The Quiet Rage of the Responsible

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
This says it all. Some of us in America have lost our damn minds.

Let’s talk for a minute about Lollapalooza. After canceling in-person events last year, a few weeks ago Chicago once again hosted the long-running music festival, drawing more than 385,000 people. Many feared that the huge, raucous crowds could produce a coronavirus superspreader event.

But the festival required proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test for entry, and it introduced indoor mask requirements halfway through. And very few people appear to have been infected.

What does this tell us? That the return to more or less normal life and its pleasures many expected Covid vaccines to deliver could have happened in the United States. The reason it hasn’t — the reason we are instead still living in fear, with hospitals in much of the South nearing breaking point — is that not enough people have been vaccinated and not enough people are wearing masks.

It’s possible to have sympathy for some of the unvaccinated, especially workers who find it hard to take time off to get a shot and are worried about losing a day to aftereffects. But there’s much less excuse for those who refuse to get their shots or wear masks for cultural or ideological reasons — and no excuse at all for MAGA governors like Ron DeSantis in Florida, Greg Abbott in Texas and Doug Ducey in Arizona who have been actively impeding efforts to contain the latest outbreak.

So how do you feel about anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers? I’m angry about their antics, even though I’m able to work from home and don’t have school-age children. And I suspect that many Americans share that anger.

The question is whether this entirely justified anger — call it the rage of the responsible — will have a political impact, whether leaders will stand up for the interests of Americans who are trying to do the right thing but whose lives are being disrupted and endangered by those who aren’t.

To say what should be obvious, getting vaccinated and wearing a mask in public spaces aren’t “personal choices.” When you reject your shots or refuse to mask up, you’re increasing my risk of catching a potentially deadly or disabling disease, and also helping to perpetuate the social and economic costs of the pandemic. In a very real sense, the irresponsible minority is depriving the rest of us of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

It's time the right dropped the stupidity. Time after time the right is shown they are completely wrong, but instead of recognizing  they are wrong it's always somebody elses fault, specifically the media. This issue of vaccination should not even be debateble. But we have idiots wjo seem to thibk that the government has no right to govern thrm. That's not how it works.

I am not Einstein, but the people we elect work for us. This is my understanding of how the system is supposed to work. So ask yourself this question: If you were hiring a person for a job and you interviewed a candidate who told you that your company was useless and the less your company got in the way, the better things would be, would you hire that person? I wouldn’t, but that’s exactly what we did from 1994 through 2007 and again in 2010. 2010 was the first backlash against the first black president. The very people who called themselves the Tea Party, sat on their derrieres for 8 years watching a president spend like no tomorrow for a war he started for no reason, but suddenly they found deficit cutting religion in 2009.

They elected a congress with a majority who believed that government has no role then wondered why Washington wasn’t working. But that’s where they got it wrong, Washington was working. The federal government was working exactly the way the people who we hired promised. “The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help. They didn’t want to terrify us, so they didn’t help.

And yet the right continues to repeat the stupidity.

Let’s talk for a minute about Lollapalooza. After canceling in-person events last year, a few weeks ago Chicago once again hosted the long-running music festival, drawing more than 385,000 people. Many feared that the huge, raucous crowds could produce a coronavirus superspreader event.

But the festival required proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test for entry, and it introduced indoor mask requirements halfway through. And very few people appear to have been infected.

What does this tell us? That the return to more or less normal life and its pleasures many expected Covid vaccines to deliver could have happened in the United States. The reason it hasn’t — the reason we are instead still living in fear, with hospitals in much of the South nearing breaking point — is that not enough people have been vaccinated and not enough people are wearing masks.

It’s possible to have sympathy for some of the unvaccinated, especially workers who find it hard to take time off to get a shot and are worried about losing a day to aftereffects. But there’s much less excuse for those who refuse to get their shots or wear masks for cultural or ideological reasons — and no excuse at all for MAGA governors like Ron DeSantis in Florida, Greg Abbott in Texas and Doug Ducey in Arizona who have been actively impeding efforts to contain the latest outbreak.

So how do you feel about anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers? I’m angry about their antics, even though I’m able to work from home and don’t have school-age children. And I suspect that many Americans share that anger.

The question is whether this entirely justified anger — call it the rage of the responsible — will have a political impact, whether leaders will stand up for the interests of Americans who are trying to do the right thing but whose lives are being disrupted and endangered by those who aren’t.

To say what should be obvious, getting vaccinated and wearing a mask in public spaces aren’t “personal choices.” When you reject your shots or refuse to mask up, you’re increasing my risk of catching a potentially deadly or disabling disease, and also helping to perpetuate the social and economic costs of the pandemic. In a very real sense, the irresponsible minority is depriving the rest of us of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

It's time the right dropped the stupidity. Time after time the right is shown they are completely wrong, but instead of recognizing  they are wrong it's always somebody elses fault, specifically the media. This issue of vaccination should not even be debateble. But we have idiots wjo seem to thibk that the government has no right to govern thrm. That's not how it works.

