The radicalization of the left

I don't know how she hasn't monetized the massive amount of attention she gets from Republicans.
Sure, both ends of the spectrum love highlighting shining symbols of their points.

This lady is a perfect example of the intellectual dishonesty of Identity Politics and Political Correctness. I can't blame them.

The Democrats did the same thing with Sarah Palin. They brought her up at every opportunity.

Obviously. Just one of the seemingly endless examples of how the two "sides" can be so similar in their behaviors.

but the difference is that Palin was attacked for being who she is, Dolezal is being attacked for pretending to be something she isn't. Not anywhere near equivalent.
There are always going to be differences. No two situations are EVER the same. Equivalency is rare.

My point is that both ends shamelessly exploit any perceived weakness at every opportunity, regardless of the validity of the argument.

That allows them both to (a) ignore and avoid the sins of their own tribe, and (b) avoid concentrating on actually improving things.

I agree with you in principle, but it is quite evident that there are more attacks generated by the left than by the right, the constant attacking of Trump is much greater than any attacks on Obama, the difference being that much of the media are leftists who have not been able to get over Hillary losing.

the other problem IMHO is career politicians, the founders never intended being in congress to be a lifetime pursuit, they envisioned that people would serve the government for a term or two and then return to real life. Being in congress has become much too lucrative financially and that is why we see so much corruption, lying, and cheating.
Is there more now? Yeah, I agree with that, and I see two reasons: First, we're just worse and more divided with each President. We're just getting uglier. And second, the Left thought it was over, that demographics had finally taken over and they were on their way. This threw a huge monkey wrench into that notion and they completely lost their shit as a result. Their behavior been a big disappointment.

The question is whether 2016 was a Big Change or a Last Gasp. My guess is the latter, but I'm lousy at political predictions.

if the divide continues or widens it may be time to split the country, let the liberals have the west coast and the northeast, the conservatives the rest. Then we can see which ideology actually works. California is pretty much proving that liberalism doesn't work as the middle class leaves in droves and only the very rich and the very poor remain. I don't know why liberals don't learn from history, liberalism always results in a few very very rich and everyone else equally miserable.

I don't know how she hasn't monetized the massive amount of attention she gets from Republicans.
Sure, both ends of the spectrum love highlighting shining symbols of their points.

This lady is a perfect example of the intellectual dishonesty of Identity Politics and Political Correctness. I can't blame them.

The Democrats did the same thing with Sarah Palin. They brought her up at every opportunity.

Obviously. Just one of the seemingly endless examples of how the two "sides" can be so similar in their behaviors.

Couldn't help it with Sarah. She kept saying such stupid things, and she was just so damn funny.
/——/ What Stupid things did Gov Palin say?

That's just a rhetorical question, right?

Is there more now? Yeah, I agree with that, and I see two reasons: First, we're just worse and more divided with each President. We're just getting uglier. And second, the Left thought it was over, that demographics had finally taken over and they were on their way. This threw a huge monkey wrench into that notion and they completely lost their shit as a result. Their behavior been a big disappointment.

America just got taken over by a crazy fascist against the will of the people. If anything, the reaction of the left has been understated.

Again, imagining 1930's German liberals hoping this will all work out. (Spoiler Alert, it didn't)

The question is whether 2016 was a Big Change or a Last Gasp. My guess is the latter, but I'm lousy at political predictions.

Well, your predictions suck because you keep clinging to really stupid premises.

My guess is that Trump will probably exacerbate the decline of the GOP, because he's probably put minority votes out of the GOP's range for a generation. But he could win a second term if the economy continues as it is.

Couldn't help it with Sarah. She kept saying such stupid things, and she was just so damn funny.

/----/ No, I'm asking for specifics. If I posted that you make racists remarks would you demand examples?

/----/ No, I'm asking for specifics. If I posted that you make racists remarks would you demand examples?

Sure, She's a real genius.

Sure, She's a real genius.

/----/ She's smart enough not to answer a "gotcha question" designed to lead her down a rabbit hole.
"And of course in 2008, vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin often dismissed questions as “gotcha” –most famously when interviewer Katie Couric asked her what newspapers and magazines she read. Palin said all of them." A brief history of the ‘gotcha question’ in politics

It's comical how the left fancies themselves as "intellectuals". These are the same people who can't grasp basic economics. The same people who can't grasp the difference between totalitarianism and libertarianism. And the same people who can't grasp the U.S. Constitution.
“Think about the people who you know who are over there. Your freaking stupid Uncle Louie or whatever. They’re dumbshits,” Salcido can be heard saying in the Jan. 25 tirade. “They’re not like high-level thinkers, they’re not academic people, they’re not intellectual people. They’re the lowest of our low.”
Some of the brightest minds that the U.S. has ever produced have come out of West Point, Annapolis, and the United States military. This low IQ dimwit isn't even remotely in the stratosphere of Colin Powell. Or Allen West. Or Stanley McChrystal.

Teacher who called military 'lowest of the low' is fired

Some of the brightest minds that the U.S. has ever produced have come out of West Point, Annapolis, and the United States military. This low IQ dimwit isn't even remotely in the stratosphere of Colin Powell. Or Allen West. Or Stanley McChrystal.

And what branch of the military did you serve in, Poodle?
Uh...I’m not the one bashing the U.S. military, nitwit. I’m the one acknowledging that some of our best and brightest have been produced by the military.

You would understand what was written if you weren’t so blinded by your hate for the U.S.

Uh...I’m not the one bashing the U.S. military, nitwit. I’m the one acknowledging that some of our best and brightest have been produced by the military.

You would understand what was written if you weren’t so blinded by your hate for the U.S.

And again, which branch did you sign up for? I was in the Army for 11 years.

Seems to me that you guys are the first ones who would call veterans who need help after their service "Parasites".

Seems to me that you guys are the first ones who would call veterans who need help after their service "Parasites".
I don’t mind if you need help, Joe. I mind that you hate the U.S., wealthy people, and believe that society owes you everything you want.

If you would go to churches for assistance, I would be the first and the loudest advocating for all of us to help you.

I don’t mind if you need help, Joe. I mind that you hate the U.S., wealthy people, and believe that society owes you everything you want.

If you would go to churches for assistance, I would be the first and the loudest advocating for all of us to help you.

i'm not going to beg to an imaginary sky pixie to get what is rightfully mine... thanks.

i'm not going to beg to an imaginary sky pixie to get what is rightfully mine... thanks.

Yeah, waiting for Bernie Sanders may not be the best alternative.

i'm not going to beg to an imaginary sky pixie...
Psst....Joe....that type of thinking right there is why you are so insanely miserable. If you think things are bad now, you’re in for an unimaginable shock when you die. It’s going to be a misery beyond your wildest imagination.

Forum List

Back