The Raiders are good again? When did that happen?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Damn election has me off my game! I completely missed the fact that the Raiders are actually good. I just caught the end of the Sunday night game. They are 7-2 and leading their division.

some books were offering 11.5 for the raiders first half total, while b365 line was around 16.5 :)
having an opinion is not your friend, when you are a sports book... :D

Great game for the Raiders, I still see Carr getting better. I loved the offensive line push through out the game.

Once they neutralized Von the game got easier for Carr.

This Raiders team is similiar to the Raider teams from 2000 to 2002,the only winning seasons they had in Oakland since they moved back from LA when they had Rich Gannon for their QB.one similarity is same as those teams,they have a good offense but a horrible defense.Those teams got there those years despite the defense not because of them.This defense is so horrible they will never get there if they dont fix it and fire Ken Norton.

i

Brock Osweiler: Green laser from stands 'definitely' affected play

Osweiler: Laser from stands was 'very distracting'

NFL games ugh

This Raiders team is similiar to the Raider teams from 2000 to 2002,the only winning seasons they had in Oakland since they moved back from LA when they had Rich Gannon for their QB.one similarity is same as those teams,they have a good offense but a horrible defense.Those teams got there those years despite the defense not because of them.This defense is so horrible they will never get there if they dont fix it and fire Ken Norton.

what I meant earlier in this post was the Raiders made it to the superbowl that year against the tampa bay bucs not because of their defensive coordinater they had but in SPITE of him. Same like the Broncos when Elway won back to back superbowls,they made it there and won both times despite a horrible offensive coordinater not because of him.

Bill Callahan the coach of the Raiders back then is a criminal who should be behind bars and prosecuted for throwing the game.It is so obvious he did so a child can see it.Tim Brown said it was the FIRST TIME IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME including ever since he played it back during pop warner all the way through high school and college and the pros that a coach changed the game plan that all the players were really excited about leading up to the whole week a mere 48 hours before the game.He threw the game because he did not like any of the raider players or al davis and so his buddy john gruden who brought him along there would have a superbowl trophy.may he rot in hell for doing so.:mad:

http://deadspin.com/5978147/jerry-rice-and-tim-brown-say-bill-callahan-threw-super-bowl-xxxvii

He threw that superbowl same as pete the cheat threw the seahawks superbowl.

sunday nights game against the panthers reminded me an awful lot of the Raiders during the Rich Gannon days when like i said,those Raiders teams had a a great offense but a horrible defense. sunday nights game revealed that how the Raiders give up about as many as they score all the time which is in droves.:biggrin:

Damn election has me off my game! I completely missed the fact that the Raiders are actually good. I just caught the end of the Sunday night game. They are 7-2 and leading their division.
dude it happened last year,you could see it in the works then they were getting better and would be good this year.:rolleyes:

Love Khalil Mack....the guy is a Defensive force

Well unfortunately Carr just broke his leg.

Not sure if McGloin can lead them through the playoffs now or not.

He is probably the only one who is happy right at this minute.

Carr out indefinitely! Bad day for Raider Nation. What a blow to a good season.

I'm not a Raiders fan, but I find it disappointing. I wanted to see what the Raiders could do this year in the playoffs, now I'm not sure they'll do anything.

Yeah I feel bad for the Oakland fans.they had an excellent chance of at least winning their first playoff game in 13 years making it back after that long span but with Carr hurt,I see them doing the marty shittenheimer thing,ONE AND DONE.dont care for the raiders but i like Carr so i feel bad for him.:(

Los Angeles Pigskin

LA should see a resurgence in football man.

I was a big fan of the Raiders QB Rich Gannon and the Rams QB Jim Everett (though the Raiders were Oakland in the Gannon era).

I'm a fan of the Oregon Ducks college football team and am still hoping Oregon will someday create an NFL team --- perhaps the 'Oregon Ducks'(!) or the Oregon Dictators(!).

I predict this year's Raiders to make it all the way to the AFC Championship, but it will be nearly impossible at that point to tackle a focused Patriots team, IMO.

I like injured-and-out Raiders QB Carr, but I think back-up McGloin has the potential to stay level-headed behind good coaching and can potentially take the Raiders a good distance, but the Patriots at that point (if they survive an upset by the Dolphins or something) will nail them...

raiders-rams.jpg

Last edited:
Los Angeles Pigskin

LA should see a resurgence in football man.

I was a big fan of the Raiders QB Rich Gannon and the Rams QB Jim Everett (though the Raiders were Oakland in the Gannon era).

I'm a fan of the Oregon Ducks college football team and am still hoping Oregon will someday create an NFL team --- perhaps the 'Oregon Ducks'(!) or the Oregon Dictators(!).

I predict this year's Raiders to make it all the way to the AFC Championship, but it will be nearly impossible at that point to tackle a focused Patriots team, IMO.

I like injured-and-out Raiders QB Carr, but I think back-up McGloin has the potential to stay level-headed behind good coaching and can potentially take the Raiders a good distance, but the Patriots at that point (if they survive an upset by the Dolphins or something) will nail them...

View attachment 104518

of course they wont be able to beat the cheatriots,they got home filed advantage which as always,means they got the home town refs in their pockets working for them. the cheats after all have proven they cant win on the road in the playoffs since they cant cheat.last playoff game they did win on the road was the chargers ten years ago.lol the raiders and Gannon got screwed with the tuck rule.

oh and how could you possibly have ever cheered on that fucking LOS ANGELES Raiders team? Al Davis can burn in hell for moving them same as Georgia Frontiere is for the Rams right now.they are lined up said by said in hell now.:banana:

oh those were some great fun days to be an LA Ram fan the everett years.:thup:

Forum List

Back