
Since 2001, 32 national science academies have come together to issue joint declarations confirming anthropogenic global warming, and urging the nations of the world to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases. The signatories of these statements have been the national science academies

Zinc is a neccessary metal for the modern society that we live in. Whether or not Gore owns any of the stock of a particular mine is mote, the metal will be mined in any case.

And the fact of global warming has nothing to do with Al Gore. All he did was present the scientists findings in lay language. There is an overwhelming scientific consensus on the fact and effect of global warming. However much vitriol you direct at Gore will not change that.

Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Joint science academies' statements
Since 2001, 32 national science academies have come together to issue joint declarations confirming anthropogenic global warming, and urging the nations of the world to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases. The signatories of these statements have been the national science academies

So your argument is basically that zinc is an important mineral and it would be mined anyway? Okay then but surely you don't mind taking that same stance regarding fossil fuels? They are important and they will be mined anyway....

The fact Al gore is set to make billions off of any cap and trade is not an issue? What part of conflict of interest did you not understand?

And Mr. Gore did more than present data in a layman manner. He got caught exaggerating and outright lying to sell a fear of impending doom that is inaccurate to say the least. The UK high court even believed his film and the points raised to be inaccurate and misleading.
U.K. Judge Rules Gore's Climate Film Has 9 Errors - washingtonpost.com

I wonder if you have a response to the points about CCX, and Maurice Strong and their connections to Mr Gore?

Nah? Too inconvenient I suppose....

Fossil fuels can be replaced as an energy source in a decade, should we decide to do so. And the coal fired plants can be phased out during that decade, dirtiest first.

That same judge also ruled that the film was essentially correct. The errors were minor, and did not change the truth of the film.

Yes, money will be made off of cap and trade, as money was made off of cap and trade when it was used to vastly reduce sulphate emmissions. Personally I would prefer tax and shut down, but that would be impossible to pass.

If you wish to address the fact of AGW, perhaps you should start with argueing with the policy statements of the Scientific Societies in the world concerning that subject. Or the statements of the National Academies of Science of 32 countries. Or even the policy statements on that subject of the major Universities of the world.

The subject is the rapid warming of this planet due to the emission of GHGs from man's activities. It is not Al Gore, it is not any of the other red herring you people are so fond of. Now address that subject in a scientific manner. If you are capable of that.

They are important and they will be mined anyway....
-----------------------------
Not really the same thing, since during its use zinc doesn't contribute to GW, while fossil fuels do. This is just another case of the deniers turning a scientific question into a political one. They hate Gore, so anything he says can't possibly true. IMHO, the people that know the subject, talk about it. Those that don't, bring up Gore. Regardless of what he does or says, the basic science doesn't change and that's how the deniers try to distract us, by talking about anything to stay away from the scientific debate they've already lost.

Fossil fuels can be replaced as an energy source in a decade, should we decide to do so. And the coal fired plants can be phased out during that decade, dirtiest first.

That same judge also ruled that the film was essentially correct. The errors were minor, and did not change the truth of the film.

Yes, money will be made off of cap and trade, as money was made off of cap and trade when it was used to vastly reduce sulphate emmissions. Personally I would prefer tax and shut down, but that would be impossible to pass.

If you wish to address the fact of AGW, perhaps you should start with argueing with the policy statements of the Scientific Societies in the world concerning that subject. Or the statements of the National Academies of Science of 32 countries. Or even the policy statements on that subject of the major Universities of the world.

The subject is the rapid warming of this planet due to the emission of GHGs from man's activities. It is not Al Gore, it is not any of the other red herring you people are so fond of. Now address that subject in a scientific manner. If you are capable of that.

More excuses and misdirection on the zinc mining on Al's property huh.... Why not address the point instead?

