The Race for the Stupid Vote

Money

Oct 5, 2011
Is it just me, or does it seem like our politicians are engaging in a race to the bottom for simpleton voters?

Now is not the appropriate time to game people who aren't in the habit of thinking for votes.

I think there is a lot of work to do in our government, and NONE of the proposals being put forward have anything to do at that work.

It is because there are so many more "simpletons" today then there was yesterday, and there will be even more tomorrow

Is it just me, or does it seem like our politicians are engaging in a race to the bottom for simpleton voters?

Now is not the appropriate time to game people who aren't in the habit of thinking for votes.

I think there is a lot of work to do in our government, and NONE of the proposals being put forward have anything to do at that work.

Being that theres people in this country that don't know where the freaking Pacific ocean is...I'd say yes.

Given that both major political parties is advancing their plans that not only will not work, but that will actually make the economy worse?

I'd say that the blind appear to be leading the blind.

The reason politics is such a goat-fuck is because of the folks that don't pay attention till November.

I have to deal with them at work all of the time. They think they know everything they need to know......and it's usually wrong.

It is because there are so many more "simpletons" today then there was yesterday, and there will be even more tomorrow

Really? I was wondering about that the other day. Do you mean to say in the 1940s there weren't more simple people in America? I definitely feel that being stupid is more popular now than it ever has been. Both parties seem to have uncovered a proud to be stupid enclave totaling millions of Americans.

The big rift between them is that one group is old and proud to be stupid, and the other group is young and proud to be stupid.

Given that both major political parties is advancing their plans that not only will not work, but that will actually make the economy worse?

Right. My big concern with politics like that is a you never know what they actually have in mind. As soon as a politician begins pandering over useless plans and pointless agendas, I wonder, if they succeed in being elected, what is their game plan will actually be.

I see the wisdom... The smart, informed people know pretty much who they will be voting for pretty much at any time during the election cycle. Stupid, uninformed people win elections for Democrats. Republicans need to find a way to educate as many of those people as possible.

Right. My big concern with politics like that is a you never know what they actually have in mind. As soon as a politician begins pandering over useless plans and pointless agendas, I wonder, if they succeed in being elected, what is their game plan will actually be.

Their game plan will be whatever the lobbying money says it's going to be...

Being that theres people in this country that don't know where the freaking Pacific ocean is...I'd say yes.

Are you kidding me? I had some numnbut on here actually claiming Indonesia was on a "whole other continent".

:lol:

Its the money in our system.

We have been lied too for far too long and that is why people are starting to take to the streets.

One party is owned by wallstreet outright and the other is far too dependent on wallstreet money to get reelected.

Its the money.

Historically its been to plunder the treasury and entrench the wealth of friends while using the government to aid the large corporate institutions that put them there.

I see the wisdom... The smart, informed people know pretty much who they will be voting for pretty much at any time during the election cycle. Stupid, uninformed people win elections for Democrats. Republicans need to find a way to educate as many of those people as possible.

Only a stupid person would continue to pander to partisan ideology's in a time when there is zero difference between the two political parties with regard to -any- policy.

We have been lied too for far too long and that is why people are starting to take to the streets.

One party is owned by wallstreet outright and the other is far too dependent on wallstreet money to get reelected.

Its the money.

Now, what I've seen makes me think that mainly stupid people take to the streets.

Of course, the money is the least common denominator. I always am.

This makes a lot of sense. Being a little informed feels like being a little neglected. But, then again, I didn't bring my checkbook.

Its the money.

Now, what I've seen makes me think that mainly stupid people take to the streets.

Of course, the money is the least common denominator. I always am.

I do not agree with this. A more accurate statement would be that only unemployed poor take to the streets. Currently most of your unemployed are stupid people, but these protests are continually becoming more and more of a popular movement.

Really? I was wondering about that the other day. Do you mean to say in the 1940s there weren't more simple people in America? I definitely feel that being stupid is more popular now than it ever has been. Both parties seem to have uncovered a proud to be stupid enclave totaling millions of Americans.

The big rift between them is that one group is old and proud to be stupid, and the other group is young and proud to be stupid.

Which group are you in?

The American people are not stupid. Especially when compared with Europeans.

It just you or you are you are only listening to the simpleton politicians like Obama or Ron Paul.

Cain makes the fundamental point that he is the only candidate who is presenting a basic economic reform in his 9-9-9 program (9% personal income flat tax with no deductions, 9% corporate income tax, and a new 9% consumption tax on everything). He says that all the candidates are promising to undo the damage Obama has wrought in his presidency by repealing the likes of Obamacare and Dodd-Frank. But he says that all this will do is to roll the clock back to 2008 when the economic collapse started. "Our economy was sick then and is sick now," Cain says. He says that fundamental changes in our tax code, such as he is pushing, are the only way to cure the original problems that led to the roller coaster ride of the past few years. He criticizes Romney's jobs program saying that it "only replaces one set of loopholes with another set" and says that his de-regulation proposals just replace Obama's regulations but do nothing to restructure the tax incentives which are so destructive to economic growth. A very, very good point!

Bachmann makes a very good point of her own. She says that, while every candidate promises to repeal Obama's programs -- health care and Dodd-Frank --that it is not so simple. She likens the job to cancer surgery where you have to get out every single cell from every single organ into which it has metastasized. Obamacare has infested each part of the health care bureaucracy from HHS to Medicare to Medicaid to private insurance down to the individual doctors' offices and hospitals. Its effect won't go away when a repeal bill is signed. What of the tens of millions or formerly private patient records now sitting on federal computers? What of the health care rationing that is already taking place as a result of the data collection under the bill? She says that she was there when it passed and has fought it ever since and is the only one who knows how to root it out - all of it. Bachmann points out that a 3,000 page bill now runs to tens of thousands of pages of regulations. "This bill is still being written," she observes. She makes the same point about Dodd-Frank which has infected every aspect of the financial system and must be dealt with as firmly. She points out that someone needs to understand the damage it has done to community banking and federal regulation to realize how to uproot it and repeal it. (Dick Morris)

Forum List

Back