I am not Einstein, but the people we elect work for us. This is my understanding of how the system is supposed to work. So ask yourself this question: If you were hiring a person for a job and you interviewed a candidate who told you that your company was useless and the less your company got in the way, the better things would be, would you hire that person? I wouldn’t, but that’s exactly what we did from 1994 through 2007 and again in 2010. 2010 was the first backlash against the first black president. The very people who called themselves the Tea Party, sat on their derrieres for 8 years watching a president spend like no tomorrow for a war he started for no reason, but suddenly they found deficit cutting religion in 2009.

They elected a congress with a majority who believed that government has no role then wondered why Washington wasn’t working. But that’s where they got it wrong, Washington was working. The federal government was working exactly the way the people who we hired promised. “The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help. They didn’t want to terrify us, so they didn’t help.

Ahhh STFU.

Responsible is the very last word with which you should identify. Seriously, man.

Reason being is that 99% of the pablum you pop off on here about reflects a blatant group victim mentality. You have no sense of Individualism. In fact, you oppose its very notion. Therefore you cannot know responsibility in its most fundamental sense.

As such you can never know personal responsibility. Not really. Given your collectivist principles, the term responsibility is just an empty catch phrase.

So you wasted a whole bunch of typing for nothing.

Responsible is the very last word with which you should identify. Seriously, man.

Reason being is that 99% of the pablum you pop off on here about reflects a blatant group victim mentality. You have no sense of Individualism. In fact, you oppose its very notion. Therefore you cannot know responsibility in its most fundamental sense.

As such you can never know personal responsibility. Not really. Given your collectivist principles, the term responsibility is just an empty catch phrase.

So you wasted a whole bunch of typing for nothing.
Individualism, as Chodorov says, is a different thing than selfishness. (Fugitive Essays). Individualism is what built the stores blm baboons looted and burned. Then Americans genuflected in guilt over a fentanyl; eater. Was it Chinese, like the virus?

Recently I know 4 people to have gotten infected with Covid.

1 unvaccinated

3 vaccinated

Vaccines and masks don’t work

Hydroxychloroquine does and it’s being restricted because the government doesn’t want the pandemic to end, because they created it in unison with China.

This global tyranny is worse than Hitler, Mao, and Stalin combined

I could care less if you're angry or your feelings are hurt. It's my choice if I want an injection or choose to wear a mask.

So everyone got vaccinated. They they would stand a better chance of surviving the concert than the city. It cause there is some places you don't go with out a gun and some places you don't go unless everybody has a gun

I checked on the details with that particular festival and Chicago media claims success was due to 90% attendees showing they’d been vaccinated. A negative test is worth way more, assuming that the test is not defective which has happened many times over, and documentation of negative result within three days prior to the event. A negative test result is worth a whole lot more than proof of having one of the Covid “vaccines”, because of the viral shedding (often claimed to not be occurring by pro-vax crowd). It’s interesting to consider that the Chicago media has implied that 90% of the concert goers at that particular festival had shown proof. How many of those documents do you think were bought online? Keep in mind we’re talking about, overall, a very young crowd anxious to go to a concert and many young minds are sometimes more apt to “do things” for a fun outcome. This factor will never be measured however, fake versus real documentation, fake available online.

If promoters really want to ensure a healthy public space for large events: do away with “vaccination ” proof -which is almost worthless considering all factors, and offer free tests and/or proof of negative result.

As a concert festival goer myself, I don’t have any problem providing a negative test result and having all foreheads scanned to toss out any feverish mongrel in the mix. If these promoters want to make the most money and to truly have the healthiest crowd possible, scan for elevated temperatures (no one gets in with a fever) and require a negative Covid test. No risky, unknown outcome jabs. The sensible route.

Last edited:
Progressive communities leading the way like usual. Conservative is being replaced by “backwards”.

Geeeezus, don't you ever stop whining?

IM2 What do you have to say to your Black brothers and sisters who refuse the vaccine? By percentage Blacks are the LEAST vaccinated ethnic group in America. So what say you IM2? Hmmmmmm?
It's a black thang you wouldn't understand.

According to the study: • Primary and Secondary Syphilis - In 2018, the disparity between Primary & Secondary syphilis rates for blacks and whites was 4.7 times greater for black females compared to white females and 4.8 times greater for black males compared to white males. • Gonorrhea - In 2018, gonorrhea rates are significant and concerning in all populations, but there is a clear disparity between blacks and whites with black males rate 8.5 times that of white males and black females rate at 6.9 times that of white females.
Chlamydia - The rate of reported chlamydia cases among black females was five times the rate among white females (1,411.1 and 281.7 cases per 100,000 population, respectively). The rate of reported chlamydia cases among black males was 6.8 times the rate among white males (952.3 and 140.4 cases per 100,000 population, respectively).

HIGHER SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE (STD) PREVALENCE STD prevalence is higher in African Americans compared to other racial/ethnic group. Because STDs can place people at higher risk for HIV, higher STD prevalence may contribute to more HIV transmissions among African Americans. HIGH HIV PREVALENCE HIV is more prevalent among African Americans compared to other racial/ethnic groups. As a result, while risk behaviors like sex without a condom or having multiple partners are comparable to other races/ethnicities, African Americans face greater exposure risk during sexual encounters than other racial/ethnic groups.

The CDC says that as of 2018, Black women were 14 times more likely to be diagnosed with HIV than white women and 5 times more likely than Hispanic women.

Blacks seem to be superspreaders.

New Topics

Forum List

Back