The decision against the film told the reality of it. The extra "essentially correct" crap was a save azz gesture on his part and only came after the fact. He also said the 9 errors did not reflect on accepted scientific consensus on the data. How is something "essentially correct" when it is inaccurate in its bread and butter? The hockey stick graph was altered and presented incorrectly, the claim of sea level rise was way off, and the time in which portrayed it would happen was completely inaccurate.

Quick answer: It can't be both "essentially correct" and dead wrong on the major points. Thats the kind of crap an elected official claims when he is going to lose votes....

Yes money will be made off it. Money made by the same people who push the legislation through.... You will defend THIS but complain about Bush, cheney and haliburton? Hypocrite...

Oh I saw the crap you posted earlier, and it didn't come from a scientific body of any kind. It was a load of bunk start to finish, so spare me the "its about science" BS now.

And this was my choice for an OP, if you want to debate the science that is another thread. This one is about the scum who are twisting the truth and trying to make money off it.

LOL, love it when you guys try the "its not about al gore" excuse.... You use his movie as a rallying cry for years, he gets a nobel prize for it, and then when you find its all nonsense we are told its not about al gore..... Okay, pal.... lets make it about his business partner and UN environmental Guru Maurice Strong.... What's the next excuse?

Algore has a long history of 'for thee and not for me.'

And the jury is still out on a large number of the schemes that supposedly are carbon sinks. Many trees emit more carbon than they absorb. It is not much of a surprise that you would find this guy involved in this kind of scam.

More excuses and misdirection on the zinc mining on Al's property huh.... Why not address the point instead?
--------------------------------

Because it doesn't have anything to do with AGW and YOU'RE the one using misdirection to hide that fact.

Algore has a long history of 'for thee and not for me.'

And the jury is still out on a large number of the schemes that supposedly are carbon sinks. Many trees emit more carbon than they absorb. It is not much of a surprise that you would find this guy involved in this kind of scam.

Yeah he always was a lowlife. I loved it when he would talk about when he was growing up on his daddy's farm... LOL, his daddy was a career politician like himself, and the family came from old money. So when he spoke of "working on daddy's farm" He must mean watching others work...:lol:

--------------------------------

Because it doesn't have anything to do with AGW and YOU'RE the one using misdirection to hide that fact.

You MAY want to look at the OP and even read a bit of it... Also notice it was written by me... So the point was mine I made it. I chose the topic just like anyone else can choose their topics in their OP.

. So the point was mine I made it.
-------------------
So cool, you made an irrelevant point. Why should I care? It's totally off-topic and simply an indication that you're trying to hide your ignorance of the topic.

LOL, Another "Know-Nothing"!!! Those that know the subject, discuss it. Those that don't, discuss Gore.

well another non-reader!! who likes to come in and cry about an OP they didn't bother to read....

-------------------
So cool, you made an irrelevant point. Why should I care? It's totally off-topic and simply an indication that you're trying to hide your ignorance of the topic.
Do you not know how to use the quote feature?

There any problem with how I'm doing it? I feel the other way wastes a lot of board space requoting the same stuff over and over again.

-------------------

DUDE!!! LOL , the topic was set by the OP, MY OP! got that? If you don't like the topic don't respond to it but don't cry like an idiot that I am off my own topic its just ignorant...:cuckoo:

Also notice it was written by me...
And it starts out false and goes from there, as I pointed out.

I wasn't aware you said anything but untrue..... Thats called nay-saying and any fool can pull that off.... Watch.... NO you didn't!

See how that works?:lol:
Now all see you're a idiot.

Your opening statement is untrue. Nothing's been "hijacked." In order to believe that, one must first believe the environmental movement had good intentions originally. It did not.

It's never been about the environment. It's always been about control, anti-capitalism and redistribution of wealth on a global scale. Because it's just not "fair" that Americans have such a cushy and luxurious life compared to most other countries, and something must be done. Social Justice.

So they started with the fake emotional hooks, indian chief actors crying on television and etc, and continued on from there.

There's been no "hijacking," only evolution of the same exact thing they started with.

Forum List

Back